Just curious... and maybe a suggestion...

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    mir·ey (mr)
    adj. mir·i·er, mir·i·est
    1. Full of or resembling mire; swampy.
    2. Smeared with mire; muddy.
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    mir·ey (mr)
    adj. mir·i·er, mir·i·est
    1. Full of or resembling mire; swampy.
    2. Smeared with mire; muddy.

LOL....well she likes to run in the mud :tongue:
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Love this! And I agree.
  • amuseboucheUK
    amuseboucheUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im hte bigCB, but it aint because of my waste

lol

You have large turds? Or, did you mean "waist"?

Maybe it's his DICtionary is too big to read?
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    But a maniac could be a good thing! It depends on your perspective.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Mine is BigMech, but that is a reference to my height, which at 6'6" is not little.

I've used that handle since my BBS days as a teenager in the 80's.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I love myself. I think I am awesome.

That said, I am also a jealous loser. Hey, at least I dropped the fat!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. I have learnt, losing weight is more mental than physical. Your mind has to be in the right place for success. I know I had a warped sense of self image. When shopping for clothes I still go to the XL section or look for size 22/24, when I should have been looking for size 12 jeans. Start off on a positive step... don't put yourself down by choosing a negative username.

It is also off putting to other MFP users who may want to befriend you. They see a negative sounding name, and think.. don't need them in my life being negative.
  • CronaPiko
    Options
    hmm yeah i put myself down much more then i should but i've been getting better at being more positive.
    i would never use that in my name, but then again i won't use a real picture of myself...
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    Maybe they plan to use it as a progress marker? Change their name with each milestone.

HeartFailureDave
    ObeseDave
    FatDave
    WobblyDave
    AverageDave
    TonedUpDave
    SkinnyDave
    SkeletonDave

and so on.

Haha If you could change your name more than once this would be awesome! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hrm...

Detroit is chock-full of crime, inept politicians, union thugs and a population who keeps re-empowering those folk to keep the city in ruins. It IS pretty negative.

:(

Truth for this thread: So much easier to be polite to other people; than oneself.

Let's not forget the fact that you live almost 50 miles away from Detroit... Darin :P
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I picked this name and keep it because it is an indication and reminder of where I was when I signed up for MFP just a little over 30 days ago. I truly was a fat guy who weighed over 450 pounds, one day I will be a Fit Guy who weighs who knows what, but until then I use the screen name like some people use an old photo of themselves at their max weight – as a motivator to not go back there again.

I can’t be any more sincere than when I say my MFP name is not an indication of who I am, it is simply a reminder of where I was physically when I started my journey. I actually think pretty highly of myself – maybe too highly!

It seems to bother a lot of people because I have been told numerous times I should change it. I guess the word “Fat” makes others feel badly either about themselves or me. I can't say I understand the how or why of this, but apparently it does.

I have not decided if I should change my name or not - on one hand I like the motivation it gives me every time I log on but on the other hand it obviously bothers some people.
  • mitzi801
    Options
    Maybe they plan to use it as a progress marker? Change their name with each milestone.

HeartFailureDave
    ObeseDave
    FatDave
    WobblyDave
    AverageDave
    TonedUpDave
    SkinnyDave
    SkeletonDave

and so on.

love it!!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I picked this name and keep it because it is an indication and reminder of where I was when I signed up for MFP just a little over 30 days ago. I truly was a fat guy who weighed over 450 pounds, one day I will be a Fit Guy who weighs who knows what, but until then I use the screen name like some people use an old photo of themselves at their max weight – as a motivator to not go back there again.

I can’t be any more sincere than when I say my MFP name is not an indication of who I am, it is simply a reminder of where I was physically when I started my journey. I actually think pretty highly of myself – maybe too highly!

It seems to bother a lot of people because I have been told numerous times I should change it. I guess the word “Fat” makes others feel badly either about themselves or me. I can't say I understand the how or why of this, but apparently it does.

I have not decided if I should change my name or not - on one hand I like the motivation it gives me every time I log on but on the other hand it obviously bothers some people.

THANK YOU for responding!

I see your posts on my wall and you inspire me! And in some way this thread was in response to my aversion to call you by moniker... I see your feed and want to respond, but pull back because I don't feel right in saying Way to go fatguy! (Seems so mean!)

I totally get your motivation, and if you're ok with it - by all means keep it... but maybe you could tell me your real name so I will cheer you by that instead :-D

You are an inspiration to me - it's why I friend requested you.

As for the reference to my name... I poked fun at it earlier... and yes it is a downtrodden meaning... but it's also the street I used to live on, and I love my mud runs.

Thank you to everyone who has posted - both pro and con... and some slack humor (my fav kind) in between!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Im hte bigCB, but it aint because of my waste

lol

Waste, or waist?

You have a small waist, but large waste? Or a large waist, but small waste?

Damn, I am confused now....
  • MireyGal76
    Options

HeartFailureDave
    ObeseDave
    FatDave
    WobblyDave
    AverageDave
    TonedUpDave
    SkinnyDave
    SkeletonDave

and so on.

lol this!
    hahaha I was thinking the same thing.

Mirey, you've done it again. Excellent point, and hopefully it gets people thinking a different way.

Signed,
    AwesomeDudeWhoTotallyRocksInHisProfilePicture

Edit: signature above
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I picked my initials. Because I'm boring. :laugh:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Hrm...

Detroit is chock-full of crime, inept politicians, union thugs and a population who keeps re-empowering those folk to keep the city in ruins. It IS pretty negative.

:(

Truth for this thread: So much easier to be polite to other people; than oneself.

Let's not forget the fact that you live almost 50 miles away from Detroit... Darin :P

True dat. The thugs don't drive out that far. You have to be within the radius of crime to have Detroit in your name. ID revoked. :happy:

Living only 8 miles north of the D and right off 75, I am easy access......
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Shameless bump!