What does everyone do for exercise?

Options

Replies

• Alicia7519
    Options
    I go to three yoga classes a week. There is a video by Yogazone on Youtube called "Yoga for Beginners - weight loss that I like to workout to. Sometimes I will ride the recumbent bike at the gym. I need to do more cardio.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Mostly - nothing. :blushing:

When I feel guilty enough about being idle, I attempt various Jillian Michaels DVDs, or things like Wii Fit, Just Dance, Your Shape etc. In the past I've been to gyms and after a few months have stopped going because the bottom line is I find it completely boring! :yawn:

I think the trick is finding something you enjoy doing, perhaps a variety of things so you don't get fed up. Walking is an easy one to fit into your day somewhere to start with. Maybe enlist a friend or work colleague to go with you as it's nice to have the support too.

Good luck!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I walk the dog every morning (weather dependent since she hates rain). I enjoy running and need to get back into it. I like to do long runs outside but in the winter months I tend to do interval sprint workouts on the treadmill. I also do some lifting, and ab work... nothing crazy, but just the basics.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    oh, the usual...running from the devil, exercising my right to vote, lifting the veil of confusion, rowing the boat ashore, fighting my urges.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 + cardio for 20 minutes, 5-6 days a week.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I walk to work and back every day (2-3 miles depending on the route, takes 40-60 mins a day).
    I swim for 30 mins once or twice a week.
    I go on my exercise bike 2-3 times a week (I aim to do 10 miles in 45 mins each time).
    I do 30-45 mins of yoga a couple of times a week.
    At the weekend I try to either do a bike ride (around 10 miles, with hills) or go out hiking for an hour or two.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Desk exercising at work with a 30 minute walk. Mon, Weds, Fri.
  • salthoff01
    Options
    I work out with my husband at lunch. We do some a little cardio to get going, then strength training, and recently have moved from a brisk 1.5 mile walk to a walk, jog routine. He totally kicks my butt and I love him for it.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Weight training
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Running including interval training
    Spinning
    Circuits
    Weights
    Walking on my 'rest' days

Seing great results
  • donnamariewilliams
    Options
    Zumba class, elipitcal trainer, pilates, weight training and walking.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and do a mix of cardio and strength training, plus I have personal training sessions. I also do aerobics, spinning and zumba once a week each.

I walk a lot with my children. They're 3 and 1, so take up a lot of energy to look after and play with! My 3 year old likes to take his scooter out along the seafront so i spent a lot of time chasing him.

I also work part time as a secondary school teacher so I'm on my feet all the time when I'm at work.

I've no idea how I'm not super skinny by now!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I do walking,hiking,bike riding,lifting weights and exercise videos
  • Adrian211
    Adrian211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up with many different things so I don't get bored (which happens very easily). So far I've had the most success with the following:

- Elliptical trainer
    - Stationary bike
    - Spin class
    - Strength training (3X a week)
    - Walking and generally not sitting on my a** (probably why I got to the size I did)

- I also trained for a long distance bike ride, and it gave me a goal to work towards (raised money for MS)

- I've lost 51 lbs since February using these exercises plus watching my intake
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Running, walking, hiking, cycling on the indoor trainer.

How many calories do you burn while slacking off on this website?
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog 2x each day for 30-60 minutes each outing.
    I run 2-3x each week (3 mile minimum each run)
    I go for a hike once a week in the summer and fall.
    I bike 1-2x each week (for 30 minutes up to 2 hours each time, depending on time constraints)
    I use DVDs at home once or twice a week for variety (kickboxing or HIIT or dancing).
    I strength train 2-3x each week.

Basically, I do the things that I enjoy. In the summer I add in kayaking, swimming, and more walks. In the winter I try to do some xx-skiing, snowshoeing, or ice skating at the local rink a couple times a month. I love being active and outside.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I do body weight and heavy weight training exercises exclusively (a few HITT sessions here and there) - no more cardio.
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Brazil butt lift, elliptical, free weights, ripped in thirty, speed bag, slim & 6 pack & walk...think that's it... 6 or 7 times a week...lol
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3 times per week, box 3-4 times per week, and do some focused calisthenic-type work once a week.

I also live in Chicago, so I walk a lot.
  • tinagn
    tinagn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting, cardio, and pop Pilates 6 days of the week (that stuff is amazing, only been doing it for a months and the results are fab!)