Weird concoctions you love?

Options
So tell me about the weird food combinations you've come up with on the fly that have turned out really fabulous.

Last week at work one of my friends made a sandwich out of:
-Orowheat Sandwich Thin
-Mustard
-Veganaise
-sliced Avocado
-sliced Strawberries

At first I was revolted. But she badgered me into taking a bite and it was tasty!

Tonight I just threw together a sandwich of:
-toasted Orowheat Sandwich Thin
-Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
-sliced Pink Lady Apple

It was pretty darn good.

So fess up! Tell me your weird food combinations so I can give them a try.

Replies

• raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    carrots and almond butter. it is completely addicting!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    For breakfast... I love 2 egg whites "fried" in a spray of olive oil cooking spray. I take 2 Wasa fiber crackers and use a teaspoon of mayonnaise between them (so not much on either one) - then put the eggs on top of the crackers. It's a good hit of protein, fat and fiber first thing in the morning... and I love the crunch.

For lunch... I found this great cranberry and wasabi sauce made by Silver Spring - I like to mix 2 teaspoons of it (20 calories) with a cup of Dole Coleslaw mix. I put this on sandwiches or use it as a bed for a small serving of chicken... it's good fiber and very tasty.

And my latest favorite is brown rice mixed with edamame.... YUMMMM - good combo of textures and again, a good hit of protein!
  • efrazee
    efrazee Posts: 3
    Options
    that sounds so good! I'm going to try to be a little more adventurous tomorrow!
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    broccoli slaw
    ground beef with a tiny bit of taco seasoning cooked in
    crunched up taco shell
    1 tbsp of catalina dressing
    (sometimes cheese)

= TACCOLI SALAD!
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The taccoli salad sounds awesome!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    a cup of Kashi Go Lean cereal
    a 6 oz container of Yoplait non fat White Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt
    1/2 container of Premier Protein Shake, or 4 oz of Bolthouse Chocolate Protein drink

This is fantastic as a meal for breakfast, but reduce the portions to 1/2 cup of cereal, and 1/2 the yogurt, and a bit less on the protein shake and you have a fantastic tasty snack or dessert.

Weird but good.

BTW, thanks for the tip about edemame and brown rice. Never thought of putting them together, but it makes sense.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not that I can eat this anymore ...

I used to love peanut butter & mayonnaise sandwiches, with dill pickle relish and lettuce (on white bread preferably).

Most people I've met find it repulsive, but it really is pretty tasty.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine loves mayo and banana sandwiches. I tried a bite once and it wasn't my cup of tea.
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    apples and peanut butter. one of my fav snacks. came up with it when i ran out of bananas for my usual bananas and peanut butter. haha
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1/2 container of Premier Protein Shake, or 4 oz of Bolthouse Chocolate Protein drink

This is fantastic as a meal for breakfast, but reduce the portions to 1/2 cup of cereal, and 1/2 the yogurt, and a bit less on the protein shake and you have a fantastic tasty snack or dessert.

Weird but good.

BTW, thanks for the tip about edemame and brown rice. Never thought of putting them together, but it makes sense.

I mix Kashi Go-lean crunch with activia light vanilla, and dip a banana in it. Pretty freaking delicious, and a good change from always drinking milk with cereal.
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I like putting egg whites in my oatmeal which some people find weird, but it kind of makes it like custard. Sometimes I put in canned pumpkin or cooked banana or cinnamon too. Cheez whiz and jam on toast is a gooder too. Sour cream on fruit with some splenda. I guess maybe I think this things are weird but they're not that bad. I use to like mayo on toast though thats a little weird.
  • gin_rei
    gin_rei Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made this for my baby. Now it's my favorite breakfast. Plain yogurt, a spoonful of almond butter, and a banana all mushed together. Delightful.

By the way, thanks for making me feel less odd for my childhood love for mayo and strawberry jelly sandwiches.
  • PCOSucks
    PCOSucks Posts: 15
    Options
    PopSecret 100 calorie minibags and light or fat free Italian dressing. Sounds weird, but I drizzle a little over the popcorn and occasionally add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. It's DELICIOUS!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    cheetos& guacamole .....................Yummy!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

Weird but good.

I mix Kashi Go-lean crunch with activia light vanilla, and dip a banana in it. Pretty freaking delicious, and a good change from always drinking milk with cereal.

These both sound really good.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    back when I was in highschool and working at subway I would make either a sandwhich with the mayo, pickles and black olives or just a piece of cheese a dap of mayo and a pickle on it.

another one popcorn with a hand full of m&m's mixed in.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I like to take a toasted whole wheat english muffin, top it with peanut butter and dunk it in alfredo sauce :love:
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I miss sushi. Not that it's necessarilly bad for yme, but I always overeat when I go out for sushi, so I make a "Shrimp Snack' that I have to satisfy those cravings.

I mix shrimp, Krab, Fake Lobster meat with chopped green onions, a little mayo (lite) and chili paste. I dish it into 4 oz servings. It's about 130 calories.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Apple butter on Pumpernickel.

Peanut butter - banana - mayo sandwich.

Bologna-cheese-mustard-potato chip sandwich. Potato chips IN the sandwich. It crunches!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Bologna-cheese-mustard-potato chip sandwich. Potato chips IN the sandwich. It crunches!

This just brought back my childhood - one of my FAVES growing up. I used to always put chips in my sandwiches! :happy: