Need reward suggestions..

Options

Replies

• TheFairyJester
    Options
    i don't get this whole rewards thing, I mean , isnt little rewards something you give small children?
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been doing rewards! First was a pedicure, then buying a book I wanted. I actually have one for every 5 pounds, most are little but if I reach my goal of 79 pounds lost I'm booking a vacation with my husband! Other ones include a date with my hubby at our favorite restaurant, a haircut, a new pair of runners.
    I find rewards very motivating and they keep me going on rough days when I want to give up.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Bras are important no matter how little time you wear them.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i don't get this whole rewards thing, I mean , isnt little rewards something you give small children?

To each their own right. I personally like that and it helps provide extra motivation to keep you focused, on task and something to look forward too. They give rewards to adults too, not just little kids. They do it at jobs all the time with a bonus, raise etc. Car salesman compete for trips etc.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Funny people talk about a tattoo being their end reward to themselves. My end reward to myself is getting mine removed and undoing the mistake lol
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have seen where some people do money jars for themselves. So you pick the $ amount and when you want to be rewarded. So say you choose a dollar a pound or something like that so every time you lose 1 pound you drop a dollar in the jar. Then at the end you use that money to splurge on a new outfit you wouldn't normally buy, or spa time, etc. This way you are still getting rewarded but it also saves money for something big later.

And if you are anything like me it took me about 2.5 months to lose 20 lbs so if I chose even $5 at each reward stop it wouldn't take much out of the current budget but will add up over time!

As I've not got much to lose, actual pound loss is sporadic so I use a money jar and give mysf a pound for each day I've kept in my calories and a pound each day I do my workout DVD.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I actually have started collecting charms - sterling silver for each 10 lbs lost. My bracelet will be full.. Each one represents something I can now do a NSV so to speak. Flip flop - cause I can wear a bathing suit now.. scale - cause I can get on it without shedding a tear. etc.. It's just something I enjoy. Good Luck..

:-) :-) I have done the same - I got a Pandoro bracelet - and get charms that means something on my weight loss journey - my first on a nr 16 when I got back into size 16 pants ....... love the flip flop - might have to start looking for one :-)
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When I hit under 200 I am getting my nails done. I am 6.3 lbs as of last week and when i wake up today i will weigh in again for this week. I am hoping to hit it in a week.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Funny people talk about a tattoo being their end reward to themselves. My end reward to myself is getting mine removed and undoing the mistake lol

I have a butterfly on my ankle. I was in a unhappy relationship and it signifies to me that i am free from unhappiness
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I actually have started collecting charms - sterling silver for each 10 lbs lost. My bracelet will be full.. Each one represents something I can now do a NSV so to speak. Flip flop - cause I can wear a bathing suit now.. scale - cause I can get on it without shedding a tear. etc.. It's just something I enjoy. Good Luck..

I LOVE this idea!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    How about something active! Look into adventures. Make it a family date!

Geocatching
    A hike to a beautiful area
    Zip lining
    Snow tubing
    A ski lesson
    A class run by your state parks
    Camping
    A game of lazer tag or paintball
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

I LOVE this idea!

Me too. Have been looking at charms. Can anybody recommend a make that are good quality but not about £30 each plus like the pandora etc ones.
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My reward for hitting my half-way-there goal was a Shellac-manicure! I love it - never had nice nails in my life, now they look elegant and well-groomed, and it lasts for about 4 weeks. I think I have become a Shellac-lifer, haha! :)
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What about a subscription to a magazine you have been wanting, or a book you really want to read? It doesn't have to be something really big.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Rewards are important. New clothing (as vain as it may sound) is a great way to remind yourself every day how well you are doing and how much better you are looking. I took up my jeans down the sides as I lost weight until I had to buy new ones. BUT tops and especially lingere were are real motivator! An external and private daily reminder!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    When I hit mini-goals, I treat myself to something related to my hobby - art supplies.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    An inexpensive reward that can make you feel really special for days is flowers. :flowerforyou:
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    $10 per lb lost at the end of the journey
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I LOVE this idea!

Me too. Have been looking at charms. Can anybody recommend a make that are good quality but not about £30 each plus like the pandora etc ones.

This is a great idea! I have 2 charm bracelets, 1 gold and 1 silver, that I created purchasing charms on eBay. You have to be careful that the seller has great feedback and verify the quality of the charms, but that's part of the fun too, hunting down your charms.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Have your husband take some really pretty pictures of you