anyone on 800 calories diet?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I was on an 800 calorie diet, I'd be murdering people. And then eating their remains.

That would be off plan. Especially since the people you could catch and eat would probably be very high in saturated fats.

They wouldn't fit in my macros... =(
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I know everybody's different, but last week, I averaged 922 calories/day and lost 1.8 pounds...went from 126.8 to 125 pounds. I worked out five days out of seven (average calorie burn - 310,) with good energy levels. In my experience, folks try to justify/defend a higher-calorie diet because they refuse to deny their greedy belly and/or taste buds! (Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you; notice that I prefaced it with "in my experience!")

my go, my go....

i lost 1lb per week last week going from 126 to 125, netting 1600 cals, and i worked out 5 days out of seven...

but i guess that was just refusing to deny my greedy belly and taste buds....

How is it possible that you missed "I know everybody's different," "In my experience," and my personal favorite, "Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you..." ???
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I know everybody's different, but last week, I averaged 922 calories/day and lost 1.8 pounds...went from 126.8 to 125 pounds. I worked out five days out of seven (average calorie burn - 310,) with good energy levels. In my experience, folks try to justify/defend a higher-calorie diet because they refuse to deny their greedy belly and/or taste buds! (Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you; notice that I prefaced it with "in my experience!")

my go, my go....

i lost 1lb per week last week going from 126 to 125, netting 1600 cals, and i worked out 5 days out of seven...

How is it possible that you missed "I know everybody's different," "In my experience," and my personal favorite, "Please don't croak if that doesn't apply to you..." ???

i was just giving "my experience" to illustrate that "everyone is different" plus, i'm allowed to croak, look at my user name....
  • pamcuster
    Options
    it's kind of funny and kind of sad how these kinds of threads ALWAYS get pages and pages of replies that say the same thing

oh how the poor dead horses get beaten on MFP

Lol right!?

I love the 800cal group losing 1/4lb a week or less when we have the 1600-2200cal team losing up to 2lbs a week.
    Wizardry!!!!!

you probably lost lean muscle mass. not smart. not smart at all.

Nope...I'm doing Jillian's 30DayShred (among other things) and keeping my protein up. I am noticably stronger with more endurance and better muscle tone...I am *noticably* losing my gut and hips and tricep flab; those are *not* areas that I carry "lean muscle mass!"
  • pamcuster
    Options

my go, my go....

i was just giving "my experience" to illustrate that "everyone is different" plus, i'm allowed to croak, look at my user name....

OK, that was funny! :)
    How tall are you?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    No, these are crash diets. They work fast and hard, but they are hard to maintain. Unless you are in ketosis and under medical supervision every month.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Dont get me wrong, I eat healthy food options but really small portions..

I eat more than twice that and would cry if I had to eat less. 800 calories has got to be under your BMR and is completely unnecessary.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    21991008.jpg

the-angry-mob.png

:heart: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    How come people who have smaller amounts of weight to lose seem like they're in such a rush? I want to lose at least 150 pounds, but if it came down to only eating 800 calories a day, I literally could not do it. I would be so miserable. I eat 2000 a day and lose 2/3 pounds a week and this makes me ecstatic. And I am never hungry.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Haaayyyyylllll Naw! I can eat 800 calories in my sleep!
  • pamcuster
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.

OK, I read it...First, I think it's funny/ironic that the whole premise was "You Are Not Different," yet the second section starts by stating, "Some people's bodies are, in fact, demonstrably more resistant to weight loss (or gain) than others."
    Ummmm, I *am* blonde, but being "demonstrably more resistant" would definitely constitiute being "different!!!"

Second, when I said, "everybody's different," I was simply referring to weight and size...as in, if a woman is a *different* height and weight than me, her food requirements will be *different.*
    If a woman is 5'1" and 125 pounds (like me) but has a sedentary lifestyle with no working out, then I can say with relative assurance that she is NOT going to lose weight eating 3000 calories a day...so, in that, we are *not* different.
    I only used the "everybody's different" intro because of people's tendency to get really worked up on these lower-calorie threads!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.

OK, I read it...First, I think it's funny/ironic that the whole premise was "You Are Not Different," yet the second section starts by stating, "Some people's bodies are, in fact, demonstrably more resistant to weight loss (or gain) than others."
    Ummmm, I *am* blonde, but being "demonstrably more resistant" would definitely constitiute being "different!!!"

Second, when I said, "everybody's different," I was simply referring to weight and size...as in, if a woman is a *different* height and weight than me, her food requirements will be *different.*
    If a woman is 5'1" and 125 pounds (like me) but has a sedentary lifestyle with no working out, then I can say with relative assurance that she is NOT going to lose weight eating 3000 calories a day...so, in that, we are *not* different.
    I only used the "everybody's different" intro because of people's tendency to get really worked up on these lower-calorie threads!

And my input on this is when you get your metabolism in line with a healthy lifestyle you too can experience weight loss and healthy living by eating at a regular state.
    As it is...at 800 cals a day....laughable...
    Life of the party i bet.
    Eat at TDEE for 2 weeks or until you maintain then continue this conversation.
    PS: TDEE is about 2k+.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.

You are missing the main point of the article which is

<snip>In short: you can’t beat thermodynamics anymore than anything else in the universe. You. Are. Not. Different. You can’t gain bodymass unless your energy intake exceeds your energy output because you can’t make something out of nothing (muscle or fat). And you can’t lose bodymass unless your energy intake is less than your energy ouput. These are rules that every system in the universe has to follow, including the human body. Nature’s rules, not mine to quote the all-knowing Mr. Miyagi. We may not like them, but we have to live by them anyway.<snip>

and when it refers to diet resistance, it is talking about people that are more sensitive to metabolic adaptation that others - it does not mean that the rules of thermodynamics do not still apply.

