Better than Visalus? 80

Options

Replies

• shanerg70
    shanerg70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also everyone is not different. No unique special snowflakes. Especially about this topic :P

I said every body. My body is definitely different than yours.

Isofuel, which was linked by SergantSunsh, has only a half of a gram of fiber. It is only whey protein, which doesn't have the amino acids, so they've added them all in. With that in mind, that could be why soy protein isolate IS used in ViSalus' shake mix. Vi is a nutrition shake, not simply a protein shake. So that's not even comparing apples to apples.

ViSalus has 3 different types of protein that are broken down sequentially.
    1) Whey protein hydrolysate, which is considered the gold standard of protein powders.
    2) Whey protein concentrate,
    3) Soy protein isolate with isoflavones (estrogen) removed, aids in gaining muscle and improving body composition. It is one of the few plant-based proteins that provide complete protein, meaning it *contains all of the essential amino acids.*
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I'll be honest. I'm a promoter. I don't have a booming business. I don't "sell" it. Selling it, I feel, is the wrong way to go about this business. I'm promoting it because I found something that works and I want to tell people about it. Too many people are suffering due to their weight. I was there, but I'm getting better. I'm healing and working on me. Making my health, not my weight per-se, a priority. This whole thing is a long journey. So is sharing the products with other people who are in the same boat, who are looking for something that actually works, tastes great, that IS worth spending their hard earned money on, and that doesn't have strict guidelines, pills to pop, potions to drink, etc.

Caring about people is way more more important. The obesity issue in the US is horrendous. I'm proof! We're not active. We want instant gratification. We want cheap & easy! Most of all, we want REAL, sustained results seen in/on real people. People we know, is even better (thus the 3 for free program). That is how this business really is. But because of ViSalus, I am more active, I've learned a ton about food/nutrition, met lots of people on the same journey, and I earn a little extra money which is cool too.

I forgot to add, the stuff you buy at the store, whether it be the grocery store or health food store, can you return it if it's been opened and you don't like it? What if it is almost gone and you don't feel that it worked for you? ViSalus has a 30-day money back guarantee for things like that. You can suspend or change your shipments, so you're not "locked" into anything. It's all in what you make it. I think it's fantastic and the more I learn, the more I feel that way about the products and company.

Feel free to message me to ask questions, get info, etc.

A good friend of mine was a "promoter". She tried to sell me a months supply for $120. Before commiting to that I looked Visalus up on amazon and learned I can get he same supply for $80. When I told her about it she stopped being a promoter for the company and began ordering from amazon too. Despite being enrolled in the program she never got anything free.

I dont understand where spending an extra $40 per month to buy from a promoter will be a valid expense.

I think Visalus is a fabulous product! I have been using since July and have almost 35lbs.

My household recently went from 2 income to one and I am trying to whittle my budget down where I can. It is not abou Visalus not being worth it . . . I am just trying to pinch my pennies a little more.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I just thought that with all the anti Vislus people on this site claiming there are better shake mixes out there I would get a plethora of suggestions!

Where are you all now?
    Blender. Real food.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Gaspari, Syntrax, Optimum Nutrition, Trutein, all solid choices and way better than that garbage.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Also everyone is not different. No unique special snowflakes. Especially about this topic :P

I said every body. My body is definitely different than yours.

Isofuel, which was linked by SergantSunsh, has only a half of a gram of fiber. It is only whey protein, which doesn't have the amino acids, so they've added them all in. With that in mind, that could be why soy protein isolate IS used in ViSalus' shake mix. Vi is a nutrition shake, not simply a protein shake. So that's not even comparing apples to apples.

ViSalus has 3 different types of protein that are broken down sequentially.
    1) Whey protein hydrolysate, which is considered the gold standard of protein powders.
    2) Whey protein concentrate,
    3) Soy protein isolate with isoflavones (estrogen) removed, aids in gaining muscle and improving body composition. It is one of the few plant-based proteins that provide complete protein, meaning it *contains all of the essential amino acids.*

What specific nutrition does it give that I cannot get with a multi? And where are you getting that whey does not have amino acids - you do realize its starting point is milk don't you?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The $99 kit = 2 shakes a day. $49 = 1 shake/day. There isn't any kit for $120, so I can't speak to that.

At any rate, you must compare apples to apples. I looked for something comparable that cost less, and didn't find anything. If you go cheaper, you get less (quantity, quality..something missing). There is nothing the same out there for less money, and I think you're seeing that.

You said you've had good results, you love the product and your household has gone from 2 incomes to 1. I would highly recommend that *you* become a promoter, so you can get your product for free AND get paid for referring people to the Challenge.

Don't base your success someone else's success or failure. The company has a tremendous amount of training and a fabulous Vi Family. If you get under someone good (not recommending who your friend was under), they'll help you get your product free and make $ referring others.

You can buy a lot of things off Amazon. But a lot of those things don't come with the same guarantees/return policies, etc. as buying straight from the company.

