Is PB2 Healthy ?

Options
13»

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I bought it to store as emergency food (because powdered peanut butter has a shelf life of almost forever) but I am eating it as diet food.

My midmorning snack is 2 tbs of pb2 and a banana. The perfect amount of calories and it's filling and yummy. I get my fat elsewhere.
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    PB2 is sold at GNC, but it's more expensive there. But for those wanted to just try it out, it might balance out to the cost of ordering online & paying shipping.

I still eat regular nut butters (peanut & almond) but purchased this to try in a recipe I saw online.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've thought of buying some to try it, but not sure about it yet. Has anyone had it with yogurt? I'm wondering about making yogurt smoothies with it--peanut butter/banana. Might be weird?
    I make smoothies with it: mixed berries, banana, vanilla yogurt, the chocolate PB2.... delicious!
    Thanks! I'll have to go get some now! :tongue:
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've thought of buying some to try it, but not sure about it yet. Has anyone had it with yogurt? I'm wondering about making yogurt smoothies with it--peanut butter/banana. Might be weird?

I've done exactly this. Love it. (I was inspired by my love of peanut butter and banana sandwiches.)
    Great minds think alike!
    :wink:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I make a Peanut Butter and Jelly smoothie almost every day using PB2 and a precise amount of berries (proportions that i've worked out to mimic the taste of strawberry/mixed berry jelly)

it is amazing and it doesnt hurt my stomach like regular peanut butter does
  • darcie90
    darcie90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought some from giant just yesterday. I picked up the chocolate one and just used it this am on a waffle with some fruit it was really good :) I definitely recommend it. Can't wait to try it on apples and such. As far as it being healthy..it seems to be.hence the no perservitives but i supppse it depends on what your looking for. Give it a shot!
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    make a milkshake......1 cup of unsweetened vanilla pure silk almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 Tablespoons of pb2, pk of sweetener, and 1 tsp. of instant decaf coffee and ice. Put into a blender and mix. The more ice you add the thicker it gets. Makes a great peanut butter milkshake and low in calories. milk= 30 calories and the pb2 =45 so a total of 75 calories you can have a great milkshake.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bumping this! sounds great!

I just bought a protein powder that contains protein, but also chlorella, spirulina and seeweed. It smells like fish food and looks green :-/ the taste is not as bad as it looks, but it might look/smell better with added PB taste :)
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bump..i want to order some from amazon along with some think thin bars which are supposed to taste great next payday
  • Vogon42
    Options
    wonder if this magic pb powder is just acutally the biproduct from pressing the oils for peanut cooking oil.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Had mine arrive the other day, but given it's low calorie count and powdered state, I am wondering how natural it is and how healthy it is ?
    Considering the healthy part of peanut butter is the fat, and PB2 removes the fat, I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Decent sub if you want peanut butter flavor, but for health benefits, full fat peanut butter is MUCH healthier.

Ah, but sometimes I go over my fat % if I eat as much regular peanut butter as I really want, so PB2 is my go-to spread. Adds to my protein without adding too much fat - I'm on the short side so I don't have a ton of wiggle room, and I don't eat meat or dairy... So YUM!
  • ryrob1721
    ryrob1721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own peanut butter.?. I buy unsalted peanuts and blend it in my food processor until smooth and add cinnamon and a little bit of honey to it Its really yummy!!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I've always wanted to try it but wasn't sure if it was worth the money. :)
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time in my refrigerator oatmeal. Mix it with bananas, or some unsweetened cocoa...

Here's one of the recipes...

http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/223/Banana+Peanut+Butter+Refrigerator+Oatmeal