"Your not going to loose any more weight are you?"

Options
People saying to to me really annoys me :(

People are saying it now to me... I reply with "yes I am because it still fat"

Just because you were used to me being really really fat doesn't mean that now I am less fat that I'm stopping. I say I want to loose another stone or possibly stone and a half and they are aghast.

Do other people get this?

Vicki AKA OMG she's still on a diet <<shocked smiley>>

Replies

• bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why people think weight is an open subject they can discuss but this seems to happen alot. I just reply with 'yes'. I stop at the point i want to stop
  • fit_and_fab_after_kids
    Options
    yep all the time my mum told me the other day she doesn't like the way i look now i was like thanks!
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    I have had that aswell :D

I just say that they wouldn't think that if they saw me naked! hehe always ends that conversation fast ^^
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep, My Gran now thinks I will become anorexic if I lose any more weight
  • supermoo2
    Options
    I hate that comment!!!!! I am now maintaining but got it lots when I still need to lose - almost all are big people so are actually jealous of those who are doing something about their weight!!!!
  • louise294
    louise294 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I just say that they wouldn't think that if they saw me naked! hehe always ends that conversation fast ^^

lol, I'll use this!!
  • samwise29
    samwise29 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I get this alot too. I have lost 2 stone, but I have not got to my goal weight yet, and I haven't got to a weight that I feel happy with.
    I get a bit fed up when people say that and also say you'll make yourself ill if you lose any more weight, even though I have only just got into the "Normal" BMI section.
    I feel that I have about half a stone to a stone left to lose.
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Some people make that comment and also ask me if I am sick. :laugh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It annoys me too tbh, one that got me recently was, my friends met my ex-brother in law out in the pub last weekend and said to them, I saw Dani's pics on facebook, in one way I think she looks beautiful and in another way I think, she should eat a cheeseburger!! It just makes me roll my eyes, I clearly have more weight to lose, not much anymore but I think it's because of the fact that I went from being so big, it was such a big change, that he's/people are used to seeing me so big that when they see I've lost weight they think it's extreme when it's not. Blah
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup. Recently, a so-called friend said I was starting to look like a (and I quote) "lollipop head". Anyone who knows me knows that I am a country mile from lollipop head! Not with THESE shoulders...

But yeah. Haters gonna hate. It's just sad when it comes from fairly close to home - and often due to their own issues.

It always astounds me how openly people ask rather personal questions about weight; like because the change is visible it's a free-for-all. Worst one for me was "have you got cancer?" I mean, HOLY HELL WATDAFUQ.
  • babsb121
    babsb121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hate that comment!!!!! I am now maintaining but got it lots when I still need to lose - almost all are big people so are actually jealous of those who are doing something about their weight!!!!
    My mother goes seamlessly from "you need to lose weight" to "you're not going to lose any more weight, are you?" with no point in between where she's satisfied. Given this sort of lifetime experience, I have learned to ignore similar comments. By far worse are friends who try to feed you up; there's a fine line between keeping control of what you eat & giving offence when someone's gone to a lot of trouble to cook for you.
  • xcoyote
    Options
    Got this all the time when making weight for boxing (75kg), now been gaining weight for some time (muscling up!), I get the opposite "Not gonna get BIGGER are you?".

Jealousy..takes many forms. Annoying yes, even after all these years you'd think I'd be used to all the nonsense comments, but no :-)

P.S

I have found one great way to get people off my back, simply by telling them something dramatic. i.e. "Not getting bigger are you?" Answered with "Yeah, I want to hit 150kg of pure muscle!", they laugh, you laugh, everyone parts ways happily :-P
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Yep I keep getting it every time I see my family (about every fortnight) I'm still in the overweight category and have another 10lbs to lose to be "normal"!!

I dont want to be skinny - just a size UK10 (I'm a UK12 at the minute) but they tell me if I lose any more I'll look too skinny. I just ignore them :)
  • rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i too get this all the time, even though i could loose another 2 stone and still be a normal weight. ive thought a lot about this and how to deal with comments. i have tried every tactic to stop people commenting but it doesnt work.
    i think that people can be jealous but i also think that they cant cope with change and they dont know how to relate to this new slim person that is in front of them. just smile sweetly and know that you will achieve the weight you want to be not what others think.
    i am a lot older than you and i get people say i will look gaunt and old if i loose too much weight. I just think to myself I dont care, I would rather be healthy
    good luck you have done so well and you know there are all these other people on MFP in the same boat supporting you
  • sandra152
    Options
    Yes I do, mostly from people who can't stick to a doet .A bit of the green eyed monster me think's.
  • vickijay
    vickijay Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I often say this too, or I lift my top up a bit and squeeze a bit of podge and say "what about this?!!" Apparently that isn't fat.....WTF of course it is!!!!!!!!!
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    I get this a lot. I'm a UK size 6 but only cause I'm 5ft 1 and very small framed. My wrists are only 5" around! People are constantly telling me how tiny I am and grabbing my waist and balk when they see me eating chicken salad and refusing cake. I get sick of having to justify my food choices to everyone! Yes, I have lost weight but guess what? Gluten upsets my stomach and makes me stink up the office, refined sugar gives me heart palpatations and exercise keeps my depression and anger issues away. DEAL WITH IT!

Also, I went out for a meal recently with my friends and they all pretty much yelled at me when I didn't have pudding even though they know that gluten makes me sick and everything was baked. I ended up having a coffee just to shut them up but it totally ruined the lovely evening we were having
  • vickijay
    Options
    It annoys me too tbh, one that got me recently was, my friends met my ex-brother in law out in the pub last weekend and said to them, I saw Dani's pics on facebook, in one way I think she looks beautiful and in another way I think, she should eat a cheeseburger!! It just makes me roll my eyes, I clearly have more weight to lose, not much anymore but I think it's because of the fact that I went from being so big, it was such a big change, that he's/people are used to seeing me so big that when they see I've lost weight they think it's extreme when it's not. Blah

That's exactly the same as me! Sigh :)
  • vickijay
    Options
    Yup. Recently, a so-called friend said I was starting to look like a (and I quote) "lollipop head". Anyone who knows me knows that I am a country mile from lollipop head! Not with THESE shoulders...

But yeah. Haters gonna hate. It's just sad when it comes from fairly close to home - and often due to their own issues.

It always astounds me how openly people ask rather personal questions about weight; like because the change is visible it's a free-for-all. Worst one for me was "have you got cancer?" I mean, HOLY HELL WATDAFUQ.

I'm shocked at the cancer bit
    :-o
  • vickijay
    Options
    My mother goes seamlessly from "you need to lose weight" to "you're not going to lose any more weight, are you?" with no point in between where she's satisfied. Given this sort of lifetime experience, I have learned to ignore similar comments. By far worse are friends who try to feed you up; there's a fine line between keeping control of what you eat & giving offence when someone's gone to a lot of trouble to cook for you.

I can imagine my mum being the same, we will see!!!