0 Calorie Spray Butter NOT GOOD FOR YOU

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a quack. Do some research:

http://www.randi.org/site/jref-news/1260-pigasus-2011
    The Media Pigasus Award goes to Dr. Mehmet Oz, who has done such a disservice to his TV viewers by promoting quack medical practices that he is now the first person to win a Pigasus two years in a row. Dr. Oz is a Harvard-educated cardiac physician who, through his syndicated TV show, has promoted faith healing, "energy medicine," and other quack theories that have no scientific basis. Oz has appeared on ABC News to give legitimacy to the claims of Brazilian faith healer “John of God,” who uses old carnival tricks to take money from the seriously ill. He's hosted Ayurvedic guru Yogi Cameron on his show to promote nonsense "tongue examination" as a way of diagnosing health problems. This year, he really went off the deep end. In March 2011, Dr. Oz endorsed "psychic" huckster and past Pigasus winner John Edward, who pretends to talk to dead people. Oz even suggested that bereaved families should visit psychic mediums to receive (faked) messages from their dead relatives as a form of grief counseling.

All I can say is OMG. That is so wrong of him to do that to people. Many will blindly waste what little money they have doing this crap.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this valuable information!! Ignore the haters
  • tamhencam
    tamhencam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    fake butter = :devil:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I assume you are referring to Diacetyl which occurs naturally in beer and wine as well as some dairy by way of the fermentation process.

While there is conjecture, there are no studies that this causes issues linked to Alzheimer's and the only safety issue is with regard to people who work in places that manufacture it due to the large dosages.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I don't really care about Dr. Oz, but this information is correct. Diet butter spreads/sprays are made up of preservatives and chemicals and they aren't healthy at all. You're much better off just using real butter, but using a little less of it.

Examples?
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with coconut oil! I eat at least 2 tablespoons a day and I'm losing weight! I try and tell everyone about it but they get scared when they see the fat.... even though it says saturated fat it's a different kind.... burns faster and revs your met..... you probably already knew this but I love saying it
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see the segment on DR OZ

Thanks for putting this at the beginning so I knew to stop reading.:flowerforyou:
    ^^This.

Srsly.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see the segment on DR OZ where he talked about.......
    badass.jpg
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't supposed he mentioned what a harmful dose would be?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I'm in love with coconut oil! I eat at least 2 tablespoons a day and I'm losing weight! I try and tell everyone about it but they get scared when they see the fat.... even though it says saturated fat it's a different kind.... burns faster and revs your met..... you probably already knew this but I love saying it

It revs your met? How?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Aspartame causes cancer.
  • throgmar
    throgmar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's not science.

No, really. If you use it, you'll DIE!!!

And, what's worse, it'll put you in....

STARVATION MODE!!!!! (duhn duhn daaaaaah!!!!)
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you talk on your cell phone too much or use the microwave too often you're going to get radiation poisoning
    Not if you wear a tinfoil hat...DUH!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    everything out there is going to have a study that links it to something awful... tell you what is proved to kill people heart disease and obesity is the one biggest direct risk factor bar smoking. A lady asked me today if her nicotine replacement therapy was 'safe'. I told her I cannot prove that NRT is safe but I can prove its a hell of a lot safer than the 66 cancer causing toxic chemicals she inhales. You fat spray is the same... your question is what will kill you quicker obesity or the low cal spray ( whether or not back by research) its comman knowldeg that being overweight impacts on your health anmd causes premature death...spray away...
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I never thought about spreading coconut oil on toast... I think I will try this.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Aspartame causes cancer.

True story!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

STOP with the misinformation....thanks
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    But real butter is messy when I use it on my George Foreman grill.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    The air we breathe is full of toxins that may cause the same diseases. That being said, I'm putting 10 sprays of butter on my veggies tonight in protest of Dr. Oz.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i tend to not take notice of foods recommended then told to avoid. a few years ago egg was getting bad press apparently they were terrible for us and could cause cancer. now we are told eggs are fine! before that it was bread. all foods are fine in moderation whether its full fat butter or spray, nothing in excess is good x