Property Virgin..

Options

Replies

• SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just put an offer on a half a mill house... hopefully I get it :)

Decrease weight, increase debt. Smart.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That would get you a townhouse here.

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

have you looked at how much housing has gone up in Langley?
    You can get a really crappy house here for 500K or a really tiny one.

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

f1205400_1.jpg?PhotoId=634822223130000000

THATS A 500k HOUSE WHERE YOU LIVE?? wow! You need to move....your getting ripped off, lol

$500k house in my town:

1020382_1.jpg
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

THATS A 500k HOUSE WHERE YOU LIVE?? wow! You need to move....your getting ripped off, lol

$500k house in my town:

1020382_1.jpg

yeah that'd be like a 3 million dollar house here..haha
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

What a brilliant statement. Have you done a comp in her area?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    That's pretty expensive..
    nah, they probably throw out half a mil loans to anybody making 50K or more with decent cred. now-a-days.

We got approved for 300K off my 20K grad. student stipend (we're in a house tha cost half that though).

Ha, that' awsome. Same thing happened to me. I was like "Really!?", "How about we stick with the 190K I came in for and I'll stay in the house for more than 6 months".

me being me, when discussing the length (15 vs. 30) and rate we qualified for on our home loan and the options for so much down vs. monthly payments and all that, I straight told the guy "our goal is to make your company as little money as possible".

I just wanted the letter that said we qualified for 190 so we could offer.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rockville, Maryland for $499k

picture-uh=266395dabb1dfe1516f9cf68e01875-ps=3db73b4aa1ff8198c1ada783436c8eb-10028-Sterling-Ter-Rockville-MD-20850.jpg

I live further out than this so I can have a bigger house. I'm thinking about moving out even further.
  • melsmith612
    Options

$500k house in my town:

1020382_1.jpg

I wouldn't even buy it for $500k. Anything that expensive better come with its own zip code or I'm looking elsewhere. :tongue:
  • AimersBee
    Options

$500k house in my town:

1020382_1.jpg

I wouldn't even buy it for $500k. Anything that expensive better come with its own zip code or I'm looking elsewhere. :tongue:

high wages = expensive property
    that or... desired area = expensive property
    which in turn this place is only desired due to wages
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Okay, while 500K is a lot of money, it's unrealistic to expect to be able to buy your own zip code FOR that amount. Anywhere. Anytime. Any country. Any economy. :P
  • melsmith612
    Options

Okay, while 500K is a lot of money, it's unrealistic to expect to be able to buy your own zip code FOR that amount. Anywhere. Anytime. Any country. Any economy. :P

Two words: Eastern Europe
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    If you're not paying it all in cash, I'm not impressed.

^^this.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's really interesting to see what 500k gets you in different places, here you'd get an 18th century farmhouse with acres of land!!! My little house didn't cost anywhere near that and I have 4 bedrooms, I'd have to sell a limb or two to pay the mortgage on 500k alone!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    perfect diet...buy house, no money left for food...voila! weight loss!
  • AimersBee
    Options
    If you're not paying it all in cash, I'm not impressed.

^^this.

it's not about impressing.. i was only posting as i was nervous... wasn't boasting by any means.. lol
  • AimersBee
    Options
    ANYWAYSSSSSSSSS.. THEY ACCEPTED MY OFFER! WOO WOO!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We also live in a very expensive neighborhood (though we are not rich by any means). We live in a tourist hot-spot so home-prices here are absurdly high.

Buying your first house is stressful and exciting. Good luck to you!

EDIT: just saw they accepted. CONGRATS!
  • melsmith612
    Options

$500k house in my town:

1020382_1.jpg

high wages = expensive property
    that or... desired area = expensive property
    which in turn this place is only desired due to wages

As I get older, I value open space and privacy more and more. I'm actually hoping to buy house #4 within the next 5 years... but only if we can find something affordable with 2+ acres. I'm sick of hearing my neighbors' screaming toddlers.
  • melsmith612
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'll drink to that! :drinker: Congrats!!!!!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Congratulations!!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    We should be friends....hurry touch me!!
    Congrats!