Any Canadians feeling the same?!!

Options

Replies

• pitbullmanus
    pitbullmanus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although I am not Canadian I visit Canada often. I put on 1 lb. for each visit. I think it is the gravy on the french fries.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It is hunting season around here (I am from Manitoba) and I crave meat right now. ALL. THE. TIME.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Oh yah der hey. Gonna hunt me that moose and eat all the innerds der hey so i can ride my new moose coupe home from my lumber jack factory der hey and sleep in my ice rink house because i love hockey der hey. I have to bulk up der hey or my beard is gonna look wierd. der hey.

:huh:

OK, I'm gonna say something in Canadian, so you probably won't know what it means, but other Canadians will....

**Assjack**
    :grumble:
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    For me, it's January. :ohwell:

I;m OK in October...there are birthdays and Halloween to keep me occupied.
    November is my month for Christmas shopping.....busy busy!
    December is Christmas Party Month, Decorating MOnth, and then the big holiday itself.

January is just....boring. Hubs is usually out ice fishing all weekend, so I am alone with the kids, who are also bored. lol. :sad:

Not to mention January is by far the coldest so dragging butt to the gym is HARD!! I tend to be ok with my eating habits (having a stomach bug over halloween really helped cut out the urge to eat all of the junk) and am not overly concerned with that, but I am NOT a fan of that cold that's coming.
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh yah der hey. Gonna hunt me that moose and eat all the innerds der hey so i can ride my new moose coupe home from my lumber jack factory der hey and sleep in my ice rink house because i love hockey der hey. I have to bulk up der hey or my beard is gonna look wierd. der hey.

This, coming from a 23 year old who spelled 'defiantly' instead of definitely not once, but twice, in his profile - does not mean much.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

This, coming from a 23 year old who spelled 'defiantly' instead of definitely not once, but twice, in his profile - does not mean much.

Haha, maybe that's how they speak in Texas...
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i've already mentally prepared myself to gain a few pounds. i'd rather work my *kitten* off in January than to turn down all the yumminess thats just around the corner...nomnom
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,154 Member
    Options
    Maybe that it why I have had the muchies lately. Who knows.
  • Saiava
    Saiava Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitly not just you. For the past couple weeks I've been wanting to eat everything in reach, but, as I'm sure others have said, Novemeber is time to get back on the journey.
  • becki101_4
    becki101_4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow, if you're gonna stereotype at least try to get it right...eh?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Every year I put on weight this year I am determined not to!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE !
    lol I have been cooking and baking up a storm for the last few weeks ...and now with Halloween junk in my house I am like an addict on the verge of an OD :sad:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

idiot
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Right now it's c-c-c-cold in Saskatchewan and I LOVE comfort food. I've only been on MFP since Summer, so I'm curious as to how my winter will go. If it's not +25 I'm cold.
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to lose in the winter than the summer. Id rather dress warm and go walking than to do it in the summer when I could be doing other things. I usually gain come summer .
  • goldfish29
    goldfish29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not Canadian but from Minnesota. All I want to eat is mashed potatoes, heavy soups, pot roast, more mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, even more mashed potatoes etc! This spring I'm getting married though and my dress is mermaid style so I've got to keep myself in check this winter.
  • DavidGough627
    DavidGough627 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Know where you're coming from.
    I am going to curl 2-3 times a week instead of once a week to get more physical activity in.
    I also thought ahead and stocked up my freezer with frozen veggies and a little bit of canning to take advantage of the veggies from my garden (well, friends' gardens) this summer.
    What you're feeling is normal. Just have to plug away and work through it.
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i've already mentally prepared myself to gain a few pounds. i'd rather work my *kitten* off in January than to turn down all the yumminess thats just around the corner...nomnom

I like the way you think :)
  • fitmominheels
    Options
    I'm in the US but I STILL feel you on this! This time of year always takes a toll on people like me who LOVE savory and sweet foods!!! But I got something for it this time...I started a doggone 'NO'vember Challenge with my FB group and I am sticking to it...except for Thanksgiving day...gotta have the mac and cheese and the pie!!! LOL! But seriously, I'm with you!
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just wondering of any of my fellow Canadians are feeling the urge to eat everything in sight and bulk up for winter!!
    Seems everyone is always so afraid of gaining weight around Christmas, but for me, its October....the weather is starting to cool right off, im staying in the house more, gravitating towards the comfort foods...having Thanksgiving and all that yummy food, followed so closely by Halloween and all the treats has my will power shot all to hell! I lost 1lb comming into October and gained 3lbs comming out! Grrrr. Just wondering of any of you are having the same issue and any tips to fight it?!!! lol :P

Okay so it snowed today. My reaction? Eat everything in sight. I think I must be part bear. As soon as I see evidence of old man winter, I start eating like crazy like I have to supply myself with a layer of fat. The only thing is that I don't stop eating and sleep all winter long. I just keep eating, sit on the couch in my warmest clothes watching TV. I don't know how to stop this cycle. I too want to lose weight this winter, not gain......