Trick or treaters stole my candy bowl. (video inside)

Options

Replies

• know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Shadows + paint ball gun = problem solved.

LOL! this idea has my vote.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shadows + paint ball gun = problem solved.

LOL! this idea has my vote.

Definitely you should do this next year, because they will be back!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    lol.

That's funny.
  • GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hee hee hee!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Uh... duh. C'mon, you can't be too lazy to open the door properly and complain when people just come by and take everything.

You're giving off the signal of 'I can't be bothered to do this but I feel socially obligated to leave candy out.' and get angry when what exactly was going to happen actually happens.

Growing up I would have been a kid who nervously took 2-3 pieces and after I left, looked back to see a kid grabbing handfuls and stuffing them into their bag moments later. It's not all how a kid is raised, by leaving out a bowl you basically are saying 'I don't really care.'

Even in the 1950's kids would have ravaged an unattended bowl.

Edit: And if you're not going to be home, just don't leave candy. Haha... uh... so... you were going to record all the kids getting candy and uh......... watch it later after you got home from work?

Uh...while eating popcorn in the dark? Do you have lots of videos like this because I'd like you to have a seat right over here....

Great job over-analyzing everything. The candy was left out because we don't care if they take it all. In fact, isn't that the point? Even better, this was the last group of kids for the night, so it's good that they took all of the remaining candy so I wouldn't be stuffing it in my face for the rest of the week. It's just a funny video so I posted it up. After all, what is an early teen going to do with a cheap old plastic bowl? It didn't even have any candy left in it!

Finally, in regards to the video, I guess it didn't dawn on you that I might have security cameras all around the house. Did you really think I had set up a camera specifically to watch kids coming to take candy? That was really your first thought?
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    No video proof but it happened to someone I know too. WTF?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    OMG damn strangers can't be trusted these days. Next time leave it in an old show box!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You have a camera watching your candy bowl?

Weird.

^^ This was my thought

We have left a bowl out for several years as we go with a group of our friends in their neck of the hood -- and yes the last 2 years the bowl has been gone - *:ohwell: *

BUT I can honestly say I was never concerned enough to video the kids in the neighborhood
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Can you say kleptos!? Wow.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Next year maybe I'll just set a bowl out with a camera and speaker system so that when kids do that i can pull out my best chastising voice and yell "what do you think you're doing?" and see if they piss themselves.

Honestly I've been in my house for 8 years, the first 4 I handed out candy and didn't get a single child. The 5th year I set a bowl on the porch and came home to an untouched bowl filled with candy, so when my son was born 3 years ago I turned the light out and headed out for our own candy adventures.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    OP was filming his candy bowl so he could watch little kids trick or treating.

1309422978-37.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    why are you shocked by this?
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    We encountered this alot last night (some people weren't home, some might not want to go to the door every 3 minutes or whatever)....but there were at least 3-4 houses that did this and there were tons of kids going up an down the street. There was plenty of candy in all of the bowls and each house left a polite note to help yourself to 1-2 pcs or whatever. I guess it could happen any where, but I'm happy to report that the kids where we were seemed to be doing "the right thing".
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    OMG damn strangers can't be trusted these days. Next time leave it in an old show box!

^^THIS! "leave it in an old shoe box!"
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    We were shocked that our bowl was left! Candy was gone within an hour though.

I can't believe some people are shocked that others leave a bowl out for the kids. We do it so we can take our kids trick or treating (and cocktail it up with our friends while walking the little ones).
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For all you people berating someone for leaving the candy outside:
    I leave a bowl of candy outside, I had school last night and didn't come home until almost 10pm. However; I did still want to give candy to children. My candy bowl was not stolen and there was actually candy still left inside.

I do not think it's too much to ask for children to be respectful of personal property, especially when that personal property is holding a gift for them.

When I was a child and went trick or treating and there were bowls out (yes, I've come across this many times) I might have taken two instead of one, but I was still respectful of the household and the children yet to come.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

I can't believe some people are shocked that others leave a bowl out for the kids. We do it so we can take our kids trick or treating (and cocktail it up with our friends while walking the little ones).

And I am paying for it today...
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

And I am paying for it today...

Thats bc you ****-tailed it up MORE after we were done....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    The kids were for sure in the wrong for taking the whole thing... BUT that being said, there are many many unsupervised little turds that are allowed to run rampant at Halloween without adult supervision and I think that many of them would take the whole bowl if given the chance. Sad, but true. This kind of thing has been happening (and will continue to happen) for years...generations even. :huh:
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Heh... this reminds me of a very specific moment when I went trick-or-treating when I was a kid (15 years ago...)

Someone had a scarecrow sitting on a chair on the porch with a bowl of candy in it, with a sign saying 'please take only one'. The kid ahead of me grabbed a handful, and as he was putting it in his bucket, the scarecrow (homeowner in a costume) jumped up yelling 'take only one!!! RAAAAAAAAA!' Needless to say, no one on that block took more than one the rest of the night.