53 Rold Gold Pretzel Sticks 100 calories 2g protein 0g fat 23g carbs
    3 hard-boiled egg whites 51 calories 12g protein 0g fat 0g carbs
    Total: 151 calories 14g protein 23g carbs
    Daily Total: 1447 calories 165g protein 29g fat 158g carbs
    42% protein 17% fat 41% carbs
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    anyone can u plz help me with a nutrtious 1500 calorie diet .... just want to know how it loks like ... really confused with the food type and the quantity.... just give a sample menu for a 1500 calorie diet .. a healthy one..

That is around what I eat. A little lower when I'm working off my vacation and social eating days. Feel free to look at my diet, it's open. I don't plan, I just eat what I feel like within a calorie budget and try to keep it some what balanced and healthy. I can't imagine that it would help but my friends keep telling me it helps them. :) Good luck to you! -Bobbie
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thought of resetting my metabolism by increasinc my calorie to TDEEi.e. 2045.... but my nutitionist adviced me to keep my calorie intake to 1300(which i have been doing for past 2 months) and include metabolism boosting food like green tea, mustard seeds etc...... will tht help? wht do u guys suggest!!!!!!!

That won't help your metabolism much, if at all, but do as you wish. Best of luck.
    sp u suggest me to up my calorie intake to TDEE?
  • jmzz1
    Options
    thought of resetting my metabolism by increasinc my calorie to TDEEi.e. 2045.... but my nutitionist adviced me to keep my calorie intake to 1300(which i have been doing for past 2 months) and include metabolism boosting food like green tea, mustard seeds etc...... will tht help? wht do u guys suggest!!!!!!!

Whoa! My nutrionist told me to eat at TDEE in order to reset my body. Green tea and all that jazz is just an added bonus. After months of eating 2000+ every single day, if I eat anything less I end up losing weight.

My stats:

Height: 5'
    Weight: 102

Currently eating almost 3,000 a day and having trouble putting on weight. I suggest you give this whole eating at TDEE thing a try.
    how long did u eat ur TDEE ? was ur weight on plateau.?....... how did u come to know when to stop eating ur TDEE na reduce it to 5-10%?
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble losing weight even with exercise so went to a nutritionist. I am eating about 1200 per day
    and now losing about 5 lbs a month. Feel free to look at my food report and you could add a few hundred calories
    to that. It is very easy to follow and I don't get hungry.
    This is basically what it is:
    Breakfast: Smoothy with 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup berries, 1 T flax seed, 1 cup unsweeted almond milk
    and ice.
    Lunch: 2 veggies, 1 healthy fat, 1 carb, 1-2 protein servings. (I just make a salad, slice part of an avocado for
    healthy fat, have a small sweet potato for the carb, lettuce, tomatoes celery for veggies and an egg and salmon
    for the protein.
    Dinner: 1 protein serving, two veggies
    Snack: 1 sugar free fudgesickle (This is only 40 calories or 80 if I have two)
    This comes out to 1100 to 1200. You could add a little more bread or a potato to dinner and would get close or
    something for a snack and would easily get to 1500.
    I hope this helps. It has been working for me. I have lost about 13 pounds since I started in August.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I was having trouble losing weight even with exercise so went to a nutritionist. I am eating about 1200 per day
    and now losing about 5 lbs a month. Feel free to look at my food report and you could add a few hundred calories
    to that. It is very easy to follow and I don't get hungry.
    This is basically what it is:
    Breakfast: Smoothy with 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup berries, 1 T flax seed, 1 cup unsweeted almond milk
    and ice.
    Lunch: 2 veggies, 1 healthy fat, 1 carb, 1-2 protein servings. (I just make a salad, slice part of an avocado for
    healthy fat, have a small sweet potato for the carb, lettuce, tomatoes celery for veggies and an egg and salmon
    for the protein.
    Dinner: 1 protein serving, two veggies
    Snack: 1 sugar free fudgesickle (This is only 40 calories or 80 if I have two)
    This comes out to 1100 to 1200. You could add a little more bread or a potato to dinner and would get close or
    something for a snack and would easily get to 1500.
    I hope this helps. It has been working for me. I have lost about 13 pounds since I started in August.
    ur diary is closed
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just switched to my maintenance cals which is 1530, feel free to add me !
  • ReverseEngineered
    Options
    I'm at about 1600 cals, give or take. I try to do 5 meals, approximately 300 cals each equally spaced throughout the day to avoid highs and lows. Here's a typical day:

Breakfast (8:30AM):
    1 egg, slice of ham, slice of cheddar, on an english muffin (just as healthy whether you make it yourself or get it at Tim Horton's): 300-350 cal
    Coffee with sucralose and whitener: 15 cal
    A multivitamin, because you'll be leaving out vitamins and minerals with those calories

Lunch (11:30AM):
    Sandwich with 2 slices low-fat, multigrain bread; lettuce; 2 slices tomato; maybe a pickle; 50g of ham/turkey/chicken/whatever I feel like; mustard or low-calorie mayonnaise; a handful of baby carrots with 2 tbsp of hummus: 300-375 cal

Snack (3:00PM):
    2x 100mL cups low-fat yogurt: 140 cal
    Maybe a granola bar too if I'm particularly hungry: 140 cal
    Sometimes I try to stretch this out so I can have a larger supper.

Supper (6:00PM):
    Frozen dinner. I usually aim for 300g at 300 cal, but you can go more here if you don't mind smaller snacks afternoon and night.

Late snack (9:00PM):
    Maybe another frozen dinner. Yogurt, granola bar, and/or popcorn work well here too. This is where I tend to have something sweet. If you pick the right kind, you can have half of a small blizzard for ~240 cal and freeze the other half for the next day. Sometimes I'll just combine this with supper, but then I find I'm hungry around 11PM.

Whatever you eat, drink lots of water. Even a small meal like a 300g frozen dinner can be filling with 500mL of water. I keep bottled water handy so that it's always cold. I have one with every meal and I'm always hydrated and full.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    several peeps on MFP are on 1200 like me. Working out everyday makes it possible to eat more....
  • dap1217
    dap1217 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My calories are set at 1650, but my diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My standard 1400-1500 calorie day is:

Breakfast (generally around 250-300 calories):

- Overnight oats with chia seeds and yoghurt
    - Coffee

Lunch (400-500 calories):

- Black bean soup or red lentil soup, maybe with a couple of ryvita crackers cause otherwise I miss that bread accompaniment
    - OR leftovers from night before (normally a vegetarian curry, pasta with fish, or vegetarian chilli)
    - Apple or other fruit portion

Dinner (500-600 calories):

- Vegetarian curry (like chickpeas) with brown rice
    - OR Pasta with pesto, fish and pinenuts
    - OR Veggie burger and oven chips
    - OR Beans with rice, couscous or quinoa

Treats (if I have calories left over):
    - A couple pieces of chocolate
    - A drink (alcohol)
    - Small portion ice-cream

I'm not saying this is ideal - I could definitely be healthier by adding in more fresh fruits and veggies, especially raw.
  • jmzz1
    Options
    A
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for ideas :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    While emphasis should be placed on overall calorie intake, your primary concern should be the amount of Fat, Carb, and Protein you take in per day.

That makes meal planning so much easier and you really don't have to worry about counting calories.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I recently lowered my intake to 1500 calories. My diary is public. I'm a pescetarian, but it might give you ideas.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump. Saw some great ideas.