System/Colon Cleanse

Options
124»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Can the OP tell me what she expects to reset or what toxins need to be removed? You always hear about this but no one seems to mention just exactly what is going to happen, well other than the obvious. Is my reset button up my *kitten* somewhere?

Reset metabolism. Remove toxins including pesticides and heavy metals.

Absent a "cleanse", pesticides will remain in the body?

And what support do you have that any "cleanse" removes heavy metals?

(Disclaimer: I honestly don't know the answers to these questions. I have a suspicion, and have researched similar topics long ago, but haven't actually researched the answers based on any recent developments.)
  • spencer7593
    Options
    I am curious if anyone has found a good 3-7 day colon/system cleanse to reset and detox. ... I want to do a detox to cleanse some of the toxins from my body.

If anyone has had any experience with a good cleanse please share!

Start with drinking lots of filtered water. Plain old H20 run through a carbon filter to remove contaminants. Dihydrogen monoxide. Drink lots of it. All day.

Eat fiber. Eat fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, whole foods. Organic. Lots of them. All day. Don't eat anything containing high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated fat. Avoid eating anything with wheat flour that is not organic 100% whole wheat. Avoid all foods with added sugar and with artificial sweeteners.

Drink lots of filtered water.

Sweat. Exercise to get your heart rate up and your core body temperature up. Little droplets of sweat will appear all over your skin. Keep exercising. Don't stop until you're exhausted, you've depleted the glycogen stores in your muscles, and you've burned hundreds and hundreds of calories.

Drink lots of filtered water.

Sit in a sauna and sweat some more. Your sweat glands are effective at removing "toxins" from your body.

Drink more filtered water.

And eat some of that Jamie Curtis yogurt, Activia.

And drink more filtered water.

If your colon is still clogged up, then fill your colon with distilled water. Don't use too much, use just enough.

That's the recipe for a "cleanse".
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    Can the OP tell me what she expects to reset or what toxins need to be removed? You always hear about this but no one seems to mention just exactly what is going to happen, well other than the obvious. Is my reset button up my *kitten* somewhere?

(Disclaimer: I honestly don't know the answers to these questions. I have a suspicion, and have researched similar topics long ago, but haven't actually researched the answers based on any recent developments.)

The only evidence I have are the tests my doctor did with me before and after doing the standard process 21 day cleanse. Of course I also cut most pesticides out of my diet and reduced my exposure to aluminum (found in all anti-perspirants). So cause and effect can be questioned. I don't have all the answers.... but I can only find more answers by experimenting and testing and learning! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/gastro.html

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/debunking-detox.html
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    All the joking aside, since the majority of people and the entire medical profession think that cleanses are unnecessary at best, and dangerous at the worst... have you considered counselling?

When you speak of the entire medical profession you must be speaking of Western medicine (which I put very little faith in.) Most Eastern philosophies believe and encourage the occasional fast/cleanse. I would much rather treat the problem than deal with the symptoms. : )

Thank you for the laugh.
    Having certain Eastern tendencies and being a biomedical engineer I would be very interested in learning what ancient eastern philosophies encourage cleanses.

I think you are mixing some new age dharma cleansing and all that. That's fine but you appeal to Eastern authority lacks credibility.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I did the mean green "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" Juice fast for two weeks. I felt great, lost weight, and it did clear me out (If you know what I mean.) That's how I lost the first 12 lbs of my weight loss journey thus far. (Down 62 now! woohoo!)

It was recommended by my nutritionist and my doctor. Nobody gets rich in the process because you make it yourself with fruits and veggies.

