c25k

Options

Replies

• fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    week 5, day 3 today....... I hope I can do the entire 20 minutes.....not sure how it'll work ..... wish me luck :tongue: I am slow but so far have been able to keep up with the program (which I really really did not expect as I have always hated running, have asthma and have I mentioned I used to hate running .....)
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi, I will join you. I just saw your post today. I already started this past Monday and completed Week 1 Day 2 today. Count me in for motivation and support.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    im soo excited tomorrow is day 3 and I cant wait to get out there :D maybe I can make 200more meters haha, we'll see..
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    I was so excited to get out there and finish week 1 that I barely slept. Made it to 90min of sleep :(
    One second I was like "do it tomorrow", but "noooo!". I know if I stopped I would never get out there again....

So I literally felt like a zombie running in the early morning hours... My pace was a little slower, BUT I didnt stop my last run at 60sec! I kept running for 2:15 and am so damn proud of myself, because a few weeks ago I could barely run for 20sec...

Cant wait for week 2 !!
  • LanadO
    LanadO Posts: 11
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys! I am not able to run at all, but have recently started walking/jogging with a friend and the bug has definitely bitten, I would LOVE to be able to run a FULL 5km!!

So how do we track?
  • kass22185
    kass22185 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys! I am not able to run at all, but have recently started walking/jogging with a friend and the bug has definitely bitten, I would LOVE to be able to run a FULL 5km!!

So how do we track?

If you have a smartphone there is an app for c25k it tells you when to walk and when to jog. I'm sure you could probably print a schedule online too.

I am set to finish week 1 tonight. I'm a little nervous to go into week 2 bc 60 seconds of jogging has been hard for me. I'll give it a try and I'll give week one another round if i HAVE to!
  • magsi25
    magsi25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

So how do we track?

If you have a smartphone there is an app for c25k it tells you when to walk and when to jog. I'm sure you could probably print a schedule online too.

I am set to finish week 1 tonight. I'm a little nervous to go into week 2 bc 60 seconds of jogging has been hard for me. I'll give it a try and I'll give week one another round if i HAVE to!

When I was doing the c25k the first time I was running to fast and thought i'd never get done. I slowed right down to not much more than a walk. Get through that then you can think of the speed. I nearly packed it in because of that but stuck it out.
  • magsi25
    Options
    I was so excited to get out there and finish week 1 that I barely slept. Made it to 90min of sleep :(
    One second I was like "do it tomorrow", but "noooo!". I know if I stopped I would never get out there again....

So I literally felt like a zombie running in the early morning hours... My pace was a little slower, BUT I didnt stop my last run at 60sec! I kept running for 2:15 and am so damn proud of myself, because a few weeks ago I could barely run for 20sec...

Cant wait for week 2 !!

Brill job. I wish we had the weather to get out early morning. I don't like going out in the dark. lol
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    you can fly down here whenever you want andjoin me on my runs :D
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just finished c25k last week. Good luck and don't give up!!! I'll be starting 5to10k soon, but getting a long run in today for in preparatin for Saturday's 5k obstacle course race.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I will tentatively say yes, I need to figure out the logistics of when I will be able to run after the time change this weekend.
  • magsi25
    Options

I wish, but Scotland might be a bit far.lol
  • entonline
    entonline Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    today will be week 1 day 2 for me. Day 1 was hard and I skipped 2 of the "jogging" parts. Hoping to make it the right way today. What pace are you guys doing during each section? just out of curiosity. I am walking at 3.0 and jogging at 4.4. I know that's not fast or anything, but I have short legs and am a beginner, so I'm not trying to sprint or anything.

Just started W1 day 1 today, but I think I had a bit of a headstart as I've been doing intervals for a few weeks now and using primarily the treadmill (with a steep incline) for my cardio. Today, I used 3.3 as my walking pace and 4.5 as my jogging pace (and I'm 4'11" so I know what you mean by short legs). I've gone as high as 5.5 with intervals in the past, but I want to be able to pace myself and not go for speed so much, so I think i'll push my running pace to 4.8 tomorrow. Made it through the workout just fine and would have done it again right away if time permitted. When I 1st started doing intervals, my biggest problem was being out of breath, now my problem is the burn i feel in my legs (although that may be due to the 30DS I also do lol).

Anyway, I'm in for the challenge and will post/update daily! Tomorrow is W1 D2 for me! Let's do this, everyone!!!!
  • kass22185
    Options
    being out of breath is my biggest problem too. I try to really focus on proper breathing, but i'm so out of shape I know its just something I'll have to keep doing and it'll get better. I think I'm going to do some of my turbo jam dvd's too, to incorporate more cardio.
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    WooHoo !! I just completed C25K Week 1 Day 3.... I feel great. That also counts toward one of my weeks mini goals !! Thanks everyone for the encouragement. If I can do it anyone can. Other than my legs feeling like two 500 lb tree trunks, I find my biggest problem is my mind trying to tell me I can't do it. But I proved it wrong this week. I DID IT !! :)
  • AnjaZ89
    Options

I wish, but Scotland might be a bit far.lol

oh that would be like 11.000km ... but if you decide to do so, please make a short stop in Germany and bring my brother :D I miss him so much :(
  • AnjaZ89
    Options
    WooHoo !! I just completed C25K Week 1 Day 3.... I feel great. That also counts toward one of my weeks mini goals !! Thanks everyone for the encouragement. If I can do it anyone can. Other than my legs feeling like two 500 lb tree trunks, I find my biggest problem is my mind trying to tell me I can't do it. But I proved it wrong this week. I DID IT !! :)

awesome! Im going to try W2D1 tomorrow morning, and Im reaaally excited. To me it feels a bit like Christmas everytime I finish another day, I feel like a kid unwrapping a present I really wished for haha

My thighs feel a bit heavier after the workout, but it lasts like 8hours and it's over, I think that's okay.
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Loving c25k! On Week 4 Day 2 and really getting a feel for this!
  • andreajp
    andreajp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did week 4 day 1 today. I took a week off last week because I had a little surgical procedure so when I started this week I repeated w3d3.

I find that no matter what week or day I am on the first run is the hardest. The rest seem so much easier. I think my brain has figured out that my lungs aren't going to leap out of my chest. :-)
  • kass22185
    Options
    I just finished week 1! Tonight was the first time my legs actually felt it, but my breathing was a little better. Lookin forward to week2!