going to texas road house today, any advice?

Options
13»

Replies

• ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Their Steak Kabobs are REALLY good and very low cal!!!! I think you get 2, and it's under 200 calories. They serve it over a bed of rice, 1/2 a cup of their rice is about 100 calories, but you could always ask for a different side like salad or veggies.

I did this last Friday. Had the salad with no cheese and low fat Ranch (on the side), the steak kabobs and asked for veggies instead of rice. They brought me the kabobs on rice anyway, but i refrained from eating it. Their rice isn't that good anyway. Have a great meal though!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the delicious biscuits.
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    when i go, i get the salmon cooked with no oil or sauce, and my sides are steamed broccoli and grean beans. and if im feeling feisty, ill get a skewer of the shrimp, also cooked with no oil or butter sauce. I dont eat any of the rolls either.

Look up some of their foods on here to see their nutrition information. you will be shocked on how much junk these meals have in them
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Last time I went I had an 8 oz steak, saved half for a salad the next day, veggies and sweet potato. And I still had enough to order the light/skinny/whatever they call it margarita.
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This is what I do when I go out to eat and know where I'm going. Look up the menu and nutritional information. Go ahead and pick out what you want on the menu. Plug in the calories for your dinner then see if you a) need to do an extra workout today, b) if you need to get a take out box at the beginning of the meal and pack away half of your dinner as soon as it comes, or c) both.

Remember, this is a lifestyle so you can have everything in moderation. Enjoy yourself!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, but anytime I go to a Roadhouse, I try to avoid this guy

http://youtu.be/NDcqzjZTi-c
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like the 6 oz sirloin with baked sweet potato and salad (no croutons) with french dressing. I'll usually eat one roll and have water to drink. This is usually around 800ish calories.