<snip>Some people’s bodies simply increase metabolic rate more quickly (or drop it more quickly) in response to increased or decreased calories,snip>

Edited to fix typo
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was; I did Medi Weight Loss, it is a 500-800 supervised weight loss program with lost of appetite suppressants and supplements. It worked well for a month or so, but I couldn't stick to it! A couple co-workers did it as well, one put all the weight back on, and the other is still struggling.

I ditched it for a much healthier, balanced diet and exercise. It is slower, but much more enjoyable. Also, I'm still working through the lessons they taught me about the evils of carbs. Yes, all carbs. There are points when I wasn't allowed to eat veggies!

Lifestyle change to eat healthier is a lot better than crazy low-cal diets!

-Kat
  • chickie11
    chickie11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did 900..for a year and a half on a Doctor approved diet...I was morbidly obese...it really saved my life but now transition is the hard part. Im ready to eat more because I can exercise now...the tricky part is keeping it off and taking the rest off. I would only advise this in extreme cases such as mine..it was that or die. Now the big work is ahead of me! MFP keeps me honest..motivated..and strong <3
  • pamcuster
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.

And my input on this is when you get your metabolism in line with a healthy lifestyle you too can experience weight loss and healthy living by eating at a regular state.
    Life of the party i bet.

Right...to each his own...we're gonna have to agree to disagree. But I *would* like to clarify a couple of things...
    First, your implications that my metabolism is not "in line with a healthy lifestyle," that I'm not "experienc[ing] weight loss and living healthy," and not "eating at a regular state," are completely unfounded and simply not true. What's "laughable" (to quote you) is that someone on an internet forum would presume to try to desribe a person they don't know at all...your implied description of me, my eating, and my lifestyle couldn't be further off-base!
    Next, I never said that I eat an 800-calorie diet (that was the OP.) I said that last week, I averaged 922 calories...FWIW, I averaged 1143/day for the entire month of October...over 80% being home-raised meat/dairy and fresh fruit and veggies. (I burned an average of 302 calories/day through walking, jogging, and strength training...and lost 8.2 pounds.)
    And "life of the party?" The only party I care about is the one I'm having with my husband, and I can assure you, he is really enjoying the happier, lighter, stronger, more energetic me!
    :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

my go, my go....

Lol

Read this.

Life of the party i bet.

Right...to each his own...we're gonna have to agree to disagree. But I *would* like to clarify a couple of things...
    First, your implications that my metabolism is not "in line with a healthy lifestyle," that I'm not "experienc[ing] weight loss and living healthy," and not "eating at a regular state," are completely unfounded and simply not true. What's "laughable" (to quote you) is that someone on an internet forum would presume to try to desribe a person they don't know at all...your implied description of me, my eating, and my lifestyle couldn't be further off-base!
    Next, I never said that I eat an 800-calorie diet (that was the OP.) I said that last week, I averaged 922 calories...FWIW, I averaged 1143/day for the entire month of October...over 80% being home-raised meat/dairy and fresh fruit and veggies. (I burned an average of 302 calories/day through walking, jogging, and strength training...and lost 8.2 pounds.)
    And "life of the party?" The only party I care about is the one I'm having with my husband, and I can assure you, he is really enjoying the happier, lighter, stronger, more energetic me!
    :)

Enjoy your way of living then!
    I have over 250 peeps that are reporting regular losses at 1600-3k per day.
    some are eating 2k and getting 2lbs per week.
    they also are able to lift pretty heavy.
    Now if you are living with close to no activity then fine.
    Sit around and eat very little food and survive.
    I'm teaching people to eat like a human and move like humans to look and be human.
    I'll go as far as to say that plenty of my peeps would look far better naked standing next to you.
    Thats the trick right?
    Its not so much as feeling healthy but truly being healthy.
    they eat regular meals daily and hit 1600-3k a day.
    They loon great.
    Feel great.
    Can lift heavy weights....

Can you stand up to that at 800 a day?
    I dont think so.
    Put the keyboard away and re-evaluate yourself and ask...am I doing whats right for me?
    I have only found a handful of people with ghastric bypass that can survive off of 800 cals a day.
    Unless you fall in that category then you are mistaken.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Dan, since you're quoting *me,* I assume that you are talking to me and not to the OP...in which case, I was right in thinking that you aren't even really reading my posts before fussing on me...I have said *more than once* that I am NOT NOT NOT on an 800-calorie/day diet. Why is that hard to understand?
  • pamcuster
    Options
    One more thing (yes, I sometimes talk a lot!)...
    If the time comes when I'm starving,
    or my thick, waist-length hair falls out,
    or I can only lay on the couch cause I have no energy...
    if I can't do Jillian's 30DayShred with more vigor than I've ever had (like I'm currently doing at age 42,)
    or walk/run for 60+ minutes 5-6 days/week,
    or do the 1200+ misc. reps that I did last week (in addition to Jillian,)
    or do yoga (oooh, I *love* yoga!...,)
    all while losing 8.2 pounds/month and seeing visible muscle-tone improvement (ask hubby!,)
    not to mention homeschooling my kids, babysitting a little girl, and running my online natural bath & body products business,
    then (and ONLY then) will I re-evaluate and believe that something is amiss!

In the meantime, if it ain't broke...

*just realized this post could have been worded better, but hopefully you get the idea!*
This discussion has been closed.