ripe banana = diet setback?

Options
You know those online ads that say "1 food to never eat" and they show a ripening banana? Why would that be an evil thing? I have a ripe banana in my smoothie every morning. Should I eliminate it? I thought bananas are a good source of potassium.
Any banana experts out there?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It's just a stupid advertisement trying to sell you some bull crap.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Thread-on-Bananas-001.jpg
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    they are a good source of potassium
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    It's just a stupid advertisement trying to sell you some bull crap.

fact.

I would not be able to live without bananas, I eat them before and after every run over about 15k. I don't care what their calories are, lactic acid prevention is key!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thread-on-Bananas-001.jpg

You meant "squats" right?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Find a food you can make people afraid of !
    Step 2 - Advertise how evil said food is, and offer a secret alternative in the form of a powder/cleanse/shake
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style
    Step 4 - Deposit your riches.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    The ad is full of crap.

Bananas are WIN
    add PB and mouthgasm ensues.
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll have what you're having!!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Step 2 - Advertise how evil said food is, and offer a secret alternative in the form of a powder/cleanse/shake
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style

I love you!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    "I aint falling for no banana in my tailpipe!" - Axel Foley
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    It's just a retarded advertisement to try to get you to click on a site which will then launch multiple pop-up windows asking "Are you SURE you want to leave this page? Are you SURE?" YES, I'M SURE. Don't click on it.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I am certainly not a banana hater, and they are a good source of potassium, but there are better options. For example, an average banana has 121 calories and 487 mgs of potassium; where as, two peaches have 118 Calories and 646 mgs of potassium. If you were "eating" you may prefer the single banana, but if you are mixing then the peaches may be a better option.

Just my opinion as a fruit lover :smile:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style

^ This is 100% win.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style

:drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Nah. Go ahead and eat them. I was having oatmeal for breakfast everyday before I ran and then.....I chose to have a banana instead. My run was nice and smooth for the first time! No leg pain, no breathing problems, no excessively high heart rate and I had plenty of energy. Maybe it was a coincidence but I think the potassium and the carbs make a big difference.
    I love bananas and I'll always eat them! Enjoy them.

Edited to add: I've never had one with peanut butter but I LOVE a bit of almond butter spread on a banana. Yesterday I bought some Planters banana granola nut peanut butter that I'm going to try with them too. Last night I put some on a peanut butter cup and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Moderation....sucks!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas most days, But then I have only lost 68lbs so far, so what would I know :bigsmile:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Ripe bananas = banana protein muffins. Yummmmmm.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Step 3 - Gangnam Style

TRUTH!!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Yes. You should eliminate that banana. Usually 4-8 hours after you eat it I believe.
  • milfy47
    milfy47 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for clearing this up...I was dreading the thought of giving up my breakfast banana snack!