Why Are YOU Doing This??

Options

Replies

• ardisia32
    ardisia32 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had a small health scare over the summer. Members of my family either die at 55 of heart failure, or live to be 103....I want to be in the latter group!! While exercise & weight loss won't guarantee that, it won't hurt my chances.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Naked.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it so I can look good and ultimately be HEALTHY! I want a healthy body the most. I don't want to die from being fat. Those are the main reasons I am doing it. The benefits of being able to do certain things are just extra perks
  • Isabella_De_Santis
    Options
    Even though i have put on 12kgs over the past two years i am not overweight in any way according to my BMI & doctors. I feel that i need to lose weight to look & feel healthy & also to regain my self -confidence that i lost somewhere along the line. So i made the decision to lose weight for myself!
  • jordanhillary
    jordanhillary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow...

Well I am 23...i should be the hottest I will ever be at this age..and I'm not.
    If i don't do anything now - i will only get bigger and bigger.
    Ill end up with diabetes.
    I want to be confident in bed
    I want to be comfortable going on in public and dress up without worrying about my tummy
    I want to want to be in pictures instead of trying to avoid them and hide
    I deserve it
    I want to have a strong body to help me for the zombie apocalypse...increase survival.
    I want to prove soooo many people wrong.
    When my bullies are all saggy and over-weight, i want to be hot! :D

Love this. It could have been me writing it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. To make the guy I propositioned last year regret turning me down.
    2. To get my doctor to realize being fat/overweight isn't the cause of any health issues.
    3. Lower my BP to accepted normal (119/79) and be able to eat cottage cheese again.
    4. Buy clothes without needing to dig and dig and dig for that single 5X-6X.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At first it was for health reasons. I have been in a healthy BMI for one year and a half now and my motivation changed. I still want to be healthy.....but now I have fun changing my bady in a way I never expected. I want muscles!!!! I want to be built , I want to reach my genetic potential and I am having so much fun doing it. I am done having babies so now my body exist for my own enjoyement :)
  • Rachelt70
    Rachelt70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To be healthy, be a good example to my daughter and to look and feel great. :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This might sound stupid but one of my goals was always to make a gay guy say "Dang, she's hot" I don't know why but I thought it would be nice because then you really know you got something I guess. But that has already been accomplished, a friend of mine I work with is gay and he told me that his boyfriend thinks I'm hot. So Yay me!

But besides that I wanted to be healthy and considered average in the weight bracket. To keep up with my kids. To make my husband tremble every time he looks at me, for him to always want to touch me or hold me.

Again all that has been done now. Now I'm working on me for me, I want my body a certain way just because I want to prove to myself I can.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm a jiggly fatty. I have always been a jiggly fatty. I don't wanna be a jiggly fatty anymore. I wanna be HAWT!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Mid-life crisis probably.

Cheaper than a sports car ...
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Cause I fat. And I don't wanna be. I wanna be hawt too when I grows up. :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    next time you are at the mall or anywhere, notice how many older people walk all bent over and very slow. some are like that due to physical problems but many are like that because they didnt prepare

then notice that some older people are walking upright and at a brisk pace, they were probably healthy when they were younger also

go to wal-mart and notice how many people are just friggin slobs and have apparently given up taking care of their body and can only wear baggy sweatshirts and pants out in public

I dont think any of these people planned on becoming that way...they just ended up that way by not taking care of themselves when they were younger

now, while we are younger is the time to prepare to NOT be like that
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A couple of reasons.

1: I don't want to be the fat mum that everyone judges.
    2: I want to be able to run around and have fun with my son.
    3: After gaining so much weight, people ignore me to talk to my slimmer friends. (That hurts)
    4: To prove to myself that I have the self control and discipline to make this work.
    5: To prove to others that no matter what they say about me, they haven't broken me, and I'm better than them.
    6: So when I meet this one guy I have a massive crush on, I want him to not have eyes for anyone else in the room but me.
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I been thinking about why i want to lose weight... yeah its to look and feel healthy... but ultimately i want to be hot and sexy for when my man asks me to become his wife. I want to walk down that aisle looking fantabulous. Whats everyone elses dream??

Mine is similar. I'm OBSESSED with Say Yes to the Dress and honestly, while the overweight girls still look gorgeous in their dresses, it's not what I want for me. I want to look at any dress and be able to try it on. I saw one episode where they didn't make the dress big enough for one girl and I was thinking how I'd feel if that happened to me. I'd be completely mortified. Granted, I'm a 16/18 and she was like....a 26 so there's a pretty good difference there but still, who knows where I would have ended up if I had just stopped caring about my weight.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I finally decided that No one is gonna lose the weight for me so 2012 is my year. I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I love and don't really want to buy a load more bigger clothes so here goes. plus I just ordered myself a gorgeous xmas dress a size smaller so it's my goal to look amazing in it :) Good Luck on your journeys peeps and feel free to add me if you like :) xxx
  • m_bear
    Options
    First to support my sister, because she works so hard and really deserves to acheive her goals. Hard to be an example when I am not striving for my own. Plus, I want the body I see and FEEL like I have before looking in the mirror. My core strenght and muscle are great from yoga and baseball, but they are covered with too much jiggle! Also, I want to keep my body strong and healthy so I don't end up with osteoarthritis when I'm older like others in my genepool.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Mainly for my health, but seriously? I just want to look hot! Not for any particular person (since I'm single, don't have to worry about it for anyone)...I just want to look good. I started putting on weight the summer between jr high and senior high and never have liked the way I look and at 41, I just want to enjoy looking good for myself.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    at the age of 34 i shouldn't have had to lie down for 5 mins after walking up 13 steps, it scared me enough to start a diet and actually stick to it, 21 months later i'm still sticking to it 88lbs down and counting

ps all the people who are doing the dieting for your weddings i really hope you get where you want to, i've done the "fat" wedding pics and they make me seriously cringe x
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Wow...

Well I am 23...i should be the hottest I will ever be at this age..and I'm not.
    If i don't do anything now - i will only get bigger and bigger.
    Ill end up with diabetes.
    I want to be confident in bed
    I want to be comfortable going on in public and dress up without worrying about my tummy
    I want to want to be in pictures instead of trying to avoid them and hide
    I deserve it
    I want to have a strong body to help me for the zombie apocalypse...increase survival.
    I want to prove soooo many people wrong.
    When my bullies are all saggy and over-weight, i want to be hot! :D

I like what you said here (and I feel the same way in many cases), but I just want to tell you that while general society may want you to believe you should be the hottest you'll ever be at 23 years old, it simply isn't true, and there are tons of women out there who are proving it every day. Many of them are here on MFP.