How has your life changed since losing the wt--or has it?

Options
I love reading and seeing the success stories here so much. They are even more encouraging to me than you can imagine, your success stories and pics help me to really believe that if you guys can do it...I can too!

That got me to wondering how your life has changed since you've taken off the weight? Even for those who may not have reached their goals yet, but are working on it diligently day by day. Has your life changed, if so how? If not, why not (or why do think it/your life hasn't changed?

Replies

• melliebelly77
    Options
    I am so much more confident now! I didn't realize how much I didn't have until I started feeling better about myself!
    My husband is pleased with the results and it is nice to get second looks from strangers now and again.
    I am getting compliments I haven't gotten in so long, and it feels great and motivates me to keep going!
    Im also being an example to my kids and that means so much to me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am so much more confident now! I didn't realize how much I didn't have until I started feeling better about myself!
    My husband is pleased with the results and it is nice to get second looks from strangers now and again.
    I am getting compliments I haven't gotten in so long, and it feels great and motivates me to keep going!
    Im also being an example to my kids and that means so much to me!

That is so tremendous. Also, I'm am soooo proud of you for losing 55 HUGE pounds--High Fives :glasses:

How long did it take you to lose the big ole 55 and were you doing any specific kinds of exercises. So encouraging, thanks for posting!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    The biggest change is that I can now get ready in 5 mins! It used to take me an hour because I'd have to go through my whole wardrobe changing clothes each time I got dressed because it looked bad or didn't fit. Now everything fits and I can get ready in 5 mins or less! :drinker:
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I have been doing this since March. I bought a Fitbit and started with walking 10K steps at least 5 days a week. I just finished 30 Day Shred and will be starting Ripped in 30. At this point, it is a habit and I am so close to reaching my goal, I have no choice but to keep going:)
  • ryang99
    ryang99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have noticed I am less tired... Have more energy... also feel better. I remember after eating fast food I would get the "McSlows"... and hated it. I have not had any fast food in the past two months.... Over all I have lost 80 lbs and over 40 here on MFP.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am way happier!
    I wish I had done this in my 30's not late 50's!
  • Colexlovely
    Colexlovely Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The biggest change is that I can now get ready in 5 mins! It used to take me an hour because I'd have to go through my whole wardrobe changing clothes each time I got dressed because it looked bad or didn't fit. Now everything fits and I can get ready in 5 mins or less! :drinker:

Same here! I would pick everything and then take it off because it looked so bad. Sometimes I would go through everything and just cry because I couldn't find something that made me look good to myself. It is so nice to finally start feeling good about myself and be able to get ready faster.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I am happier and feel more confident. Which is HUGE for me!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Never thought in a million years I would go to my closet and not want to wear anything because its to big instead of to small.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

oh Goooooooooood I so know that experience and for me, it's nothing less than horrible, a major league super BUMMER--I HATE that! Thanks so much for posting this, I never thought about that as a life changer and I am so looking forward to that. :drinker:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    More energy.
    More confidence.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have the energy to do a lot more things now and find myself wanting to be active.

Putting on my socks is also so much easier!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think this is kind of a mixed bag... and I know I'm not alone when I say that a lot of my relationships have changed. When my boyfriend and I started dating, I weighed over 100lbs more than I do now, and though he's been extremely supportive, I think my new self confidence makes me seem like a different person. I'm not a pushover anymore and I don't let people walk all over me. I'm much more assertive & don't put up with drama or petty BS. A few months ago, I lost my best friend of 14+ years because she told me that I needed to reverse my lap band because I'd lost too much weight and we just didn't really ever talk again after that.

It's definitely been a great journey, but challenging in some respects as well. I think the most important thing is to have an awesome support system around you - including people who can keep you grounded!
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    I have so much more energy to run around with my kids at the park...the thought of shopping does not petrify me...I no longer avoid the mirror on my dresser when I walk by...little things like this I never would have thought of!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    My life has changed a LOT. I had a lot of health issues that have completely been resolved. I have a TON more energy to do things with my kids. I have a lot more confidence. I know that I am a better, wife,mother and employee because I feel so much better, and I am not tired all the time. I worry less about dying at a young age of a heart attack, stroke etc. Because I still have a way to go before I am at a healthy weight, but I am definitely a lot better off than I was. I can walk into just about any clothing store and find something that fits. I no longer have to go to the plus size store and look for the biggest size. I could go on and on!!! Oh, I can also walk into a movie theatre, amusement park, etc and know that I will fit into whatever seat I am trying to fit into!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am only four months in, so no huge changes of note. It's the little things that I notice though. For example, I used to get winded trying to walk up a flight of stairs. now I can run up two flights before starting to get winded. I've gone down a size in pants. It's easier to wear my seat belt. .... lots of little things....
  • rubix08
    rubix08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I feel more confident, there are so many smaller things I notice now that make me feel glad that I decided to change how I lived. Yesterday I noticed, while driving, that my stomach didn't come close to the steering wheel like it used too and that just brought my mood waaaay up. Clothes fit better than ever before and I just feel healthier and have more energy. It's a slow process but I have no regrets about doing it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I can sleep! I've had insomnia my whole life and never thought that eating badly and never exercising could contribute to it. I got so sick of taking heavy drugs just to sleep and then feel like crap all day the next day and my doctor PROMISED me (I made her, haha) that regular exercise will help me get off the drugs. Well, it did and then I quickly learned that what I eat is fuel for my next workout, so I changed my eating habits too. I have slept like a giant baby with no drugs for 5 months and lost 20 lbs, and created some really great healthy habits.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm more friendly, more confident. Feel better about my clothes and myself. I'm more likely to go out, and be outgoing.

I think I just love myself more, and there's no more time for pity parties!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    CONFIDENCE. :heart: Lots and lots of it! :drinker:

That sums it up pretty well. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!