Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for March

Options

Replies

• Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    RJ Volleyball is the bane of my wii existence so I totally understand how you feel!

Happy Friday all! I plan on at least 30 minutes of free step tonight when I get home from work. I wish there were more time intervals so I wouldn't have to reset it at the end of 30 :grumble: I thinking I'm just cranky after spilling my oatmeal all over the floor this morning.

Thank heavens it's Friday is right Jane!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Here is the update on the competition for my family! :o) I talked to my husband and stepdaughter about what sort of prize would motivate them. They both wanted something different. :o) Of course!! ;O)

So what we decided on was, for our first competition, we will each be working for a different prize. The winner will receive what they wanted. My stepdaughter wanted to get a second piercing in her ears (my husband and I will split the cost of this if she wins), I decided on a pedicure (the two will split the cost), and my husband wants a day with no responsibility. Only one of us can win. :O) For the next one we are all going to decide on a single prize we will be working toward!

I'm pretty excited to get started. Since my husband and stepdaughter haven't really played on the Wii Fit Plus much, I am giving everyone 1 week to practice and get used to the games that we will be playing. :o)

Tara
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan Tara. Everyone shooting for something they want, perfect! It is also going to provide some good old fashioned family fun time which is best of all. :happy:

So I missed my Wii-ing last night , due to a 12 hour work day. STill, since I set my goal to 5 nights a week, instead of 6 like I planned, I can still meet my goal. I am really going to kick it tonight too. No stopping until I burn at least 300 cals. Now where is the little boxing smiley?

Hope everyone's weekend gets off to a great start!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Irismom- I love adult swim!

I am starting to get overwelmed about our impending trip next weekend. (For those new to this group my daughter has to have extensive surgery on her hip and we have to drive 600 miles to the nearest doctor who can do the procedure) I have been eating my exercise calories and I am behind on my exercise minutes to boot.

I hope to get some Wii time in this weekend. Thanks to all for the leads on My Fitness Coach. I will keep checking at the stores mentioned. I had seen it a long time ago but not since the holidays.

Happy Friday!

JAM
  • TwentyTen
    Options

I am starting to get overwelmed about our impending trip next weekend. (For those new to this group my daughter has to have extensive surgery on her hip and we have to drive 600 miles to the nearest doctor who can do the procedure) I have been eating my exercise calories and I am behind on my exercise minutes to boot.

I hope to get some Wii time in this weekend. Thanks to all for the leads on My Fitness Coach. I will keep checking at the stores mentioned. I had seen it a long time ago but not since the holidays.

Happy Friday!

JAM

My thoughts are with you on that upcoming surgery. This week you will both be mentally preparing. That's going to be the focus for awhile. And then the healing. This week, just keep your strength up, and get plenty of rest!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

Happy Friday!

JAM

Jam -
    You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. If I could make a suggestion to you? You might want to consider taking some Airborne for the next couple of days, for a couple of reasons... it gives you a boost of vitamin c and other vitamins that help to make you "feel good" - you'll be at your best physically and emotionally to care for your daughter and hopefully it'll help keep you from picking anything up while hanging out in the hospital. I take Airborne anytime that I know a stressful situation is coming up - because it keeps me from getting so worn down.

Try to work your exercise in - it'll keep the endorphins going and make you calmer.
    Stay strong and again, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    Just ordered the EA Sports Active from Amazon. I spent a few hours researching it by watching video reviews, previews, and checking out the features. I decided it seemed awesome and ordered it. If it's as great as I'm hoping it is, I think I'll get the AE Sports Active More Workouts too. I can't wait for it to come in the mail. The reviews for it made it seem so cool!

I also picked up some 1 pound wrist weights and weighted gloves for while playing games on the Wii. It really seems to be adding to my workout. They aren't heavy to most people, but I have weak arms and wrists from my car wreck 2 years ago. I'm hoping they help improve my arms strength while I exercise. Really need to work on my arms. I'm unable to pick up anything over 10 lbs most of the time. So this is my new challenge for myself on my Wii.
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    I love my wii fit. I love the jogging i unlocked the free run anr un 30 min not all at once I run 10 min .. box.. hula hoop and by the end of an hr work out I have ran 30 min hula hooped 15 and boxed 15. I also have the other workouts biggest loser .. but don't enjoy them as much as the wii fit plus.. I soo look forward to s skinnier MII :)
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into the Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach. I like what you all have been saying about those two. With the Wii Fit, do you have to have the balance board in order to do the workouts?

I'm doing the 30 day challenge and on my rest days I do the custom/preset workouts. Today I got the heart rate monitor I ordered earlier in the week. I used it today for a 30 minute workout. EA Active said I burned around 190 calories but my HRM said 406 which I know is the more accurate one. I was excited about that. Even though the calories burned number is off a bit, I still get a good workout and enjoy following the program.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support about my DD upcoming surgery. I will up my vitamin C and look for the Airborne.

I did a 30 minute Wii Fit Plus workout yesterday. I really like how it is quicker and easier to combine things. Besides the Wii I walked for 24 minutes and did The Big Burn by Leslie Sansone.

