Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

anyone on 800 calories diet?

Replies

• Hello sir ,

I see that its obviously worked really well for you And I am really glad for yoh.But again based on whatever I have read so far and from what my trainer tells me , I would prefer a healthy ,satisfying diet coupled with intense or moderate exercise .Again , all our bodies and lifestyles are different so when I said that 800 calories a day is way too low , I am definitely pointing to the majority .
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.

:laugh: Sign me up for that diet :laugh: now grab a bag of Popcorn
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    I still say the OP needs to see a doctor.......

Unless your TDEE minus a sensible percentage is 800 cals (which unless you're 3'4" tall and weigh 70lbs I seriously doubt) .....then 800 cals a day is stupidity!

And I don't care if anyone says - it's worked for me! You too are also, by definition, stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. There I said it and now I feel much better.......
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    I'm on an 800 a day max diet :) I went a bit over today though, ate about 900 xD But I'm letting myself off, it isn't a thing to get down about, especially since I was out with my boyfriend all day!

However, I wouldn't reccommend going lower than 1100-1000. In fact, I would probably reccomend taking one of these other lovely member's advice, and going on a higher cal diet, not even dropping down to 1200! :)

Very low calorie diets do work for some people. I've always had a very small stomach, and I feel incredibly full after my 900 cals today. I find I do everything far better at lower cals, but that really is just me :)

So in short, high cals with lots of exercise is most likely the way for you :)
  • sorry i don't want to die!!!!!!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Probably most of the people on MFP, including myself, have tried most of the diets around and maybe even restricting calories and found that they were miserable, it was unsustainable and when you give up (which you will or become anorexic) then the weight will fire right back on again and some more aswell.

I know that a proper calorie controlled diet and exercise can seem like a long slog but IT WORKS and it has taken some of us years to come to this realisation.

Just do it the good old fashioned way and I promise you will eventually get the results you want and be able to keep them. Good luck :smile:
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    I cannot find this beneficial to anyone in anyway.... unless some doctor is pumping you with nutrients on the side.
    Ultimate fail.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    i dId it for awhile.

I'm tiny - 5ft - and to lose any weight i had to go under.

my TDEE is about a 1000 cals.

however after a few weeks i stopped losing. very frustrating!

i dont believe that it's sustainable.
  • your metabolism will shut down...your body will start to store fat......and your brain will become retarded
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Here we go again. :noway: :yawn:
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.

^^^^^ hahahahaha - this is how it works! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member

That's funny!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Probably most of the people on MFP, including myself, have tried most of the diets around and maybe even restricting calories and found that they were miserable, it was unsustainable and when you give up (which you will or become anorexic) then the weight will fire right back on again and some more aswell.

I know that a proper calorie controlled diet and exercise can seem like a long slog but IT WORKS and it has taken some of us years to come to this realisation.

Just do it the good old fashioned way and I promise you will eventually get the results you want and be able to keep them. Good luck :smile:

I know that everyone is different, but I never feel miserable restricting calories! I feel like I have double the energy, and I get super excited about everything! Plus, it costs less to feed yourself ;)
    It's awesome, I just eat heaps of veggies. Absolutely delicious :)

But again, I'm still recommending 1200+ for the OP :)
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Sounds to me like you are on a diet, try a life style change instead. Your body needs food, best to learn that now. I spent my life on a diet and finally figured out that I had to make a life style change.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I lived decades on about a 1000, It's all you need if you're lean enough. Find your TDEE and use that to calculate a reasonable deficit don't just pick a random number.

My BMR is 950. I eat my TDEE less 20% which is 1056. I eat small meals about 5 times a day and I am fanatical about eating clean. No processed foods. No sodas. Lots of water. It has worked for me.
  • Wow! It gets quite heated on MFP. I'm new here. I usually go between 800 - 1200 and that after I excercised, so it might be more. I try to snack between meals, but sometimes I am just too busy and by the time I look at the watch it is nearly lunchtime.

Going with just 800 might make you tired after a while and grumpy.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    I lived decades on about a 1000, It's all you need if you're lean enough. Find your TDEE and use that to calculate a reasonable deficit don't just pick a random number.

My BMR is 950. I eat my TDEE less 20% which is 1056. I eat small meals about 5 times a day and I am fanatical about eating clean. No processed foods. No sodas. Lots of water. It has worked for me.

BMR of 950 means you are extremely short or have very little lean mass or quite old.
    65 isnt quite old so you must be extremely small.
    Whats your Height and weight?
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    I'm on a 500 calorie diet at the moment.
    You lose a bit... but after a while, the weight loss begins to slow down... :/
    Exercise is a necessity unfortunately.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    For quick weight loss, ive done it. It lasted approximately the first 10lbs, then when i began to exercise, i upped it by 100.

But, i also have a weird system. Eating "healthy" doesnt make me lose even a pound- if i limit by calories and eat what i want in smaller portions, that works for me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member

SRSLY?

girl-and-a-laughing-dog.jpg
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member

Cant wait for the day you eat at maintenance and put the fat back on.
    500 cals and working out is a joke.
    The 4 major biological functions of fat tissue are
    (1) energy storage
    (2) toxin storage
    (3) protection against insulin resistance, and
    (4) protection against estrogen decline in women.
    Eliminate the functions of fat tissue also eliminates the reasons for its existence.

At what point do you think eat 500 daily isnt fostering an environment for fat gains in the future?
    Do you think you can eat that low forever?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
This discussion has been closed.