Spagetti Squash?

Options
124»

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm literally hooked on it now. At first, texture was an issue but I got over it in like, 10 seconds after my first bite. Since I discovered how to prepare it, I've had it at least twice a week since the gourd gives me enough noodles to cover dinner AND lunch the next day. Best discovery EVER. <3 I've only had it with red pasta sauce so far, though. I'm not sure how it will be with an alfredo sauce or anything.
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been looking for good spaghetti squash recipes.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bake in the oven until tender and then just use a fork to scrape the inside, It shreds into threads, similar to pasta
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love IT!!!!
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It's different but for some reason it satisfies the past craving perfectly. Hard to explain. I tried it amonth or so ago and make it frequently now to me it is a better tasting and consistency than wheat pasta.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It isn't at all like spaghetti. Don't let it trick you!
  • ladyepanda
    ladyepanda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds good
  • ladyepanda
    ladyepanda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I love:

Spaghetti Squash & Spinach
    2.5 cups cooked spaghetti squash strands (removed with fork; from 1.5lb squash)
    2tsp olive oil
    ½ cup Ricotta cheese
    ½ cup cottage cheese
    10oz spinach
    2Tbsp pine nuts
    Sautee spaghetti squash strands in 2tsp olive oil
    Mix in Ricotta and cottage cheese and 10oz spinach
    Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp pine nuts

Do you cook the spinach?
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am making spaghetti squash for dinner tonight. I absolutely love it. My family is so-so with it. But, its good for them. There are several recipes out there try all recipes.com I also use the Shirataki noodles too once you get over the initial odor they taste just fine. Good luck
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitnessLover27
    Options
    This sounds delicious! If anyone has more tried & true recipes to share, please do!
    Here's a recipe I love:

Spaghetti Squash & Spinach
    2.5 cups cooked spaghetti squash strands (removed with fork; from 1.5lb squash)
    2tsp olive oil
    ½ cup Ricotta cheese
    ½ cup cottage cheese
    10oz spinach
    2Tbsp pine nuts
    Sautee spaghetti squash strands in 2tsp olive oil
    Mix in Ricotta and cottage cheese and 10oz spinach
    Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp pine nuts
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I love it, it's super easy to make in the microwave. But it's nothing like spaghetti. It's crunchy and the texture is totally different. I actually like it better now.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi, After reading the thread I decided to make it last night because I was making 3 chicken breast on the barbeque grill and decided to prepare the spagetti sqash.

I cut them in half and wrapped them in tin foil. I prepared them three way for the bosses to try.

First was plain.... It was ok added a spray of butter.
    Second was with teaspoon of light cream cheese and blended italian herb...I liked it but the rest not so much.
    Third was prepared with tomato sause and parmesean cheese.

I will make it again - It smelled great on the grill.

Thank you all so much for all your tips :)
  • sgv0918
    Options
    hAD it for supper tonight with meat sauce. I am stuffed. soooooo good. I was a skeptic!!!! I am sold.
  • sgv0918
    Options
    i cut it in 1/2 scooped out the seeds and baked it rind side up at 375 for 50 min. it was great