I also love how nobody else has seemed to answer her question and has still made this thread about arguing over fasts and cleanses in general. If you come across a thread that specifically says it doesn't want the typical fasting argument in it, and the typical fasting argument is all you can think of to say, feel free to just shut up.

tumblr_m690ut5EkM1r1l4s6.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

What do you exactly mean by resetting your metabolism?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Requires chelation, not a "cleanse"
  • missvixxen
    missvixxen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Advocare 24 day challenge right now- 10 days of a cleanse and some maintenance after for 2 weeks after. I love it- the first few days can be rough, just because it's pretty low carb but you don't starve and you feel AMAZING. As an added bonus, it's relatively inexpensive at 30 bucks!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    TACO BUENO - TACO BELL

If i want a good deep cleanse, these will make me clear my bowels and also make my soul feel refreshed and a little bit violated.

^This or White Castle

Or Pizza Hut, applebees, Chilis....
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Colon cleanse? Bud Light and Taco Bell.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Just gonna say, once again... A detox cleanse put me in the hospital for 7 days with major liver problems.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    WOW! Its astounding how rude majority of you are.

OP, sadly I don't think there is such a cleanse. You seem to be doing good with the low carb part.

Nope, It's amazing how honest the majority of people are.
  • vlivengood
    Options

OP, sadly I don't think there is such a cleanse. You seem to be doing good with the low carb part.

I can not believe how far in I had to read before someone made a comment on how rude the majority of the responses are is, girl simply asked a question. I like a good joke as much as the next person (taco bell one was quite funny) but people post here for advice and join this site for support, not for ridicule, for many here that is exactly WHAT they are trying to avoid....

That being said, OP I do not think the body needs any kind of cleanse and I am a firm believer that if you keep your body fueled with healthy foods and exercise it will do all the work for you....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Nope, It's amazing how honest the majority of people are.

Indeed. But for some reason, honesty is considered rude/mean on MFP, even when politely and tactfully given.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did the mean green "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" Juice fast for two weeks. I felt great, lost weight, and it did clear me out (If you know what I mean.) That's how I lost the first 12 lbs of my weight loss journey thus far. (Down 62 now! woohoo!)

It was recommended by my nutritionist and my doctor. Nobody gets rich in the process because you make it yourself with fruits and veggies.

I also love how nobody else has seemed to answer her question and has still made this thread about arguing over fasts and cleanses in general. If you come across a thread that specifically says it doesn't want the typical fasting argument in it, and the typical fasting argument is all you can think of to say, feel free to just shut up.
    Amen... I do a monthly fast of 24 hours and occasionally 48 hours without anything and have considered doing a seven day or ten day cleanse... The doctors these people are talking about are the same ones that say take two aspirin and call me in the morning... Once again western medicine rules the world and forget any homeopathic experts or eastern medicine practictioners as quacks... I love my accupuncturist for doing what cortisone injections and electric muscular stimulation couldn't do for my back.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

You can't reset your metabolism, that's a myth and chelation is necessary to remove pesticides and heavy metals. Pretty sure some juice or whatever isn't going to help.

If doing this makes YOU feel better about yourself and your health, go for it! It's all psychological.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Amen... I do a monthly fast of 24 hours and occasionally 48 hours without anything and have considered doing a seven day or ten day cleanse... The doctors these people are talking about are the same ones that say take two aspirin and call me in the morning... Once again western medicine rules the world and forget any homeopathic experts or eastern medicine practictioners as quacks... I love my accupuncturist for doing what cortisone injections and electric muscular stimulation couldn't do for my back.

another oxymoron........homeopathy is probably one of the least scientific "medical"disciplines out there. Think about the absurdity of the notion that the more dilute a remedy is the stronger it is.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

really?

isn't this ignorance of our bodies and how they work a result of our education system?
  • GomesDavid
    Options

I can not believe how far in I had to read before someone made a comment on how rude the majority of the responses are is, girl simply asked a question. I like a good joke as much as the next person (taco bell one was quite funny) but people post here for advice and join this site for support, not for ridicule, for many here that is exactly WHAT they are trying to avoid....

That being said, OP I do not think the body needs any kind of cleanse and I am a firm believer that if you keep your body fueled with healthy foods and exercise it will do all the work for you....

agreed vivangood! well... to stop this one needs to shut-up the only solution to end this :)