Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• dcf44
    dcf44 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I kept at it with the 5 lb-ers yesterday thinking I and it was weird - my arms felt better after the workout than they did before. Soreness is almost gone! I guess the 3rd-day is the charm for most of the pain disappearing as some of you say.Those anterior raises always kill me too Osprey Vista - I dread them more than anything and I'm sure that's what did me in.

Btw, I too noticed Nathalie stopping yesterday - lol. I assumed it was all done in one take and she was just finding it too hard - made me feel good about myself! Also noticed sometimes that (Anita?) seems to be working harder - squatting lower, etc.

Well, today is break day (at least from 30DS).
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I kept at it with the 5 lb-ers yesterday thinking I and it was weird - my arms felt better after the workout than they did before. Soreness is almost gone! I guess the 3rd-day is the charm for most of the pain disappearing as some of you say.Those anterior raises always kill me too Osprey Vista - I dread them more than anything and I'm sure that's what did me in.

Btw, I too noticed Nathalie stopping yesterday - lol. I assumed it was all done in one take and she was just finding it too hard - made me feel good about myself! Also noticed sometimes that (Anita?) seems to be working harder - squatting lower, etc.

Huh. You know, your remark about Nathalie reminded me about something. I'm very rarely conceited (I think that's the right word) but yesterday at fred meyers I saw this girl wearing a similar costume to what I'm going to wear for my halloween party (it's late I know) and I thought "wow, I'm going to look so much better in my costume." Then I was like "When the **** did I start being mean" Sheesh. I'm NEVER like that. :(

Maybe encourage Nathalie to do it? She could just be taking a Rest day anyways.

(btw just so you don't take it the wrong way, none of that was to make you feel bad. You just reminded me of what I thought about that girl in the halloween costume yesterday!)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options

Huh. You know, your remark about Nathalie reminded me about something. I'm very rarely conceited (I think that's the right word) but yesterday at fred meyers I saw this girl wearing a similar costume to what I'm going to wear for my halloween party (it's late I know) and I thought "wow, I'm going to look so much better in my costume." Then I was like "When the **** did I start being mean" Sheesh. I'm NEVER like that. :(

Maybe encourage Nathalie to do it?

You mean - like... talking to the TV? :)

Day 13 completed. I am exhausted but I don't feel like I performed very well today. I have so little energy. I haven't slept well for days because my baby keeps waking me up at night. Tomorrow is her 1st birthday and we are going to her grandparents so I'm going to rest. I'm going to take the weights with me though to exercise on saturday and maybe sunday as well.

Maybe I'm feeling like I'm going to die because I tend to follow Natalie more than Anita. Especially during the squat thrusts. This exercise is a killer.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, we were talking about Natalie in Jillian's workout program. The dvd. Not an actual face to face person... we COULD yell at the tv and encourage Natalie to not take breaks... Sorry... couldn't resist! If someone were with me face to face, I'd be making sure they were working harder than those in the screen! :laugh:
  • OspreyVista
    Options

Maybe encourage Nathalie to do it?

You mean - like... talking to the TV? :)

Day 13 completed. I am exhausted but I don't feel like I performed very well today. I have so little energy. I haven't slept well for days because my baby keeps waking me up at night. Tomorrow is her 1st birthday and we are going to her grandparents so I'm going to rest. I'm going to take the weights with me though to exercise on saturday and maybe sunday as well.

Maybe I'm feeling like I'm going to die because I tend to follow Natalie more than Anita. Especially during the squat thrusts. This exercise is a killer.

Wow. NO, nevermind. You may totally disregard what I said. I thought she was talking about someone on her wall.... I don't remember names very well LOL
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Well, we were talking about Natalie in Jillian's workout program. The dvd. Not an actual face to face person... we COULD yell at the tv and encourage Natalie to not take breaks... Sorry... couldn't resist! If someone were with me face to face, I'd be making sure they were working harder than those in the screen! :laugh:

I totally don't remember names. At all. I'm very bad with them. I thought DCf44 was talking about someone on her wall.
  • greatdanebabies
    Options
    okay I did day 1 last night ladies and I thought I might die. Have to admit i had to take some breaks. expecially on the jumping jacks! anyway will try to do better tonight. my knees are kinda sore today. Not sure what that is about.

