Do you eat your exercise calories?!?!?!?

Options
Do you eat your exercise calories?!?!?!?

Replies

• akmlebre
    akmlebre Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NO!!! thats all towards my weight loss...lol
  • paulasnchz
    paulasnchz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great question! I struggle with this... I personally try not to eat the extra calories. But if I have a bad day, I do.
  • paulasnchz
    paulasnchz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL Akm!
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was eating back some, but i'm pushing to hit my goal before xmas, so at the moment, no i'm not eating them back.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I do if I'm hungry. I've lost 40lbs so far so I'd say it's working. :)
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No, I will eat my calories back when I'm in maintence, but not during the weight loss process
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No i dont
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I typically do or at least most of them...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep and enjoying every last one of them!!! Best of Luck... :drinker:
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sometimes accidently , only by a 100 usually! But kinda figure thats what the exercise is for....to create a burn that deletes fat from my body not so I can eat more!!!
  • Puzz1e
    Options
    Its all about consistency and medium/long term sustainability. In general I try not to consume back my exercise calories - but If I am really hungry and/or feel I need extra energy for upcoming workout I may consume some/all of the burn calories
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes. Most days I don't, however, sometimes I feel really hungry and eat back some of those cal. However in the same aspect I don't always hit my min for the day without the exercise cal. so I think at the end of a week it all averages out
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I don't. I will if hungry but I go to the gym after I have eaten my meals for the day. I go around 8 pm after I put my little one down for bed. Do what works best for u. Some say eat them and it works for them some say don't. Some eat a banana before an exercise and some have protein for a post exercise.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually do.

Word of advice tot he newbies. If you have a small amount of weight to lose eating them back is not counter-productive! However, make sure you are measuring all your food and only eat back all of them if you use a HRM if you're going by estimates on MFP or gym equipment only eat back half to 75%. When you have just a few pounds to lose chances that 1200 is already below your BMR are pretty good and eating well below your BMR for a long time isn't that good for you. So if you're at a 1200 calorie goal and you exercise 500 calories off that's only leaving 700 for the day for you body to work with and that is not sustainable.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do. if what MFP gave me is the amount i need to lose anything, why not?
  • jodi41086
    Options
    i eat most of them i still lose just not as quickly. i think im losing pretty quick though. more then im supposed to each week. im always hungry
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I usually try not to and in any case strength training calories aren’t counted, so in a way that is good. Though I do try and walk more to compensate, in case I eat a few extra calories in a day.
  • SDStafford
    SDStafford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much I exercise, and how much I've eaten. If I put in an hour on the bike, it's a thousand Kcals, and given the 500 calorie deficit my goal represents, I'm usually Hungry! I try to just eat back enough so that I'm not starving, and I often wind up with around a thousand calories under my maintenance level if I do it right. Nothing burns cals like bike riding!
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I normally do not. I like to have them there for "emergencies" if I go over for the day..lol
  • danaweston
    Options
    you can eat them back but in my experience that causes weight loss to stall to a stop:grumble: