Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS this morning. I weighed myself and wrote down all my measurements to track my progress. I hope to stay motivated and see some positive results!

I did that, and also i took measurements after every level.. It helped to see the work in progress!
    Good luck
  • susiemou
    susiemou Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm up to Level 1 day 4 today!

My calves were killing me the last few days and I researched and seen it was maybe because I hadn't been wearing any shoes. I bought some good 'shock absorbing' shoes yesterday and it's made all the difference to my calves today :)
    . My calves are killing me too! Is it from not wearing shoes?
  • susiemou
    susiemou Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I posted about this a few months ago, when i first tried it, i thought "i can just to this in my pj's and bare feet right?"
    wrong! make sure you are properly dressed for a workout, including supportive footwear. You'll thank me when you get to level 2 and 3!
    Good luck everyone!
    I'm up to Level 1 day 4 today!

My calves were killing me the last few days and I researched and seen it was maybe because I hadn't been wearing any shoes. I bought some good 'shock absorbing' shoes yesterday and it's made all the difference to my calves today :)
    . My calves are killing me too! Is it from not wearing shoes?
    [/quote]
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back. I took a 13 day break while my mom was in CCU at the hospital, but she is on the mend now, so I finished day 5/level 1 this morning.

I was able to do 7 modified pushups the first time and 5 the second time. I am improving. I did not stop during the jumping jacks. small victories, indeed.

I may need to trade in my soup cans for some actual small handweights. :-)
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 16, level 2 done. I admit that I didn't push myself today so it wasn't my best workout. I have a ton of excuses like I got up an hour too early (stupid time change!), my head was hurting when I woke up and etc.... I skipped out on the anterior raises after the ab workout because a case of vertigo decided to literally knock me off balance! Had to regain my composure so I took a little break and counted the anterior raises. She does 22 the first set and then 28 the next!

On the good note, my head no longer hurts due to increased circulation and I think that workout was the thing to wake me up all the way! Until nap time later.... LOL
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    I'm finally back. I took a 13 day break while my mom was in CCU at the hospital, but she is on the mend now, so I finished day 5/level 1 this morning.

I was able to do 7 modified pushups the first time and 5 the second time. I am improving. I did not stop during the jumping jacks. small victories, indeed.

So sorry to hear about your mom! Glad that she's getting better. :)

Very happy that you joined back in!! Small victories are still victories! Great job!!
  • lindseyrh
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 2 (12 days total). Took a break over a long weekend trip to Orlando! Truthfully, not my best workout this morning! I felt so sick the entire time, I could barely finish! I think what I really need today is a nice, long yoga session to loosen up my hips, then tons of water and back at it again tomorrow!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    just a note! as someone who's finished the program and onto the 13th day of level 3...expect amazing abs.

when i hit day 10 on level 3 i wanted to keep going because i was so pleased with my flat stomach. it has only become BETTER and more flat and tighter and i love it!!!

keep at it everyone! it pays off! (and i did not do it consistently. at all. 3x a week of 30ds usually)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Day 15 completed! 50% done!!! Woohoo! I'm rewarding myself with some cottage cheese with olives, tomato and cucumber for dinner, lol.

It might be time to order Ripped in 30... what are you planning to do next? I want to stick to short and sweet workouts for now.
    Yoga meltdown looks interesting too, (I used to do yoga and loved it) but I like the idea of sticking to a plan for 30 days.

EllaNoise, so sorry about your mom! Glad to have you back!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    just a note! as someone who's finished the program and onto the 13th day of level 3...expect amazing abs.

when i hit day 10 on level 3 i wanted to keep going because i was so pleased with my flat stomach. it has only become BETTER and more flat and tighter and i love it!!!

keep at it everyone! it pays off! (and i did not do it consistently. at all. 3x a week of 30ds usually)

That's fantastic!! I'm definitely seeing results in my abs and they were my worst spot. Things are slimming down and slowly firming up! Encouragement like your post is just what I needed to keep on going for tomorrow with a kick *kitten* attitude!! Jillian.... YOU are going DOWN! bwahahahahaaaa!!! :laugh:
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 done this morning. My biggest hurdle to sticking with a workout program is boredom. I get bored VERY easily. I can't do the same workout every day so I can see I'm going to have to jump ahead to Level 2 and mix it up a bit. Hopefully it doesn't kill me. Wish me luck!:noway:

I have the same issue. I'm only doing 8 days of each level, after 4 days I switch it up to heavier weights and do the harder exercises. Seems to help :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options

\

I'm glad to hear your mom is on the mend :) Even a little bit of a improvement is encouraging! :D
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 16, level 2 done. I admit that I didn't push myself today so it wasn't my best workout. I have a ton of excuses like I got up an hour too early (stupid time change!), my head was hurting when I woke up and etc.... I skipped out on the anterior raises after the ab workout because a case of vertigo decided to literally knock me off balance! Had to regain my composure so I took a little break and counted the anterior raises. She does 22 the first set and then 28 the next!

On the good note, my head no longer hurts due to increased circulation and I think that workout was the thing to wake me up all the way! Until nap time later.... LOL

Working out has actually kept me motivated to do things around the house, and I'm finding I no longer feel like napping at 1 every day! :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of level 2 (12 days total). Took a break over a long weekend trip to Orlando! Truthfully, not my best workout this morning! I felt so sick the entire time, I could barely finish! I think what I really need today is a nice, long yoga session to loosen up my hips, then tons of water and back at it again tomorrow!

I love yoga sessions :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 15 completed! 50% done!!! Woohoo! I'm rewarding myself with some cottage cheese with olives, tomato and cucumber for dinner, lol.

It might be time to order Ripped in 30... what are you planning to do next? I want to stick to short and sweet workouts for now.
    Yoga meltdown looks interesting too, (I used to do yoga and loved it) but I like the idea of sticking to a plan for 30 days.

EllaNoise, so sorry about your mom! Glad to have you back!

I am going to do Ripped in 30 next. :) I'm looking forward to it. I picked up yoga meltdown and I do it on my "rest days" It's intense, don't think you won't break a sweat, cuz you will. LOL
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just did day 2 of level one (2nd run through it) followed by a killer 30 minutes of killer buns and thighs! They named it right! Omg! Instant death!
  • squishypillow
    Options
    when do you start to see results? im on day 7 level 1 and havnt seen any differences what so ever :/
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 6/Level 1 - 8 pushups and 6 pushups. If I can just add one more a day, I will be happy. :)

As far as results, My pants are getting baggier. I did not take any measurements, but I did take before pics. After the 30 days, I will take after pics.

As far as my plan, I plan to do the 30 days (currently doing the modified version) and then do it again (the more intense version). I'd like to stick to some DVDs until spring and then start up the C25K.
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 17, Level 2 outta here! I'm tempted to do level 3 already but I'm also exercising discipline, so I must finish this level before going on to level 3. I'm sure Monday will be here soon enough. Then I can start it. :wink: Much better workout than yesterday! Put more effort into it, for sure!
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Just did day 2 of level one (2nd run through it) followed by a killer 30 minutes of killer buns and thighs! They named it right! Omg! Instant death!

Oh, but you'll have a killer *kitten* with it :)