Thanksgiving plans

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I'm not going to worry about it at all. I mean, I may try not to eat until I am sick like I used to do, but I am not going to count calories or skip any of my favorites on that day.

We will be doing it a week early though since Thanksgiving falls on the week my mom has chemo. Meaning she won't really be up to eating a huge meal. Instead, we will do it the Tuesday the week before while some of my family is in town and during the week where mom feels the best.

Right now I am thinking about (for 5 people):
    Turkey
    "Family" Stuffing
    Corn Bread Dressing
    Cranberry Sauce
    Rolls
    Green Bean Casserole
    Roasted Sweet Potatoes
    Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
    Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
    Peanut Butter Pie

And setting it up buffet style.
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    I'm only saving room for plenty of Pumpkin pie!! (Can do without the rest.)
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Wel, I am the one cooking. And I plan on logging everything in. I will probably go over by a bit, but it is a day to spend with the family. And I will be on my feet the day before prepping and in the hot kitchen most of the day too. I plan on going for a walk after everyone leaves. I do an all day buffet for my family and friends, but I do make sure there is a veggie and fruit tray. But I will have that slice of pumpkin pie and a homemade chocolate truffle! All washed down with a nice white wine. :drinker:
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'm not going to log, but I'm not going to go overboard either.

Agreed
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    my family is having a small thanksgiving early because we are going on vacation forthe holiday. I'll be doing a lot of walking on that trip so definitely going be a cheat day...just not going to go over the top overboard with it.
  • thanksgiving and Christmas eve/day I will not be logging and eating whatever I want haha.
    ME TOO!! Since I'm doing all the cooking for 20+ people I figure I'll sweat in the kitchen enough to do some good eatin' :tongue:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I am going to eat whatever I want and drink whatever I want. Just till I am full, take a nap, then eat and drink more. duh. :):tongue:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    I'm going to eat dessert first this year
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    My family decided to escape the yearly extended family drama by going to Florida for Thanksgiving so we are going out for dinner. I kind of hope they have vegetarian options because I normally fill up on sides since I'm not crazy about turkey. I'm hoping I get medical clearance to run by then then I'll make it a maintenance day and hopefully burn 400-500 so I can eat like 2000 calories.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    My holidays are as follows:
    Wake up.
    have protein shake.
    Go to grandparents.
    Eat small amount, as is required so as not to offend the elderly.
    Protein shake.
    Drive 1.5 hours to dads house.
    eat small amount, so as not to offend the grumpy.
    Drive 1.5 hours back.
    Go to hubbys family.
    Protein shake.
    turn down more food, nobody is offended because everyone is stuffed stupid by now.
    watch everyone sit on couch and groan miserably.
    go home.
    snack on veggie tray remnants that nobody ever eats.
    go to bed.

repeat for christmas.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Im running a 5K that morning and will not go overboard but wont log - BUT I need the energy from the calories for my all night black Friday shopping!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    I am going to eat awesome food, within my limits. I'm one heck of a good cook :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm going to...

EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!!1!eleven!

But I have always eaten more deliberately on most days, so I don't have an overall problem with food that a day or two could screw up.

Oh, and I'll definitely log whatever it is I eat. What is the rationale behind not logging it? It isn't like not logging it keeps it from affecting your results.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Pigging out!!! and not logging!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    What is the rationale behind not logging it?

Too full to move
  • twerkthat
    twerkthat Posts: 23 Member
    I'm going to try to be on my best behavior :sad: but no promises :blushing: :drinker:
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    first I am biking my usual route. Then

All I want to enjoy is my all time fav <3 stuffing...1/2 c as I am diabetic. The rest~ pie and cake meh I can leave it alone.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    I'm going to...

EAT ALL TEH FOODZ!!1!!1!eleven!

But I have always eaten more deliberately on most days, so I don't have an overall problem with food that a day or two could screw up.

Oh, and I'll definitely log whatever it is I eat. What is the rationale behind not logging it? It isn't like not logging it keeps it from affecting your results.
    For me, I won't log because I will have no way to look up the correct calories on the casseroles and such that my mom cooks. So there is no point in my trying to log. I am gonna take it really easy this year. I love dessert, so I am just gonna eat a little lunch, then PECAN PIE!!! Yuuuuuummmmm!!!!!:D
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    I will log my food, but not worry if I go over. I simply MUST have a piece of pumpkin pie! I will eat it slowly & deliberately enjoy every bite!! :love:
  • I may try to log it, maybe not. Depends on what they're having and how easy it is to figure out the calories or best guess-timate since it's kind of a pot luck thing. Luckily, we're going to my MIL's and... how to say this nicely?... they aren't very good cooks so it will be a LOT easier to resist. I also plan to bring along a salad that truthfully only me and my fam will likely eat but is relatively healthy. Now if we were going to MY mom's this year, MFP would have to do without me for the day because frankly, I wouldn't care if it were a thousand calories in that cornbread dressing, I would chow down like a hound (but only one plate for lunch and one plate for dinner). My current holiday plans are to eat my faves in moderation and try to squeeze in exercise somewhere. It will be a little hard this year since my in-laws are 4 hours away but since we bring the travel DVD player for the kids, I may bring one of my workout videos and try to do something or maybe take a walk with the kids.