MFP Drama that makes me lol....

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1) The "don't request me as a friend without a message" people.

I like knowing if you just randomly saw my name and decided to add me to boost up your friends list number. There are many "friends collector" on MFP. I like to keep my friends number o a small number so I can reply to most of them on their status and diary entries and motivate them and expect them to do the same. Also, adding a message gives me an idea if we have something in common. Why would I add you and then later on delete you? I don't like deleting people and would much rather avoid it if I can. Think of it as a screening process to eliminate creepers and "special" people

2) The "I only accept friends who have an open journal people".

Once again, people like having like minded friends who at least have some info into who they're friends with. Some people eat only 1200 calories. Whether its right or wrong, it is what they choose to do to lose weight and so they want other people who eat little. Some people eat 2,000 calories. Some lift, some run. We like to be surrounded by like minded people to make a small group so we can communicate and understand each other, ask for advice etc.

Why do somebody need a screening process like these? Well, I am a guy who don't often post on the forums and on a typical week get about 10 Friend Requests. If I didn't screen, I would endup having 1,000 friends by now. So I prefer to screen them out and add only people I know I can be long term friends with. I don't want to invest time getting to know somebody only to delete them later on
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I agree many people have written strict rules of sending them FR as if they are some celebrity!!
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i just updated my profile thanks to this thread lols

Did you miss out "Must have references from all 4 grandparents and a character reference from a state governor" ???

If you can buy your own pizza we could be friends!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with all of these!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone, I don't care what you eat or don't eat...I don't care if you send me a message with your request or not...the more people, the bigger the party :smile:
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish-no terms and conditions here, but i've to warn you I'm Irish and not all food i eat you will know and vice versa! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    i'm unsure what a creeper is exactly

tumblr_mcoll767V61r53659o1_500.gif
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Sadly I was going to friend request you, but I don't have 43 pictures posted. :tongue:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Did you miss out "Must have references from all 4 grandparents and a character reference from a state governor" ???

dang it, i forgot about references!!!
  • vice350z
    Options

Sadly I was going to friend request you, but I don't have 43 pictures posted. :tongue:

well there's wiggle room...anywhere from 0 - 43 pictures is fine.
  • mara6191
    mara6191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "i just updated my profile thanks to this thread lols'

^^ ROFLMAO ~ another great way to exercise. does the second form of id need to be gov't issued??
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

^^ ROFLMAO ~ another great way to exercise. does the second form of id need to be gov't issued??

Absolutely. Also need a copy of your credit report from all 3 reporting agencies, and proof of U.S. citizenship.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    7wDvV-1.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options

Well you only listed 6 out of your 10 rules, so you can go back and add references.

• Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    BUT I WANT YOU TO TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO HEAR WHEN I START A THREAD...HELPFUL ADVICE IS RUDE!!!!!!!!
  • vice350z
    Options

it does or doesn't have to be...but for the most part maybe or not really.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just don't add anyone. I fear people.
  • vice350z
    Options

Well you only listed 6 out of your 10 rules, so you can go back and add references.

lol..i will have to now add.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    so true......... PLUS all those ppl eating 2000 cal a day making fun or feeling pity for those that dont, LOL, just gtfo
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I want messages with my friend requests because I really like hearing how awesome I am. I'm not too modest to ask for it.
This discussion has been closed.