Your workout ends. You are: STARVING! or lost your appetite

Options
So which is it? It depends for me. Today I worked off about 600 calories (estimate) and then I ate 700 because I felt like I was going to pass out if I didn't eat lol. When I had only worked out for 45 minutes I felt not hungry, but after 90 minutes I needed food asap or I would probably have cried a little. Lmso

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I burnt 600 cals & then didn't eat for another 5 hours. I was starving but cause I was out I could not eat (no shops where I was) so I just put up with it. Now I'm still under my cals for today by about 600 cals so all is good.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Lol. I will probably be under my calories too. I'm not sure if I will eat back all my exercise ones or not, but I need to add more protein for today for sure. That one meal had over 50g though, which is high for me being a vegetarian. Yay lol
  • candirose69
    Options
    I don't get hungry I just crave the wrong food, cheeseburgers and sugar!!! everytime!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Starving! Every time!
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how much I work out, I am STARVING. The good thing is I don't usually crave anything naughty. Mostly, I LOVE to eat a wrap with chicken, apple, cheddar cheese, and a homemade honey mustard sauce, all with a side of fruit. Crisp, refreshing, full of protein, and delicious!
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If I go swimming I am starving, if I do a gym class I lose my appetite. x
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've only had one workout where I was starving afterwards - I was pretty hungry before I started my run and I was ravenous by the time I got home. Every other time - it kills my appetite. I run after work and there are alot of nights that I'm just not hungry for dinner, so I don't eat any.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat enough throughout the day before my workout (I workout after work), I'm usually not hungry right away. If I don't eat enough beforehand, I'm starving right after my workout.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    If I do an hour on the elliptical I lose my appetitie, initially. Don't understand why it tends to change my carby starchy cravings into meaty protein ones, though. Anyone else notice this?
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I pretty much am always starving after I work out , I think it's because I normally do it before I eat to make sure I have earn't my meal.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it depends, sometimes working out staves off hunger for a bit, but usually after i'm done working out i'm really hungry and stuff the closest food item in my mouth.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Usually I get ravenous after I lift weights. If I'm not ready to eat a whole meal I'll have a protein shake to keep my hunger at bay until I can get some real food. I'm usually not hungry after I run. I've been known to run 10 miles on an empty stomach and wait a couple of hours to eat. Sometimes it's different but this is the case the vast majority of the time.

My theory is that I growl and roar and sh1t when I'm lifting weights so my metabolism thinks I'm a tiger so I have to go hunt for food when I'm done.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Never hungry after a workout and have to force myself to eat something :ohwell:
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I always have a greek yogurt right after my workout. I am not really hungry but if I don't then I find I feel like crap - headache, nausea, dizzy about 2 hours later.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I try to eat small meals every 3-4 hours....so usually I have a small snack like a fruit or hard boiled egg right before leaving for the gym. By the time I drive to the gym from work, change, workout and head back toward home I know it will be at least another couple of hours for dinner so I keep snacks in the car and eat on the way home. A lot of times that will be another fruit or sometimes celery and peanut butter for the protein kick.

So I guess the easy answer is it doesn't really depend on the workout, my body is ready to eat when I am done working out because of the timed routine I have it on. I do know that a couple times I have forgotten my post workout snack and was eating everything in sight when I got home (bad idea!).
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Lost my appetite. I do eat when I get home though - usually it's dinner time. But I'm not particularly hungry after a work out at all. Yay!

I went running last night for just over an hour. Wasn't hungry. Went home and dinner was ready. I had a glass of milk, small piece of lasagna, and small piece of garlic bread. The whole dinner was only 438 calories. I burned over 600 during my workout.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I lose my appetite whether it's a formal workout or just a hard day of gardening or yard work, it takes me a couple of hours to care about food after.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat enough throughout the day before my workout (I workout after work), I'm usually not hungry right away. If I don't eat enough beforehand, I'm starving right after my workout.

Same
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I never have an appetite right after a workout. I usually don't feel like eating for about an hour after I'm done working out. At that point I get nice and hungry!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    STARVING.