BodyMedia/BodyBugg users: Does it help?

Options
I just bought a BodyMedia on Amazon and before I panic and cancel my order (expensive! lol), I want to ask if it helped anyone increase their weight loss. Thank you for any info :]

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    :]
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i love my body bugg. i bought it about 3 years ago when i had already lost 60 pounds but needed to lose the last 40. it was just what i needed. i set my goals on it and i push myself to fullfill those goals every day. i am a very goal oriented person. i lost the last 40 pounds . i have recently gained back 6 pounds so i again am wearing my body bugg. i refuse to stop working out , walking, what ever burns calories, until i know i am going to hit my daily goal. i set my goal at 2500 to 3000 calories a day and try to keep my calorie intake to about 1300 calories.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    i love my body bugg. i bought it about 3 years ago when i had already lost 60 pounds but needed to lose the last 40. it was just what i needed. i set my goals on it and i push myself to fullfill those goals every day. i am a very goal oriented person. i lost the last 40 pounds . i have recently gained back 6 pounds so i again am wearing my body bugg. i refuse to stop working out , walking, what ever burns calories, until i know i am going to hit my daily goal. i set my goal at 2500 to 3000 calories a day and try to keep my calorie intake to about 1300 calories.
    So your deficit is over 1000?! Way to lose weight quick lol So you find it is accurate at telling you about how much you burn and eat? You seem to lose weight accordingly? That is what scares me, if it is accurate or if its not. Thank you so much for the reply!
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I love mine when it works but the pita keeps on freezing and not synching.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I love mine when it works but the pita keeps on freezing and not synching.
    pita? Lol Oy well I guess as long as it didnt do that from day 1 I'm okay lol
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have had the BodyMedia Fit Link for 2 weeks now, and I am LOVING it so far. I have it set up to have 1000 calorie deficit per day, the first week I was down 3.5lbs, and the second week 1.5, so ... so far so good. It really helps me to know how many calories I am burning over the course of a day, and it is very motivating to get me moving when I see I have not met my calorie burn or step goal for the day. I am so excited to see this trend continue.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I have had the BodyMedia Fit Link for 2 weeks now, and I am LOVING it so far. I have it set up to have 1000 calorie deficit per day, the first week I was down 3.5lbs, and the second week 1.5, so ... so far so good. It really helps me to know how many calories I am burning over the course of a day, and it is very motivating to get me moving when I see I have not met my calorie burn or step goal for the day. I am so excited to see this trend continue.
    I picked the LINK one too to set it up to our cell (my husband and I share one). Wow that is a high deficit! Sounds like it is working for you though. May I ask what it calculates your calories per day as usually? I'm just curious how much people burn on a normal day. Thank you for commenting :]
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I picked the LINK one too to set it up to our cell (my husband and I share one). Wow that is a high deficit! Sounds like it is working for you though. May I ask what it calculates your calories per day as usually? I'm just curious how much people burn on a normal day. Thank you for commenting :]

Yeah, it is kind of a high deficit, but I have quite a bit to lose (40lbs), as I get closer to my goal, I am sure I will have to adjust to a lower deficit. On days where I am inactive I usually burn approx. 2000 calories, but I don't like to go below 1200 calories - so I usually try to get my calories burned to 2400, so that I eat 1400 calories and still have a 1000 calorie deficit. some days I am a little short, some days over, but it all averages out at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
  • Verity1111
    Options

Yeah, it is kind of a high deficit, but I have quite a bit to lose (40lbs), as I get closer to my goal, I am sure I will have to adjust to a lower deficit. On days where I am inactive I usually burn approx. 2000 calories, but I don't like to go below 1200 calories - so I usually try to get my calories burned to 2400, so that I eat 1400 calories and still have a 1000 calorie deficit. some days I am a little short, some days over, but it all averages out at the end of the week. Hope this helps!
    Same here! I have 40 (left) to lose. I lost 20 so far. My goal is 127 and I'm 5'4". I wasnt sure if I wanted 125 or 130, which is why such a weird number. :] 2000 is a lot! Ill be shocked if I burn that much. Im pretty sure it is a lot less. We'll see :] Im so excited! I will be happy with a 500 calorie deficit so I hope I burn enough that way thank you for the help, I appreciate it!
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love the Body Media Link. I am a bigger guy with some pretty big goals. I try to achieve a 2000-2500 calorie deficit per day, so need to do close to a 4000 calorie burn each day and eat about 1500 calories. I eat 6 small meals a day, but have the room to go over if there is a special occasion. I lost 22 pounds in October and still have a very long way to go.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • farris2
    Options
    BB tells me that in order to lose 2 pounds a week I have to eat 1200 and burn 2200 a day. On here I heard that we are supposed to eat back the calories we burn by exercising...I'm a bit confused.
  • MinisterTom
    Options
    You can eat back the calories you burn by exercising. You don't have to, (though some may argue with me) I never eat back the calories gained from exercise so that my weekly total calorie deficits are much higher.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia. It hasn't exactly increased my loss, because I wanna lose slowly now. BUT it took all the guess work & stress away. You might even find out you can more than you have been. I love it.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I love the Body Media Link. I am a bigger guy with some pretty big goals. I try to achieve a 2000-2500 calorie deficit per day, so need to do close to a 4000 calorie burn each day and eat about 1500 calories. I eat 6 small meals a day, but have the room to go over if there is a special occasion. I lost 22 pounds in October and still have a very long way to go.
    I need to charge it for 3 hrs :[ wah lol WOW You must work you a&& off, literally! lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    BB tells me that in order to lose 2 pounds a week I have to eat 1200 and burn 2200 a day. On here I heard that we are supposed to eat back the calories we burn by exercising...I'm a bit confused.
    You don't really have to, but it is recommended. It is up to you and depends on your activity level and the type of activities, strength training or cardio, etc
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

As long as you dont eat over ur TDEE u will be fine. I recommend eating about 20% of ur TDEE & make sure to eat enough protein. If you dont eat enough, especially not enough protein, you risk losing muscle mass. You don't want that. Trust me.
  • gks1970
    Options
    Don't panic and don't cancel your order! I bought a BodyMedia about 10 months ago, and I LOVE IT. Actual calories burned readings from my body are so much easier to deal with than guessing and estimating based on any activity calculator. Being able to see what I do and adjust my activity accordingly is invaluable to me in acheiving my weight loss.
  • MinisterTom
    Options
    Yeah, it is rough. But I have tried all the fad diets, South Beach, Atkins, and many many more. They all led to the same result. I weigh more than I ever have. I would lost 50 pounds and gain 75 as soon as I got off the diet. Going for the calorie deficit plan now. I am pretty active, but the BodyMedia challenges me to increase my levels. I eat often, just smaller portions, and good foods now instead of bacon for breakfast lunch and dinner, but I have to do some activity everyday to hit my calorie burn target. BodyMedia said I needed to burn 3300, so I made it 4000 figuring the extra 700 wouldn't be too hard. Well, it is, and I normally get between 3850 and 4000, but I have to do a lot of walking and biking.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I have a bodymedia. It hasn't exactly increased my loss, because I wanna lose slowly now. BUT it took all the guess work & stress away. You might even find out you can more than you have been. I love it.
    I presume you means "eat more than you have been" yum yum I look food lol I am so anxious :/ I wish it would charge quick now!