The kids are on the Wii right now with friends so I hope to get on later.

Have a nice Sunday all,

JAM

PS: Yes, you need a balance board for the Fit. I really like the board and I do think it makes is easy to do Yoga accurately at home. I also take a Yoga class and the board keeps you honest about your postures.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    JAM, I'm sending out positive thoughts for you and your daughter.

If you can afford, or find (I've heard it's out of stock in most places), I think the balance board is worth the money. It really does enhance the EASA games and the wii fit plus games are a blast to play.

I just saw on another thread someone was using wrist weights to add to their wii routine. I really like that Idea. I'll be picking up some on my next foray to target.
    PS irismoon your ferret is adorable!
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Evening all! Congrats to all of you on your accomplishments! I got on the wii tonight for 30 minutes and did the hula...DAD GOME that thing! It wears me out! Plus did some kung fu and my routine which takes about 19 minutes.

This week is a little calmer around our house so I am hoping to get in more wii time on the free run and step!

Have a great evening!
  • irismoon
    Options
    I picked up some new things today for my wii. Yay!

- 3 inch balance board attachment so it is higher up for the Basic Step on Wii Fit Plus.
    - a 2nd controler so I can have a friend play with me.
    - Wii EA Active kit for the extra band and leg holder so a friend can play with me when I get my EA Sports Active in the mail.

And I just got a new flat screen. So I'm loving the Wii exercise! Never realized just how nice those tv's are until one is sitting in your living room. Wasn't actually able to exercise with my Wii today though. Did walk for 3 hours today from shopping. Once I got home hoping to play the Wii, I feel and hurt my arm. Dang it. :sad: I was so set on playing the Wii today. Guess I'll play tomorrow first thing in the morning.
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I've started pushing myself in my exercise instead of just doing the expert boxing and then the easier bike, step and advanced hula I did the expert hula, advanced step and expert boxing. It felt good pushing myself, but OMG ten minutes of hula is almost killer!! I am so uncoordinated so there are so many games on fit plus that I havent even touched, but I love that my hula circles are starting to get round!!! I've exercised on the Wii every day this month except one (sick day) I havent really lost anything scale wise but I have lost another inch in the middle.
    :smile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I've started pushing myself in my exercise instead of just doing the expert boxing and then the easier bike, step and advanced hula I did the expert hula, advanced step and expert boxing. It felt good pushing myself, but OMG ten minutes of hula is almost killer!! I am so uncoordinated so there are so many games on fit plus that I havent even touched, but I love that my hula circles are starting to get round!!! I've exercised on the Wii every day this month except one (sick day) I havent really lost anything scale wise but I have lost another inch in the middle.

Yes, isn't good to push further on? Good for you! And everyday of the month but one? Wow. I take a day off every week. I still am a bit shy of ten minutes of hula.. lol, but I will get there eventually.That's gotta be a hell of a burn. Lovin the expert boxing though and some days will do it more than once. And congrats on another inch down!

Keep pushing it !

Hope everyone has a good week's start.
  • irismoon
    Options
    Hey I got a question. If you were to count regular Wii games like Wii Sports or Wii Sports Resort as exercise, what would you put it as in your exercise diary? I was thinking of counting my regular wii game time as exercise, but couldn't decide what to list it as. I was thinking of putting it under "Mild Streching" since it isn't going to burn too many calories and doesn't have too much movement, but it is still beats sitting on the sofa instead.

Anyone got some ideas about what to place it as?
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options

Yes, isn't good to push further on? Good for you! And everyday of the month but one? Wow. I take a day off every week. I still am a bit shy of ten minutes of hula.. lol, but I will get there eventually.That's gotta be a hell of a burn. Lovin the expert boxing though and some days will do it more than once. And congrats on another inch down!

Keep pushing it !

Hope everyone has a good week's start.

Me too on the hula deal!!!! I do the 6 minute and it kicks my behind!!!! And I do like the expert boxing as well. I just wish you didn't have to wait so long for the examples and such. I wish it would just let you box sometimes!!!! ;)
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    We're starting our family competition in 1 week... I am giving my husband and stepdaughter 1 week to practice on the games so that I don't have a huge advantage! :o)

I am soooo excited to start!
  • Jenna1972
    Jenna1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sonja, I absolutely agree it's reat family exercise! DD and I spent 3 days a week, for 3 hours on dance Dance 3 for wii. We are sweating like crazy when we are done, and it is a blast to do together. The only days we don't do it is when I go to the gym...that would just be too much for my feet.

The best part about DDR is you can dance friendship style. Our steps are counted together...so we aren't competing against each other. It's funny how she can anticipate if I can't make a step, and vice versa. It's teaching us to really work together...a hard act to follow with an 11 year old! And the dances on difficult. level..it's like riverdance in my living room. Not exactly the smoothness we'd like to have, but we hit the steps and burn fat!
  • irismoon
    Options
    My EA Sports Active came in today. Coolest thing I've ever bought for exercise! I'm loving it!