Females ages 26-30ish: What would you like a christmas gift?

Options

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Gift certificate for mani/pedi/massage? Most gals like a little pamering.
    What a sweet brother. :heart:

Probably the best answer! I'm asking for a new toilet. I would love to get something pampering, but then I'd just want more and know that wont happen... so I just want things I need and that will make life easier.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    What I want for Christmas is a new bed.

BUT your sister probably already has that.

Have you considered asking her what she'd like?

If not I'd suggest a gift card and/or MONEY! :P
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For me, a nice bathrobe is always a welcome gift. Emphasis on nice, no cheap terry cloth :) Useful and luxurious
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My brother and I are the same way. Last year he gave me a diamond tennis braclet which is gorgeous. Since she is a teacher and is probably low key with jewlery, you may want to to consider a pearls or opals. The mani/pedi is great and I am sure she would love it but it seems a bit impersonal Now, an entire spa day would be a different story. Good luck.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I don't have a brother OR a sister! :sad:

I will never say no to a massage/spa day.

Or anything Corgi related.

Or anything Dallas Cowboys related.

Or cupcakes.

I really want some new Victoria's Secret yoga pants this year. And some tail lights for my car. That's about it..
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I cheat - I ask other family members for ideas. For example, I asked my mom what to get for my brother, and she went off about how he needs a men's hygiene bag, because the last time he went to a convention, he just put his stuff in a gallon ziplock bag! So I got him a boring men's hygiene bag - then spiced it up with a Chocobo washcloth! :D
  • Maybe a puppy that 's if she like dogs or some smell goods like Victoria Secret or Bath and Body works you can never go wrong there! maybe some earrings
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    A certificate to the spa =)
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tickets to something she loves - museum, concert, ballet, etc...
    A weekend/night class - cooking, pottery, interpretive dance, etc
    A magazine subscription
    An ipod (if she lives under a rock and doesnt have one) with all her (or your) favourite music downloaded on it
    Go to an artisan craft show and get her something beautiful for her home (wood/glass/stone art, a painting, or kitchen utensels), or a unique clothing item.
    If she goes to the gym, paying for her membership for a few months, or some training/boxing sessions
    If she likes rollercoasters, and you have a park near you, a day out there.
    A Hickory Farm gift basket

I like random gifts that one can't purchase at the mall... well, besides the Hickory Farm gift basket.
  • Doesntplaynice82
    Doesntplaynice82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got me a groupon for a 60 minute facial and 60 minute massage and only paid about $80....best gift ever!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Mary Kay Satin Hands - haven't met a girl yet that didn't love it!!!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Colin O'Donoghue.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like the spa ideas...gift card are the gifts that keep on giving. Or a nice necklace or earrings that she can wear everyday. We all love jewelry. :smile:
  • alythe
    alythe Posts: 22
    Options
    Enough can't be said for a gift card or cash, but if you go that route, a nice card with an honest and heartfelt message on the inside makes it a little more personal. My younger brother does this when he's stumped for ideas.

You could also draw on your childhood for ideas. Maybe a copy of her favorite book when you guys were little, a dvd of a movie you used to watch...nostalgic, emotional stuff is always a nice surprise if you think she'd be into that kind of thing.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Gift cards are great, so is money. What does she like? Bath and body works gift card? Jewelry? What are her hobbies? Things to consider.:smile:
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If she is the type that buys everything she wants then I say go sentimental. My brother gave me the DVD Never Ending Story one year and I almost cried! I loved it when I was maybe 5 years old and twenty years later he remembered. It probably cost him $5 on amazon but I love it more than anything! I would love for a boxed set of Little House on th Prairie books or something like that.

Good Luck!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    how about something you can do together... like a gift certificate to paintball, and you go with her. or something like that. my original thought was a bicycle, and if you have one or get one, it is something you can both motivate each other to do. what about a heart rate monitor? or tickets to a sporting event you both would enjoy? a nice watch?
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Gift certificate for mani/pedi/massage? Most gals like a little pamering.
    What a sweet brother. :heart:

This is your winner man - trust me! It's what we all want!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Spa gift certificate
    Department store gift card
    Digital camera
    if she owns an iPhone-itunes gift card

Give her a stuffing of all her MOST FAVORITE things.....
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am all about Victoria's secret lotion. They have this vanilla lace scent that is just so good you almost want to eat it!!

Kida creepy, it's for his sister... :noway:

Cash is King my brotha.. lol
    No really if u don't wanna do cash or gift certificate, u have to pay attention to wha she likes..

ie: Fitness girls always need new good running shoes. You can take her somewhere she can get custom fitted! Or on Nike you can make some custome ordered picking her fav colors!

Music or movies girl: Ipod, apple downloads, Dvds of her fav movies

Fashion: Some rockin jeans like True religion or a Michael Kors purse, some red bottoms *swoon* something trendy yah know :glasses:

Good luck.. I'm very close w my bro and he always does a great job of picking things out for me.. BUT he likes to do it when I'm w him so he can flirt w the sales girll.. awwe how sweet:wink: