2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Thanks Heather :flowerforyou:

good-n10.gif
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    WELCOME back Dominique!! Of course we'll have you! I am soooo glad you are better and are ready to be active again!!

Heather good job!!! I agree cooler temps make running alot more enjoyable!!

Hello Ivy & Debra!!!!

I did NOT workout Friday or Saturday so I ended the week 5/7.
    1/7 today with 6 miles of speed walking and doing my JMBR workout!
  • Missou
    Hey Verda, thanks a lot :smooched:

On Saturday, I did 20 easy sit-ups, a 15 minutes yoga routine for my neck and shoulders while sitting at my desk and a BIG 0.25 miles at 2m/h and 0% inclination in 7.5 minutes Ooh-Haa!!! My cardio-vascular system could't take more :yawn: Yesterday on the other hand, I cleaned my dishes, we don't have a dishwasher, placed diner in the slow cooker, peeled 2.5 lbs of carrots for a carrots and ginger soup and cleaned the little bit of dishes that I used for my cooking and had pain in my chest for several hours after that. That is as active as I can be :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It is important tough that I keep on moving, I don't want to become a couch potato :noway: :noway: I really hope the test results I am waiting for show that something is wrong. I know that there is something but my body keeps on hiding it to the doctors :grumble:

Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for a new week. My "exercice" today will consist of cleaning my bathroom :tongue:

monday10.gif
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    MIssou.... so glad to have you back. Hugs with your heart issues, hope things get figured out for you. I had thought that you bought your boat and were sailing the oceans!!!
    My exercise should also include cleaning the bathroom... ugh... hate that!

I downloaded a running app for my smart phone today and used it. I choose 5k improver.. trying to work on running faster. I loved it. it played my playlist..came on when I needed to hit and get it! Told me my pace, what was left..etc... I really liked everything about it...I will run 3-4 times a week for 14 weeks... Gosh I hope I stick to it... my chest feels like I worked up all sorts of crazy... it said my fastest interval was a 6:10 pace..and I remember her saying 8 a couple times... but that was at beginning... I didn't keep that pace up the whole time... kicked my butt on way home.
    I am 1/7 with my run, plan on doing ab work later tonight with some stretches too...

Glad to see you took a weekend off Verda.. you kill it all week!
    Heather, what a fantastic pace!! Woo Hoo!!!!
    IVY?????? Hello!!!!!
  • Missou
    Because of my health issues, I probably will put the sailing the world idea aside but I will probably get myself a boat to sail on lake Champlain someday, I'll see, Because of that or thanks to that, depends on how you look at it, I will go on cruises instead :tongue:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Hangs head down 2/7 last week.

1/7 so far this week 2 miles .:embarassed:

Glad to see everyone is still at it.

Welcome back Missou!!
  • vhuber
    Hi Ivy girl!! Good to see you again!!!

2/7 was 6 miles on the TM along with JMBR! I get a break from her tomorrow!!!!
  • Missou
    good-m10.jpg
  • makeitallsue
    Good Morning... off to hit the elliptical, just a quick Hello!
    Thanks for the coffee Missou!

Ivy.. I sometimes need breaks too... somedays I just get so moody... makes me mad that I have to try so hard and I get stuck it seems.... but we are in this for the long haul... we just have to keep trying and keep moving forward... that is all we an do!

Verda.. The JMBR... is that a weight training total body session? How do you like her? Are the long workouts... or do they vary? Just curious, I had been meaning to ask and keep forgetting... is this your second or third round with her? I thought you did her last year too... or am I confused?? haha that happens easily!
    Hey Heather... I seen you got you run in early... good for you!!!

have a great day everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hangs head down 2/7 last week.

1/7 so far this week 2 miles .:embarassed:

Glad to see everyone is still at it.

Welcome back Missou!!

Ivy, that's 2/7 more than a lot of people! Keep on pushing, you're doing great!

Debra, great job on the program to improve your speed. The 5K training group that I've been running with has really been helping me with my speed. I remember I used to struggle with the treadmill set at 5.5 mph, and now I can run a sub 10 min mile. I'm not super speedy, but I am making progress and I know you'll see your speed improve also!!!

Verda, glad you're killing it as always. I was really glad to see that you took a little time off over the weekend to relax. Rest days are important too!! :smile:
    My 2/7 this week was 3 miles on the treadmill this morning before work. I was laying in bed trying to decide if I really wanted to get up, and althouth I stayed in bed a few minutes longer than I should have I did finally get up and got my run in. I have my running group tomorrow night and then I'm scheduled for a 5 mile run Thursday morning. This training schedule may just kill me!!! :wink:
  • Missou
    Good for you girls!! I'm taking it easy today. I need a break after my last two days's "exercice" :grumble: :grumble:

Well, life has its challenges and you must face them as best as you can challe10.jpg
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    You are so right!

Well, life has its challenges and you must face them as best as you can challe10.jpg

2/7 1 mile on treadmill 2 miles with leslie

Glad to see you girls are running!

Missou you are doing great! Glad to see you back!
  • makeitallsue
    3/7 with a 5k on treadmill..disappointed that my app didn't work on treadmill, Burr was easy to keep track since I knew plan. Didn't realty get 5k time since Iggy messed up after warm up.. But I have first day for comparison...it's sill good! Total 40 mins covered 3.5 miles including WU&CD
  • vhuber
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have to laugh at the pic's that get posted and the words that are meant to be, but if your using a phone to post there is some words that get a little messed up!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Debra, Jillian Michaels Body Revolution is an 11 week series. the workouts are less than 40 minutes. you lift 2 days back to back then a day of cardio then another 2 days back to back and another day of cardio. they are good but after this many times of course she sorta bugs me :laugh: My husband is trying to do them with me so I have to wait for him in the evenings which is ok.

Heather, I know the feeling of just wanting to stay in bed at 4:30 a.m. but this week has actually been pretty easy, might be from the time change. You are doing awesome and I wonder how you can do it all with a job and a family!! You go girl!!!!

Ivy and Dominique, please do what your bodies allow. IF and I say IF you can do a little more go for it but Dominique make sure your Dr says it is ok. Gosh you have been through enough in your life! Remember that you are doing more than you were before!!
    and Dominique "thanks for the awesome coffee!"

I am 4/7 with another day of 6 miles on the TM and my workout with Jillian. Yesterday was early morning on the TM, and hr of lifting and moving boxes in the walkin freezer at school and before I went and voted last night I went and cleaned some flower beds, put things in storage (like my bike:sad: ) and the patio furniture along with other stuff for an hr. because the weatherman says old man winter is going to be mean to us starting tomorrow night through the weekend! I hate winter!!!
  • Missou
    Dominique make sure your Dr says it is ok. Gosh you have been through enough in your life! Remember that you are doing more than you were before!! and Dominique "thanks for the awesome coffee!

My doctor will not be able to help me out so much because there are no clinical signs that anything is wrong with my heart. The only sign I have is the pain in my chest and the fact that my blood pressure is a little higher than it usually is. Since it usually is around 100 over 60, and it is now only at about 115 over 75 it is considered normal but it is a considerable rise in my opinion especially since there is pain that comes with it.

I should have the results today or tomorrow of the last test I took; can't wait to see them.

In the mean time, this is for all of you

86487210.jpg
  • Missou
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have to laugh at the pic's that get posted and the words that are meant to be, but if your using a phone to post there is some words that get a little messed up!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What do you mean? Everything looks good on my computer. You have to explain a little more, what are you seeing???
  • vhuber
    Not your words Dominique but Debra's! She is ALWAYS on the run & does posting from her phone & it will send the wrong words!:laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks for breakfast! It was lovely! Have an awesome day!!!
  • vhuber
    Forgot to post but I did a little more than 3 miles on the elliptical at 4:45 this morning! 5/7
  • vhuber
    Happy FRIDAY ladies!!!!
    It is a rest day for me!!!
  • makeitallsue
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Oh Verda... I was in such a hurry I didn't even re-read my post until today... I am so thankful you understand me!!

I did a total body workout yesterday with weights. SO Yippee... 4/7 for the week.

Very busy day yesterday... Hubby and I met with the builders that are going to remodel our home for us. Getting hubby there was like pulling teeth, but after we got there... he was all... lets change this, I want that.... so waiting on the plans to arrive this morning to see how it turned out... this is the 4th set of plans he has done for us. He just wasnt hearing "our" more important wants... but going in yesterday I think helped a lot!
    We then went out to lunch at our favorite mexican place.. I did have two margarittas... but I have been so good the last month that I didn't think it would hurt... I also skipped dinner because I was still so full!
    Went to my son's football awards in the evening and so proud of him. He received his Letter... (he is just a freshman... so a big deal in my book... but I am mommy biased!) and he also received a plaque where he was voted by his teammates as "Most valuable receiver"... he is such a beast... :wink: , very competitive and keeping on honor roll too... I am a proud momma!:wink:
    So good day for me yesterday.
    I am going to try to get some more Christmas shopping behind me today. I have the grandkids just about finished.. just hoping they don't change their "likes" befor the big day!
    Have a wonderful Friday my fit friends!!