Appetite Suppressant

Options

Replies

• mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Water and foods that are loaded with fiber (beans, brocoli, avocado, edamame, apples, pears, raspberries, almonds, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta).
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Water, tea, coffee, diet soda.....and making sure you're getting enough calories a day. Avoid starvation diets!
  • blairhanson
    Options
    Have you ever heard of "FullBars"? They worked pretty well for me. Otherwise I eat apples. They are filling and very low calorie.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A combo of the suggestions should really help. This is one of my struggles as well. I find that healthier food choices gives you more bang for your bite so to speak. It allows you to eat larger quantities and quality.
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Well here is my experience with appetite suppressants: Anything you can buy that is not a prescription from the doctor is a joke. I have tried 20 or more supplements. NOT KIDDING. With that said, depending on your doctor here are some prescription pills that really do suppress your appetite : NUMBER ONE: and my favorite one is Aderall. NO JOKE, its not just for ADHD. make sure it is the 30mg capsules. it is expensive.. like you would not believe. some off brands work just the same. IF you get an off brand and it is pink. DONT TAKE IT. NUMBER TWO: Phentermine, there is none that you can get on the internet that will work. TRUST ME. The catch with the phentermine is it can cause high blood pressure. It didnt for me. Also some doctors refuse to presribe it. find one that can. This is on the cheaper end of the scale per month. Some doctors will only prescribe from 3-6 months and no more. NUMBER THREE: ephedrine, I used to take this waaaay back in the day. good luck finding it. used to be able to buy it at gas stations. truckers would take it to stay awake, it was also used for asthma.

I do not take any type of prescription weight loss pill now. I REFUSE TO. HERE ARE THE FACTS: IT ****s with your body, and your mind. yes the weight will come off, but you are starving yourself. you will ruin your metabolism, NONE OF THEM are good for you in any way shape or form. BUT I knew this as well and took them to lose weight fast. I did, but let me tell you how fast the weight came back on after I was done taking them. In 6 months I lost 50 lbs... in two months I gained 65 lbs.

It took me a very long time to realize that this is not the way to go. EVER! I have to work my ****ing *kitten* off every single day, 3 plus hours a day of exercise, and I am always eating clean. IT IS HARD! somedays suck so bad, but I still push through them. and all the damn work that I do I lose 2 lbs a week, and some weeks not at all. it is a long process, but I am happy to be doing it. Consider you options before you take any of the above pills.
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I agree with water. I have heard that for some people caffeine can act as an appetite stimulant so if you are not accustomed to it I would be careful drinking a lot of caffeinated coffee. I don't "do" any caffeine for medical reasons so I am not sure how accurate this is however.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of hunger, if it's a physical one, green tea, spices, neutral-tasting foods, water never really worked for me, citrus extract, ginger, toothpaste, some exercice in order to stimulate the peptide YY hormone (which counteracts ghrelin effect - directly responsible of the hunger feeling)

If it's a psychological one, you are doomed
    baby-chef-chocolate-cake.jpg
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Walking non-stop for 30 minutes
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Coffee, water, herbal tea, exercise
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    Are we talking "I'm bored and have teh munchies" or "my stomach is giving me hunger pains"? 'Cause my answer is going to be different. For the second, if your body is causing you pain over hunger, EAT SOMETHING. Something small, but just get some food.

If it's just munchies, then you can either A) get a small snack, or B) get some green tea or water
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Coffee, exercise
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great topic... bump.
  • mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    Are we talking "I'm bored and have teh munchies" or "my stomach is giving me hunger pains"? 'Cause my answer is going to be different. For the second, if your body is causing you pain over hunger, EAT SOMETHING. Something small, but just get some food.

If it's just munchies, then you can either A) get a small snack, or B) get some green tea or water

The first one. Im a stay at home mom and I get bored so I will just eat to eat. I need something to take my mind off of food cause that's all I seem to think about.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    9 times out of 10 food does the trick for curbing my appetite.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

The first one. Im a stay at home mom and I get bored so I will just eat to eat. I need something to take my mind off of food cause that's all I seem to think about.

I'm home all day too. It can be pretty boring. Find things to do that will occupy your hands and your mind. Have you tried a craft or hobby? Reading is great to take your mind off of eating. I don't know how old your kids are, but when my daughter was a baby, I used to go down to the mall with her and walk around each day. Getting out really helps. I also would take her to the park.
  • mommyof4adorablekids
    Options
    I'm home all day too. It can be pretty boring. Find things to do that will occupy your hands and your mind. Have you tried a craft or hobby? Reading is great to take your mind off of eating. I don't know how old your kids are, but when my daughter was a baby, I used to go down to the mall with her and walk around each day. Getting out really helps. I also would take her to the park.
    [/quote]

They are 6,4,2 and 7 months. I also dont have a car right now so im pretty much stuck inside. I have never been into crafts and I cant read a book with all the kids running around screaming all day lol. I might have to try drinking coffee. I never knew it suppressed the appetite.
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    Well here is my experience with appetite suppressants: Anything you can buy that is not a prescription from the doctor is a joke. I have tried 20 or more supplements. NOT KIDDING. With that said, depending on your doctor here are some prescription pills that really do suppress your appetite : NUMBER ONE: and my favorite one is Aderall. NO JOKE, its not just for ADHD. make sure it is the 30mg capsules. it is expensive.. like you would not believe. some off brands work just the same. IF you get an off brand and it is pink. DONT TAKE IT.

This INFURIATES me. I was prescribed Adderall for about 4 years (post-traumatic fatigue due to a brain injury from a car accident) and was a COMPLETE trainwreck the entire time. I'm 5'4 and within six months, I was down to 93 pounds from my usual 125. I started having migraines, irregular heartbeat, I was anxious all the time, and started having panic attacks. SO NOT WORTH IT. If you can show me a doctor that presribes 30mg (a SERIOUS dose) a day for weight loss, I will show you a doctor who should have his license revoked.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • elainehodgins
    elainehodgins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cleaning out my cats litter tray usually does the trick! hahahah No seriously....water...coffee....NO pills!! they are SOOOOO bad for you!
  • kaylaannmarie93
    kaylaannmarie93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Black coffee, green tea, WATER WATER WATER. If all else fails try gum or go for fruit or veggies! Make sure the rest of your meals are high in fiber, that will help keep the snacking to a minimum.
    Kayla