My ON is $54 for 5lb - 77 servings. It gives 24g of protein for 120 cals - pro-rate that down to 90 cals = 18g protein. There is 77 servings in my tub - pro-rate that again = approx 103 servings - 54c a day (assuming a serving a day)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar Sweets Whey Protein powder

28g = 100cal, 23g protein, 0g everything else. Tastes pretty good, too.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk protein powder. I get a big bottle of it from Costco for about 40 bucks and it will last me and my husband a few months - and we both use it almost every day.

The breakdown for one scoop is:
    150 calories
    16 g protein
    9 g carbs
    2 g fiber
    2 g sugar
    6 g of fat

Just split the scoop in half for less calories/macros.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Protein powder from Costco. 80 servings for $50.
  • shanerg70
    Options
    Gaspari, Syntrax, Optimum Nutrition, Trutein, all solid choices and way better than that garbage.

Back up your "garbage" opinion, and explain how/why you feel these are better than ViSalus.
  • shanerg70
    Options
    And where are you getting that whey does not have amino acids - you do realize its starting point is milk don't you?

My apologies for that. I of course, can't find where I found that, to go back and re-read it. I read a lot of info on other products yesterday. I know I was on the topic of soy protein.. Obviously confused something!!! D'oh! :-O
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I just thought that with all the anti Vislus people on this site claiming there are better shake mixes out there I would get a plethora of suggestions!

Where are you all now?
    Blender. Real food.

What a novel idea! I had never in 27 years of struggling with this stomach condition thought of this . . .

To all the people offering helpful suggstions . . . thank you! :)
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I've done the chocolate and strawberry and like both flavors.

93 calories
    .3 g fat
    2.3 g carbs
    .7g sugar
    20g protein

Not sure how much it costs as I always buy it with my gold card and usually when its on sale. Other cheaper options include stuff you can find at your supermarket, I've used body fortress before (I wasn't a huge fan of taste really) and optimum nutrition which are all generally 120-140 cals per serving and 20-30g of protein per scoop.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't drink Body by Vi, I've never had it and know nothing about it, just answering your questions. Another option is to look up green smoothies (skinnytaste.com has a bunch that are delish) and make them with greek yogurt.

Edit to add: I only use a protein powder post workout, so as far as nutrition for a meal, I would suggest if you're going to use it mixing in real food into the blender as well or looking into smoothies/shakes made with mostly natural products, you can get the same amount of protein for just a little bit more calories by using greek yogurt or cottage cheese in your shakes and you can add in a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you can handle drinking a Visalus shake then you should be able to make your own smoothie with real food. You might need to experiment a bit at first but I think anyone that can choke down one of those "shakes" should be able to make something much better at home.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    If you can handle drinking a Visalus shake then you should be able to make your own smoothie with real food. You might need to experiment a bit at first but I think anyone that can choke down one of those "shakes" should be able to make something much better at home.

Feel free to suggest a home made shake mix that is easy to transport (I am always on the go, working ant an emergency medical facility 40+ hours per week and traveling 100+miled per week to care for my disabled Father. I spend maybe 10 non sleepin hours at home per week), does not contain anything diffcult to digest (fruits and veggies kill me if eaten at the wrong time of day), keeps well, and is reasonaby nutritious, low in calories and high in protein.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Back up your "garbage" opinion, and explain how/why you feel these are better than ViSalus.

Try them, and you'll never think about that Visalus crap again. I recommend Gaspari Myofusion Milk Chocolate first, it's delicious.
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I prefer Shakeology, all natural with more nutrients than is available in even Visalus. I have a great comparison chart, if you are interested in it. . It compares not only the Vi shakes, but SEVERAL other shakes on the market. It's what I drink daily and it's made a big difference in my body.

Alissa

***POST EDITED BY STAFF in response to guideline 14 ***
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I prefer Shakeology, all natural with more nutrients than is available in even Visalus. I have a great comparison chart, if you are interested in it. Please feel free to message me. It compares not only the Vi shakes, but SEVERAL other shakes on the market. It's what I drink daily and it's made a big difference in my body. Again, I'm not sure if it's ok to post that link in the forums so if you'd like me to send it to you, just message me. :)

Alissa

You are not really selling the stuff are you? No...coz that would be against the rules!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Feel free to suggest a home made shake mix that is easy to transport (I am always on the go, working ant an emergency medical facility 40+ hours per week and traveling 100+miled per week to care for my disabled Father. I spend maybe 10 non sleepin hours at home per week), does not contain anything diffcult to digest (fruits and veggies kill me if eaten at the wrong time of day), keeps well, and is reasonaby nutritious, low in calories and high in protein.

Maybe we could be more help if you explained more about what your dietary issue is. Is it digesting whole foods, can you handle juices, dairy, etc?
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the chocolate verson of this: http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Meal.aspx... Yes it has more calories and carbs and is more expensive, but everything is organic and all natural... it has a LOT more protein, and pretty much your full daily recommended vitamins and minerals... Nothing synthetic, pestisides, etc... figured it was worth a try... plus regular meal replacement meals don't fill me up until the next meal