I had the same problem and after a week my knees were really killing me. I started doing the boxing in place of that for awhile. This week I went back to trying the jumping jacks and have not had as much problems. Hope that helps! Go ladies!!!!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 15, Level 2 is done!! I'm officially half-way through this program!! :happy:

Finding level 2 tougher than level1 but I'm also definitely seeing results! That's what motivates me to keep on moving! Looking forward to this weekend break. Really feel like I deserve it! LOL!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    okay I did day 1 last night ladies and I thought I might die. Have to admit i had to take some breaks. expecially on the jumping jacks! anyway will try to do better tonight. my knees are kinda sore today. Not sure what that is about.

I had the same problem and after a week my knees were really killing me. I started doing the boxing in place of that for awhile. This week I went back to trying the jumping jacks and have not had as much problems. Hope that helps! Go ladies!!!!

I have problems with butt kicks and high knees, my legs can't handle them as I end up with shin splint (always on my left leg to) So I substitute with jump rope. Take it easy on stuff that hurts, or find something to substitute it with. :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 15, Level 2 is done!! I'm officially half-way through this program!! :happy:

Finding level 2 tougher than level1 but I'm also definitely seeing results! That's what motivates me to keep on moving! Looking forward to this weekend break. Really feel like I deserve it! LOL!

That's awesome. I will be halfway through tomorrow morning :) I am finding level 2 much more fun and exciting. However I'm not seeing the results very well yet. :( Hopefully it's just my mind playing tricks on me saying I haven't changed when i have. LOL Of course, I'm still sitting at the same weight on my 9th day, so that's a little discouraging, but I've lost 3 inches in 1 week :)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yea. Tonight is my last night!! I think i will rest Saturday then do the shred shred cardio shred shed cardio rest routine. . I may incorporate the killer buns and thighs just to see how well it works. Or i may wait and do that December.. I've lost 16 inches sop far since October 25, haven't measured since. Good luck y'all
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Yea. Tonight is my last night!! I think i will rest Saturday then do the shred shred cardio shred shed cardio rest routine. . I may incorporate the killer buns and thighs just to see how well it works. Or i may wait and do that December.. I've lost 16 inches sop far since October 25, haven't measured since. Good luck y'all

That's awesome :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Okay. Now level 2 is really starting to get boring. I think I'll up the weights to 5 lb tomorow and only do 8 days of level 2 then move on to level 3. I don't get as many days in, but if I'm bored, I don't put that much effort into it x.x
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Keeping people updated:

I just finished Day 6 of Level 1! I weighed myself and I am down 3.6 lbs already (in just SIX days!!) :love: I am so excited and thrilled! I cannot wait to see what results I get from day 10 and day 5 of level 2!! Go me! Good luck to everyone doing the shred!!!!!!! :drinker: Now, I just need to take my measurements. :tongue:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 14 completed!

I did quite well tonight. Still tend to choose the advanced version rather than the modified one, with the exception of the anterior raises with squats.

Today I took my jeans off without unbuttoning them (I was totally sure they were unbuttoned already). Yay!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 14 completed!

I did quite well tonight. Still tend to choose the advanced version rather than the modified one, with the exception of the anterior raises with squats.

Today I took my jeans off without unbuttoning them (I was totally sure they were unbuttoned already). Yay!

Yay, go you!!! :D Having accomplishments like that make it so much nicer and rewarding :)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok, i did my measurements! This has got to be the craziest *kitten* I've ever seen! I didn't think it was possible, but i guess it is!! Omg!

26 inches gone in 30 days! That's over 2 feet of me gone!! But i didn't lose any weight on the scale, just with the tape measure!!! And i only missed one day of level 2 and the shred was all i did and i didn't change my diet. The weights make the difference! I'm doing it again for November, shred shred taebo shred shred taebo rest! Wonder what that'll do!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Ok, i did my measurements! This has got to be the craziest *kitten* I've ever seen! I didn't think it was possible, but i guess it is!! Omg!

26 inches gone in 30 days! That's over 2 feet of me gone!! But i didn't lose any weight on the scale, just with the tape measure!!! And i only missed one day of level 2 and the shred was all i did and i didn't change my diet. The weights make the difference! I'm doing it again for November, shred shred taebo shred shred taebo rest! Wonder what that'll do!

That's awesome. :) Congrats.
  • Jump4Fitness
    Jump4Fitness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS this morning. I weighed myself and wrote down all my measurements to track my progress. I hope to stay motivated and see some positive results!
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done this morning. My biggest hurdle to sticking with a workout program is boredom. I get bored VERY easily. I can't do the same workout every day so I can see I'm going to have to jump ahead to Level 2 and mix it up a bit. Hopefully it doesn't kill me. Wish me luck!:noway: