Quick & Easy (and filling!) Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    apple steel cut oats in the crock out. It makes enough for the week. Reheat in the microwave and a hard boiled egg.
  • Quackledorf
    Options
    get one of those off brand bullet blenders (I got one for $20 & LOVE it). Fill it with frozen fruit & kefir, blend, & enjoy! High in protein, & delicious!!!
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I drop toast or an Eng. muffin in the toaster, micro an egg in a bowl, and drop it on the toast with a slice of cheese and sometimes ham.

Toast & PB & yogurt
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    sometimes I boil eggs, eat fiber one bars and also eat a lot of yogurt. My fave is yogurt with about 1/2 cup of Honey Bunches Of Oats cereal on top.....
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a hurry, a fiber bar and yogurt and maybe piece of fruit will hold me. Fiber One cereals or Kashi is good and easy too. When I was out of milk and didn't have time to go to the store right then, I mixed the Kashi (or granola) with some strawberry yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt. Pretty good. Sometimes I slice a banana and mix it with strawberry yogurt too. Or cottage cheese and fruit.
  • spencer7593
    Options
    - plain non fat greek yogurt (chobani, fage, dannon oikos) with 1/4 to 1/2 cup (30g-60g) (thawed) frozen berries (i get a 3lb bag of Kirkland blueberry,raspberry,blackberry from Costco) - i measure the berries the night before, and have them in the fridge to thaw overnight - i like mixing the berry juice with the yogurt

- scrambled eggs (1 large egg, 6 tbsp egg whites (crystal farms all whites 100% egg whites), 1/4 oz (14g) grated lowfat cheese , fresh ground black pepper (no oil, no butter - don't need it cuz eggs and cheese don't stick to my caphalon nonstick)

- sliced white mushrooms sauteed in 1 tbsp butter/olive oil blend (land o lakes 3 ingredients: cream, olive oil, salt)

- black beans with salsa and hot sauce, (i get the canned black beans rinsed and measured the night before, mixed with the salsa and hot sauce, so it's ready to dump into the skillet)

i grind 3tbsp of flaxseed to adde to my 3tbsp steel cut oats in the morning
    (i let the 3tbsp steel cut oats soak overnight in 1 cup of filtered water on the stovetop, ready to be heated in the morning, I also measure out the 3tbsp of flax seed into the grinder, and measure out the spices into the mixing/serving bowl before bed too. (i add 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (be careful not to exceed recommended daily limit for coumarin). 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, -- i bring the oats to a simmer, and then let them cool down, before i add it to the bowl, and stir in the flax and spices

i sometimes add organic raisins to the oatmeal/flax, if i'm not having fresh fruit
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump