anyone on 800 calories diet?

Options
Dont get me wrong, I eat healthy food options but really small portions..

Replies

• theyrmysun
    theyrmysun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done it before , lost weight at first, then it came to a halt. Didnt have energy and I was tired and cranky.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I was once on a 480 calorie diet. The weight came off. Diet ended. The weight came right back and brought friends.
    I understand wanting to get the weight off as soon as possible, but I have to recommend you do it in a way that you can live with long term so that you don't have to go through this again like I am. (but I know you'll do what you want)
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    21991008.jpg

the-angry-mob.png
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I've been at/around 800-1000 since February. I haven't had any issues. I've had regular checkups/bloodtests/etc. Haven't felt bad. Get plenty of what I need, have tons of energy.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend it unless you are under a doctors supervision. You could do a lot of damage to your body that way.
  • 35khris
    35khris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do it every other day....800 then 1300. It works for me. Good Luck.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ya...
    My results.

Missing chunks of my hair, moody, and sleepy.

But I lost a few lbs... winner!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    that's not even half what i eat...
  • srikaanth
    Options
    You might knock a lot of pounds for the first 3-4 weeks., After that , you will hit a plateau .Your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.
    You are better off eating 1700 odd calories and burning around 500 in the gym if you can. Or get at least 1400 in with a good combination of all macro nutrients. I am trying to make this change for myself for a lifetime and not for a few weeks. Just my 2 cents :) . Good luck.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You might knock a lot of pounds for the first 3-4 weeks., After that , you will hit a plateau .Your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.
    You are better off eating 1700 odd calories and burning around 500 in the gym if you can. Or get at least 1400 in with a good combination of all macro nutrients. I am trying to make this change for myself for a lifetime and not for a few weeks. Just my 2 cents :) . Good luck.

I agree with the exercise, but I've done this since February. No plateau... no slowed metabolism. 9 months in, no plateau and a steady loss of weight.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Give us some additional information. Are you 4'9" tall? Do you weigh 105 trying to get down to 90? Do you have a medically-documented ultra-slow metabolism? There are possible scenarios but I suspect they aren't yours. Your body is a machine and it needs fuel. If you want some help / support, we need more information.
  • mamdore
    mamdore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was once an 800 cal dieter! but no more! I lost 30lbs in about 3 months! but guess what? I regained 50lbs in less than 3 months! I was taking appetite suppressants to help me stay in the cal range. but my metabolism slowed and there was a time when I wouldn't even feel hungry and I would eat only 200-300 cals!!! the diet also discouraged exercise; which is obvious given that I was eating half of my BMR! then there was a time when I grew fed up of eating the same foods , I would often gag at the sight of lettuce! I began to get cranky, all I did was think about food. I began to dream food, wondering what else I could eat and yet stay within my range.
    Thankfully, it only lasted 3 months; while I regained almost twice the weight I lost, at least I didn't do any permanent damage to my metabolism. Today, I exercise and I fuel my body, I eat 5-7 small meals a day between 2000-2700 cals (sometimes as much as 3000 cals according to my burn on that day) . I burn around 1000-1400 cals per day and I never NET below my BMR; which is 1586!

Moral of the story... do not net below your BMR! you must eat to fuel your body, build muscle and rave up your metabolism! ... and 800 cals will not do it!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yeah, I am too - but I can't stick to it.

It's really too hard.

I set it low to speed things up and because I hit a plateau that dragged on and on... worked while my motivation was high.
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    I lived decades on about a 1000, It's all you need if you're lean enough. Find your TDEE and use that to calculate a reasonable deficit don't just pick a random number.
  • mamdore
    mamdore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ya...
    My results.

Missing chunks of my hair, moody, and sleepy.

But I lost a few lbs... winner!

wow! food for thought! ...no pun intended!
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth. I ate an average of 500-800 calories for a year and never hit a plateau. Then I relapsed into bulimia, and THAT'S when I hit a plateau. Forget starvation mode, even if you lose tons of weight, the health effects are not worth it - physical and mental. Only do this under careful doctor and psychologist supervision. There was a study done on healthy young men where they consumed a VLCD - the great majority of them developed eating disorders.
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.
    lol, yes!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    my supper sometime goes close to that...it's way too low.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

This!! love it :laugh: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.