Mike’s Daily Rant 11/02/2012 Topic: Starting Monday

Options

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    you know, you have your own blog you can use...

Thanks for pointing out what he likely already knew but chose this particular venue instead. Don't like it = don't read it. :noway:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Thanks for pointing out what he likely already knew but chose this particular venue instead. Don't like it = don't read it. :noway:

you're not the boss of me.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    A good message. I've done that myself many times, and I always did find an excuse :P

Monday is the toughest day of the week to start anything! Somehow we feel as if we wait until Monday things will all be better.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Great post!

Thanks!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is pretty long so I'm just going to read it on Monday....

That is funny!!

Great post, I think we are ALL guilty of the Monday game, I mean I know I am. Mondays in general SUCK, so it was good to push her to a TODAY mind frame, I mean what is she waiting for, what are we all waiting for. Monday maybe??????
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Man that is some genius advice right there. Procrastination and weight loss do not mix. Period.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Get her on MFP so she can track her calories all day. I'm wishing her luck but I hope she's not just eating healthy in front of you and grabbing a large big mac meal with a diet coke on her way home!

Only time will tell. I always mention MFP to my friends when I discovered it last year. I had been using the app for my phone about 2 months before that. a friend shared that you can get friends and forums and all and Im so glad she shared that with me. I love it! I have been a part of the community since June of this year.
    I will give her a tutorial later today and see if she is interested. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Great post!

I didn't get the impression from your post that you were being pushy with her. Sounds like she's taking some control now - with your words & actions helping her.

Well I did tell her that I was done with her because of her wanting to wait until Monday. That may have come off the wrong way. I am working on how i say what I say to people as I realize that People are not as brash as I am.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    great post! I love what you had to say. It is so very true!

Awesome weightloss!!!

Thank You and Thank You again. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    Your posts are very helpful to me. Thanks.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This reminds me of the other excuse I hear often.. "I could never run, I have bad knees"

Well guess what. I got planar faciatias from over training. I stopped running for a bit, BUT I DIDN'T STOP EXERCISING even though it would have been a reasonable excuse to most people. Instead I started using the exercise bike and the ARC trainer.

Very True. I tell people yeah my knees used to hurt to because I had so much weight pressing down on them. Then it gets quiet but it is clear that the message was received. Good for you pressing on. Thats what life is about.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Love you, Mike. :drinker:

I love you too! :drinker: :drinker:
  • tursiart
    Options
    Heh. Now I feel like a jerk because I just stated in another thread that I plan to start the Insanity DVD workout my husband bought on Monday. Though in my case, I was actually totally serious when I said that, and I may, in fact, start Sunday.
    Right I'm working on a massive deadline so starting it today is out. Actually, I shouldn't even be wasting time posting here. Gotta get back to work.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Thank You for that information.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You rock! I think that's great what you said to her, that may have been the push that she needed :)

Thanks you rock too!!! I think we all need a good push once in a while. I hope that is what she needed and takes full advantage of what i expressed to her over and over.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    :) Enjoyed this

Thank You!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    What I don't get is how you find something EVERY day to rant about. That's just sad.

Dont be sad get glad! Just ignore my post whenever you see them then we will all live happily ever after. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    This is pretty long so I'm just going to read it on Monday....

Perfect Reply!!! LOL I love it.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've said "starting Monday" and never did. In fact I don't even remember what day I started on my path to healthy living,

LOL glad that you dot remember. But I am happy that you started period! :drinker:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Some people need that kick in the *kitten*. Good for you!