Biggest loser cardio max

Options
2»

Replies

• lumilowlander
    lumilowlander Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the Cardio Max Weight-Loss DVD. I'm not sure if it's the same DVD as the one you are using. I know that for myself I am burning 420 calories doing the level one workout. I should mention that I am 1.72 m (5'8") and weigh 19st 2lbs (268) I hope this helps.
  • hollyshainagrotke
    hollyshainagrotke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just a tip for those having a hard time with cardio max- if you can convince- do it with your husband! My husband is VERY in shape and it's a good exercise for him. By that I mean, he's upping it a bit by using super heavy weights and he goes faster during the cardio bursts, but he's breathing hard, red, sweating, and ready for it all to be over by the end. That makes me not feel so bad for struggling with it!!!
    It helps me not to quit to do it with him though. I can't do those weird pushups, so I just keep at normal ones at my own pace, and there's a few times I have to take a breather towards the end, but I do finish. Don't think I could unless I was working out with him. :)
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is a great way to calibrate the burn and the calories. I just started doing both BL Cardio Max and Power Sculpt level 1. I have already "under" consumed when I did these. I will have to remember that trick! Thanks!
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The cardio max dvd is one of my favorites, but it got messed up(gets stuck), so can't use it. Now, my power sculpt dvd is doing the same thing. grr! It did take me a bit to progress through it, but each time it got easier for me. Now I'm working on some of Jillian's other dvds. They are killer to me(one 20 min workout=1 hour+ of the others). not trying to frighten you, just stating my experiences.
  • cmotting
    cmotting Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do Cardio Max weight loss edition and I LOVE it. I alternate with Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I usually record it as Circuit training general. I include the warm up, but not usually the cool down.

Good Luck!
  • gitanagirl
    gitanagirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Don't give up :) sometimes what I do when I get to a workout I dont have the stamina to complete, I pause the Video and go... away :) and then I'll come back later that day and do a few more minutes.
    This is actually a style called Bursting and basically you're just getting your heart rate up for a few minutes, several times a day, and you burn alot of calories this way too :) KEEP GOING! :)
  • chrystelrothaug1
    Options
    I looked it up and for max performance you'll burn 500 calories for the entire work out
  • EvilJesus
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I just found a resource that might help everyone wondering about calories burned using this DVD.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-the-biggest-loser-dvd-cardio-max

just put in your weight, duration and hit calculate.

good luck everyone!

EJ
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I burn about 350 doing cardio max
  • LazyBearGrrr
    LazyBearGrrr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why go through so much work of going to other websites etc.? If you enter 30 min. of aerobics as an exercise here on myfitnesspal, it will calculate the calories for you based on your height/weight. HRMs will certainly be more exact, but all the tools are right here in front of you if you don't have one.
  • NK102
    NK102 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A HEART RATE MONITIOR.