Appetite Suppressant

Options

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well here is my experience with appetite suppressants: Anything you can buy that is not a prescription from the doctor is a joke. I have tried 20 or more supplements. NOT KIDDING. With that said, depending on your doctor here are some prescription pills that really do suppress your appetite : NUMBER ONE: and my favorite one is Aderall. NO JOKE, its not just for ADHD. make sure it is the 30mg capsules. it is expensive.. like you would not believe. some off brands work just the same. IF you get an off brand and it is pink. DONT TAKE IT.

This INFURIATES me. I was prescribed Adderall for about 4 years (post-traumatic fatigue due to a brain injury from a car accident) and was a COMPLETE trainwreck the entire time. I'm 5'4 and within six months, I was down to 93 pounds from my usual 125. I started having migraines, irregular heartbeat, I was anxious all the time, and started having panic attacks. SO NOT WORTH IT. If you can show me a doctor that presribes 30mg (a SERIOUS dose) a day for weight loss, I will show you a doctor who should have his license revoked.

Read her whole post... She advises against them.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    unsweetened green tea! I find when I have a cup of it in the morning i am way less hungry throughout the day.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Fiber and water.

The more fiber in your diet the better.

And they SAY cinnamon can act as a suppressant. I'm not sure if that's true but sprinkle some on your morning toast or cereal. :)
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When juicing if I get really hungry I find a slice or two of avocado helps...and lots of water...
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Exercise, coffee, keeping busy. Oh, and take your vitamin. Mine is a real appetite killer, yuck!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee, or exercise. One of those will work.

Otherwise, what's the point? The point of losing weight, is to get healthy, right? How is putting a man-made chemical in your body healthy?
  • kittymewmew66
    Options
    A medium microwaved sweet potato is the way to go! It is like a cannon ball in the belly and keeps you full for a while. I used to take these little devils with me to work as my snack and it hit the spot every time keeping me full until lunch. I use them as my mid-night snack now that I am a full time student. Wards off bad munchies! Take care.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Think about maggots.
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    first off... how about you read my entire post before being ignorant about it. and also some people can handle higher doses of prescription drugs then others. JUST AN FYI
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    hollyk57 - you are offensive.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    You are a stay at home mom without a car and chances are you dont get out much...

Preaching to the choir here. lol.. My kids are older, but i home school one, and due to anxiety, although i do have a car, i dont leave the house much.

SO, im going to advise you to talk to your doctor and have your blood levels checked, specifically your vitamin D.

When you are inside, most of the day you arent getting as much sun exposure as you should, even less now with winter coming on (and even LESS since you dont get car rides!) My vitamin D (just from being a stay at home mom) is ALWAYS low.. this causes me to have a harder time losing weight, causes fatigue, and can cause depression, etc.

So along with everything else.. when you have your standard doctors visit (which i hope you are having since you are "dieting") Just ask him to please check a vitamin D level also! Its not expensive and can be done with the blood they are already taking!

I an currently taking 50,000 units once a week and have started losing more weight, i have a lot more energy and im not nearly as "blusy" feeling as i was!

=) Good luck!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Green Tea without sugar or milk or small snacks...I eat about 10 almonds and wait 20 minutes if I am still starving then it's time to eat something substantial, but most of the times I am not hungry after that.
    unsweetened green tea! I find when I have a cup of it in the morning i am way less hungry throughout the day.

do you know people wo have milk and sugar in green tea? SRSLY? every time you do that, a little asian girl cries,

27231465.jpg
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    What about hoodia gordonii?
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Green Tea without sugar or milk or small snacks...I eat about 10 almonds and wait 20 minutes if I am still starving then it's time to eat something substantial, but most of the times I am not hungry after that.

do you know people wo have milk and sugar in green tea? SRSLY? every time you do that, a little asian girl cries,

27231465.jpg

Also, I cry.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
  • happythermia
    Options
    Water, caffeine & knitting!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Well, glad to know who reported me - thanks and *hugs* to ya. Just a little levity guys... it wasn't meant to offend.
  • Contrarian
    Options

Well, glad to know who reported me - thanks and *hugs* to ya. Just a little levity guys... it wasn't meant to offend.

There are people on this site who are morbidly obese.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

There are people on this site who are morbidly obese.

its akin to posting pictures of people with cancer as a reason to balance your micronutrients, or pictures of anorexia to tell people to eat more.

they are people and should be treated with the dignity we all deserve.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

I didn't report you. I have way better things to do than tattle tale. Calling you out for your lack of couth was good enough for me.