Why Are YOU Doing This??

Options

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I been thinking about why i want to lose weight... yeah its to look and feel healthy... but ultimately i want to be hot and sexy for when my man asks me to become his wife. I want to walk down that aisle looking fantabulous. Whats everyone elses dream??

^^^This.

Plus, I want to be able to keep up with my little sister (11 years younger than me) in her many activities and my niece (3 years) and nephew (18 months).
  • imcatbear
    Options
    Because I love me.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel sexy again.

I don't want to be fat.

I want to walk in to a store knowing that I can try and fit in to most everything they have.

I want to turn people's heads.

I don't want to be known as the fat mom.

I want to be able to walk across my room in my underwear knowing that my husband is seeing one sexy lady walking past him.

I want to be in photos where I don't look like a whale.

I want to provide a healthy example for my four daughters!

I want to buy pretty bras and panties or sexy lingerie.

I want to buy cute dresses and actually look good in them!

I want to go hiking again without wanting to quit in the first 10 minutes!

I don't want to be afraid to wear a bathing suit
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I want to do it for me!
    I don't want to be overweight!
    I don't want a muffin top in jeans.
    I want to wear a bikini.
    I want muscles.
    I want to be healthy.
    :smile:
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I want to get in shape because I feel like I am an athlete inside, and not the overweight guy I was.
    I want to walk my daughter down the aisle, watch my son become a fine young man.
    I want to grow old with my wife.
    I want to enjoy life and not be frustrated by my weight slowing me down.
    I am competitive and want to excel at what I do.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    To be able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes (my son is 3). Honestly I'm comfortable with my body the way I am, but I don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe and I'm sick of only having a couple of pairs of pants that fit!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So I can golf with my son. To be able to take spring break with the family and take my shirt off at the pool with some confidence. Increased self confidence. Fit into some very nice suits in my closet. Set a good example for my kids. For my health. I want people to say "wow, he looks good!". To be known as a healthy and active person. To rid myself of back pain. To be able to say "told ya" to my Doctor during my next visit.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had kind of started working on losing weight at the beginning of the semester when I randomly stepped on my roommates scale and saw that I was over 200 lbs, which for me had never happened before. But the defining moment for me was Halloween this year; it really made me want to step up my game. Some friends and I went out dancing and seeing all of those girls in their cute costumes and knowing that at the weight I am I could never wear them and look good was the final straw in motivating me to do something about it. Not that I necessarily want to wear any of those things, but the fact that I couldn't even if I did want to is what got me truly motivated. I remembered a girl in one of my classes had talked about the MFP app so I checked it out, and now here I am. :smile:
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I been thinking about why i want to lose weight... yeah its to look and feel healthy... but ultimately i want to be hot and sexy for when my man asks me to become his wife. I want to walk down that aisle looking fantabulous. Whats everyone elses dream??

Ultimately, health. I want to have a long, fabulous life. Diabetes sucks, and I'm at high risk.
  • mrs_jatkins
    mrs_jatkins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was told that at 49 I am too old to donate a kidney to my son. Later, I found out it was really because of my weight. If that wasn't a wake up call! I have been tested and am a great match. Im grateful that I still have time to get my act together for when the time comes.

Wow! Thats motivational in itself!!! :flowerforyou:
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of reasons...
    Like many people, I want to feel/look "pretty" (not boyishly thin.. but not super-chunky. also, I carry weight in my face so I get the "chubby cheeks" look. yuk)
    I also want to challenge myself.. And be a good role-model. As someone who aspires to be a physician's assistant, I want to be healthy. I don't want to be fat and out-of-shape, scolding people for their weight and lack of exercise - that's NOT right! Plus, being healthy = feeling good. Who doesn't like to feel good about themselves?
  • maryesser
    Options
    As much as I started out wanting to lose weight and look better [naked and in clothing :-)], I was surprised to find recently that what I truly missed about being fit (other than looking good) was how much better I FEEL. This comes down to everything from depression to simply feeling better about being able to walk up flights of steps and actually LIKE it...lol. Of course, the physical part is what keeps me motivated (I admit to having some obsession with my abs and biceps!), but feeling better is what will keep you going in terms of the motivation to work out, in my humble opinion. By all means, if I were getting married I would want to look good on my special day; but more importantly I would want to know that perhaps I had given myself more years of life...or at least more life in my years :-).
  • mrs_jatkins
    mrs_jatkins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow!!

Thank you everyone! I have sat here and read every single one of your messages, and WOW!... i really wasn't expecting to get over 90 comments... it just goes to show that for every individual in the world, we each have something that inspires us to be the best we can.

You know, we might not know all this from the beginning, but when you really sit down and think about it, the light bulb just suddenly turns on,... and it all just falls into place.

Yes, i know what i want.... yes i know exactly how to get it.... but getting there is the hardest thing i will ever have to do... but i know once i'm there it will be totally worth it.

i often go back through photos of myself that people have taken over the time.. and i remember my mind set was at the time - dont take that.. i look fat. but you know what... some of the photos i was stunning! i was slim, fit and beautiful... but all i remember is i was fat...

i want to get rid of those thoughts and get to that place i once was and say.. i'm beautiful.. and yes i know it!!!
    I have a rollar coaster journey - just like everyone - but i know i will get there one day... and that one day will be the best ever!!!

add me if you like as a friend.. the more the merrier
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    So i dont have to struggle to get up in the morning. Physically or mentally.
  • the_britster
    the_britster Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    today, my reason is so that guys will take a second, or fifth :tongue: , look.
  • cindyperry7
    Options
    I was told that at 49 I am too old to donate a kidney to my son. Later, I found out it was really because of my weight. If that wasn't a wake up call! I have been tested and am a great match. Im grateful that I still have time to get my act together for when the time comes.

Wow, That's really touching..... I wish you well!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Why do I want to lose weight? Because I hate the feeling of stuffing myself into my clothes rather than fitting into them. I want to have more energy because I have definitely noticed increased lethargy with my weight gain. I want to learn to educate myself in the ways of healthy eating, which would most definitely keep the weight off. I feel like I always have to remind myself of nutritional facts and end up becoming clueless as what to eat.
  • emwaitexo
    Options
    I want to feel good about myself, and most of all be healthy. I'm vacationing in North Carolina this summer to visit my older brother and his fiance and I want to be a healthy weight :) I don't want to have health problems when I am older.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Because i hated my body for too damn long and listened to people who told me i wasnt good enough.

im not just good enough. im freaking awesome.

I get to compete with who i was yesterday, last week, four years ago....and improve.

also, i have add and ocd tendencies, working out makes me focus.

Yes to all of the above!

LOVE this answer!

I just want to look amazing in my own eyes for once in my life.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like feeling strong and healthy. It makes me happy.