Morning Workouts

Options
13»

Replies

• michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person but I would rather workout in the morning than any other time of day. I started out just doing a three mornings then four and now I workout every morning between 5:15 - 7:00. Give yourself a reward. I would have buy a skinny latte on Friday mornings if I had worked out every morning that week. I learned to love getting up on Fridays! ;) Now I don't think twice about it. I just get up and go and feel good all day! Good Luck!

aw i love this idea! thank you for the motivation :)
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the support and advice! I had my first 6AM workout this morning and I feel great! Here's to making it a habit :) Thanks again, you guys are great!
  • Isaanne
    Isaanne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So nice to see all the other morning workout folks here!

I am up at 4:45 and back from the gym by 6:20. Usually 5 days a week and then on the weekend I mix it up and do other stuff.

If I skip I feel weird.

My issue is that I don't consistently get enough sleep! Need to get to bed earlier...

Happy to be friends with other folks who want AM motivation!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning exerciser and always have been. Yes, I would prefer to be sleeping but it's the only time of the day that I know I will do it so it has to be done then. I go to a gym though so I don't really need to concern myself with darkness or cold. That would certainly be more than enough of a reason to keep me in bed!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4 am and at the gym by 5 am when it opens. Usually I go to bed between 9-10 pm.
    Feel free to friend me, I'll do my best to encourage you if you'll encourage me too!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I much prefer to work out before work, early in the a.m. (4:30) just to knock it out and have it done so I can't miss it later in the day. Plus, an a.m. workout is better than any coffee or energy drink, IMO. There are days, though, when I just can't drag my butt out of bed. I do my workout in the evening on those days, and hate having to deal with it after work. Most mornings when I don't want to get out of bed I think of how much more I don't want to have to work out after work, and I get myself up and moving.

Feel free to add me! I'd also appreciate having someone to share morning workout successes and challenges with.
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do morning workouts. My alarm goes off at 4:20 and 4:27, my gym doesn't open until 5. If I'm there before 5:15, I'm really proud of myself. I have a long commute, so I need to be in the shower by 6 - but I try to get in at least 30 minutes of strength/cardio in the morning and I am in the process of creating the "walk after dinner" habit.

I've never been a morning person, and even now I show up at the gym with my eyes half closed. But I feel great when I leave. If I convince myself to stay in bed, which happens about once a week, I really feel more tired throughout the day. And I don't get any more rest by shutting off snooze every ten minutes. I have to just get up and go.

I started by wearing my workout gear to bed, now I have everything for the next day ready the night before: lunches packed, coffee on timer, gym clothes in the bathroom, work clothes hanging next to my tennis shoes in the living room... it all becomes part of the routine.

Feel free to add me if you want someone to keep you accountable, or just to say hi at 5am.