I hate loud Crunches in the office.....

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It's not as bad as working in an open area with women who chat incessantly about their birth stories

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and then repeatedly ask you when you're having kids as if they get amnesia after every time you answer
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    eating celery now :) CRUNCH :)
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Actually.. Thats one of the reasons I dont like going to the cinema.

In silent parts of the movie, all you hear is popcorn crunching/crisping and lip smacking chewing. Or slurping of sodas. Its annoying.

At least I am considerate at the cinema, I get the silent TCBY

I'm sorry, silent what?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My attempt for the win... a guy here is constantly on his personal phone with his lawyer. Bitter divorce going on, but I think he might win in front of the judge. Seems that his soon to be ex-wife attacked him and their child, and is currenltly sitting in Jail waiting to make bail. I'd think he'd want to go into a closed conference room, or at least outdoors for these kinds of phone calls. It's like a soap opera. Now I know why this guy is such as *kitten*, married to wack-a-doodle like that.

like attracts like. I'm sure he's no prize either. :smile:

One of my friends wives hums when shes chewing with her mouth open.
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's a new guy in my office that eats a bag of chips and drinks redbull for breakfast everyday. omg. the smell and the sound. it's awful!! And he's my cubicle mate but doesn't push his chair in. So rude.
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wear headphones and listen to music (loud music) while at to work. Some mornings I forget to put them on, but the coffee slurper who sits across the aisle from me quickly reminds me to put them on!!!
  • BridgetMiko
    BridgetMiko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My cube is right outside a guy's office that eats these large size hard pretzels every day with his mouth open. The kicker is when he asks me a bunch of questions while eating it. I keep debating whether asking him to stop eating while talking to me is rude...
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OMG yessss UGH... I swear my coworker can make marshmallows crunch.. Any one slurping, smacking, crunching AHHHHGGGG
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Fun fact: Irrational feelings of anger triggered by sound is apparently called misophonia.

That said, I totally have this issue too... crunching, smacking, slurping... doesn't even have to be particularly loud either! I jam my headphones in if someone does it nearby. Thankfully my cubemate who smacked her lips when she ate just moved out.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yes, I totally have this problem too. It's not that I'm jealous that they're snacking, and I'm not bothered by foods that typically make noise when you eat them (i.e. celery, carrots, chips, etc.), but it's excessive or rude eating noises that infuriate me. I pretty much love most of my coworkers and get along really well with people. Then this cute little blond girl sitting nearby starts having an AFFAIR with a piece of gum for three hours, and I am suddenly questioning her personality and character. "What kind of maniac chews gum like that?!" "How has her husband not left this crass pig?!" It's so out of character for me! I grew up with my dad eating very loudly and rudely, to the point that it embarrassed me in public. I think it has caused me to be hypersensitive to these kinds of sounds.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    good Heavens yes. I hate it too.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That's some problem....

tumblr_lz7hzkXzgo1r1amgeo1_500.gif
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I swear my coworker can make marshmallows crunch..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I think we work with the same person.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    That's some problem....

It can be psychologically devastating.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    That's some problem....

Skitty ftw!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Can you use earphones and listen to music instead? Or at least noise-canceling earphones without music?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    That's some problem....

Skitty ftw!

Everywhere you loooooooooooook
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    There is a guy who has a lab across the hall from me who whistles idly all day. It makes me irrationally angry. Yesterday's musical selection was "God Bless America", quite out of tune.

This is my office live--whistling or loud talking and laughing when I am trying to concentrate on my work.....
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Can you use earphones and listen to music instead? Or at least noise-canceling earphones without music?

No. But it is not an all day occurance. Just 10 min a day.Still, those 10 minutes....
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction in the staff lounge today and someone was hurrying in to fill their cup full of company-provided coffee.

She rushed in, dodged between people, and ended up getting the last few pumps of the coffee (you know, with all of the bubble noises). She kept hitting the lever again and again and again to get the last few squirts of the coffee.

I swear, if she had not made a new pot (policy is who ever uses the last bit makes a new pot....posters from unhappy coffee drinkers are posted all over the lounge) I would have split in half.