stuck in the 140lbs, how to lose the last 15-20lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    interesting stuff. want to come back to this
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just to throw my story into the mix and mess with everything else that's been said (since it doesn't match), here's what got me down those last four pounds. I'm 5'4" and 49 years old:

1) Exercise daily. That means every day. Keep in mind that there are SEVEN days in a week.Burn at least 350 calories per workout. Add in an evening walk and that's even better.

2) Consume between 1,200 and 1,300 calories per day around 3 days per week. That means NOT eating back those exercise calories on those days.

3) Don't drink alcohol. Period. Drink more water than you ever thought possible.

4) Someone out there said, "Enjoy yourself!" -- This is key. Be happy -- you're almost there!

This worked for me. If anyone reading this doesn't like it, I just don't care. Flame away. I'm trying to help the OP here, I don't give a flying flip what you think, and I won't be checking back to see what kind of nasty things you have to say.

xxox
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. It is a hard thing to do, but you have to stop caring about the number on the scale.

I was a scale girl. For me, I had to get down to 120 pounds. There was no other option. I did cardio, cardio, and more cardio. I hit a plateau at those last 5-10 pounds. On average, I was eating 1200 calories or less per day.

I finally broke those habits. Now I watch body measurements and body fat %. I now eat 1700 calories on average (which I love and is easier to stick to) and focus on heavy weight lifting (although my weights are not all that heavy YET).

Over the past few months, I have not lost much scale weight (maybe 0.5 pound),but my body fat has decreased by about 2%. I have lost inches everywhere. I look better and have more energy.

You have to decide what is more important to you -- the number on the scale or becoming lean (because they are not always the same)?
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just to throw my story into the mix and mess with everything else that's been said (since it doesn't match), here's what got me down those last four pounds. I'm 5'4" and 49 years old:

1) Exercise daily. That means every day. Keep in mind that there are SEVEN days in a week.Burn at least 350 calories per workout. Add in an evening walk and that's even better.

2) Consume between 1,200 and 1,300 calories per day around 3 days per week. That means NOT eating back those exercise calories on those days.

3) Don't drink alcohol. Period. Drink more water than you ever thought possible.

4) Someone out there said, "Enjoy yourself!" -- This is key. Be happy -- you're almost there!

This worked for me. If anyone reading this doesn't like it, I just don't care. Flame away. I'm trying to help the OP here, I don't give a flying flip what you think, and I won't be checking back to see what kind of nasty things you have to say.

xxox

Agreed
  • midnight333
    Options
    Good tip for my future. Thank you people who posted their input:)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think if you're 15-20 lbs from your goal, 1500 is probably not high enough. Start lifting heavy and eating more, focus on protein and good carbs. And you could stand to work out more than 3x a week, as well.
  • BH_Holl
    BH_Holl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been 114lbs and 144lbs and worn the very same clothes... At 114lbs, I was asked on numerous occasions if I was okay or if I was sick... At 144lbs, I was given many compliments... I am currently 137lbs and 21.3% body fat and I have learned the scale does NOT matter. If you can wear the same size 4 jeans at 114lbs and 144lbs... That should tell you something. Focus on body composition. No one knows what the number on the scale is but you and.... WHO CARES!!!! ;)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My highest was 142 lbs and I am at 128 lbs now. I lost most of my weight through just diet and minimal workouts. I figure I can work on toning once I reach my weight goal. I lose weight quicker when I dont exercise so much anyways.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Trying increasing your calorie intake by 100 more a day and see how that goes, believe it or not you might be pleasantly surprised and start losing again. Every time I increased mine I lost weight so give it a try
    This. Try 100-300 calories added. If you gain a few oz that stay on not just from normal fluctuation, try to subtract 100 (1400 instead of 1500)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    What I am about to suggest may seem strange, but I do think it wil work for you. Stop stressing and move at an enjoyable pace. Do something active that you enjoy. ENJOY is the key word. If you stress about stuff, your cortisol levels will increase and you will not lose weight! Go out dancing, walk to the zoo, or museum, or art gallery. Hike the woods, go to the play ground and swing! Do something fun for yourself and reduce any stress. Do not try to exercise, just enjoy!
    This works too.
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Im hoping for some help! Im eating my calories (1500) and exercising at least 3 times a week of vigorous exercise, BUT i cant seem to get lower than 144lbs and I don't know what to do! Im hoping people that achieved their goal of around 125-130lbs can help me! I also do 100 sit ups every night, what am i doing wrong?? HELP!!

Running helps... Even 10mins running per day is enough =) Other cardio includes hips exercises or stretching (calisthenics) and walking.
  • midge_ovoxo
    midge_ovoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im at 116lbs and want to lose another 18.....i eat around 1300 calories a day and workout most days, if i dont workout i try and get a little walking in, even if its not much.

why is it that why when you eat more calories you;ll lose more weight? i need some tips please someone!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    im at 116lbs and want to lose another 18.....i eat around 1300 calories a day and workout most days, if i dont workout i try and get a little walking in, even if its not much.

why is it that why when you eat more calories you;ll lose more weight? i need some tips please someone!
    Sometimes when you eat less your body saves what you do eat from what I know. I'm too tired to know how to explain 100%, but it is best to eat back your exercise calories when you work out.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    You need to lift HEAVY. As heavy as you can go. You can start with stronglifts 5x5, it is simple to learn. You may not lose weight but your body will shrink, just measure yourself every couple of weeks.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Change up your workout routine. Your body gets used to your workout routine and won't have to work as hard to burn fat and calories. You should change your routine every 3-4 workouts.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3" with an ultimate goal of 125lbs (although I'd be happy in the 125-129lb. range). I'm at 132lbs. right now but was stuck at 134lbs. for a few months eating around 1400-1500 calories/day and working out 5-6 times/ week. For the past two weeks, I've reduced my calories to around 1350 and I've lost 2 lbs.
  • emmashutt91
    Options
    thank you everyone, the responses have been fantastic and so helpful! I've decided i'm going to do my dancing still twice a week but i've also asked my boyfriend to lend me his weights (rather optimistic!) but I think im going to invest in a Yoga DVD and try that to for toning up. I'm still not so sure on what to do about the calorie intake as responses have gone from eat more to eat less. I THINK im going up it by 100, so eat 1600 per day. If it doesn't work then obviously I need to eat less, and I need to stop eating dirty fatty food :( thank you all so much! If people still have ideas to give me keep me posted but the whole size not weight thing has made me so happy and not to worry about the scales! Its all about the body fat % babyyyy!! :):):)