Favorite Chicken Breast Marinades or toppings?

Options

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Lazy = lemon & garlic, grilled. Slightly less lazy: add a lazy tzatziki (Greek yogurt, garlic, dill if I have it)

Otherwise, grilled with Korean marinade
    (eg http://prettytastythings.com/2012/03/korean-style-marinated-grilled-chicken/ )

Moroccan currently a favourite. Right now I have a ton of dried prunes, which I call dried plums, so put them in this:
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/moroccan-chicken-thighs-10000001696612/
  • _Dani_Girl_
    Options
    Last night I got a few things from Trader Joe's: Simply Grilled chicken strips (refrigerated section), a jar of their Salsa Autentica and some sharp cheddar cheese shreds. I put the chicken on a plate, poured salsa over it and topped with some cheese. Nuked until heated through and cheese melted. I am low carb (no grains) so it's my version of chicken enchiladas. Super fast and easy. I also take this to work for lunch.
  • ferrarigrrl
    ferrarigrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just tried a new applewood dry rub. I heat up the cast iron on medium-high, spray with Pam, then toss on the rubbed chicken and sear each side. Then cover, lower the heat to med-low and let it finish cooking to an internal temp of around 150-155 (I think 165 is the recommended temp for killing salmonella, but if you wait til it hits that before removing from heat the meat dries out) then allow to sit about 5 minutes before serving. These turned out super tender and juicy and the rub has just the right amount of heat and sweet.

We usually get a few different rubs and trade them out to mix-up the chicken a little without adding too many extra calories. Some of the recipes up in here sound super delicious though and I may have to experiment with a few. Good thread!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    never even thought of using a dry rub .... will be hunting for some now.. and love the mock enchilada too (have to watch carbs and sugar too due to Type II diabetes).. and the yogurt one .. love the ideas, tyvm!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • srawson82
    Options
    I like to cut a hole in the breast and stuff it with a little garlic and herb light Philadelphia and bake it wrapped in foil and you end up with a sauce from the juices.
  • swells1604
    swells1604 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like to cut a hole in the breast and stuff it with a little garlic and herb light Philadelphia and bake it wrapped in foil and you end up with a sauce from the juices.

I'm going to have to try this one!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nando's Peri Peri sauce is one of my favorites. I don't think it's very well known in the US but when I was in South Africa they had it everywhere and it's addicting!

http://www.nandosusa.com/
  • ecsmithbrisbane
    ecsmithbrisbane Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump for later : )
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It may not. Be the healthiest, but Trader Joes makes a super yummy masala simmer sauce.
    In the crockpot I sometimes use salsa and a packet of taco seasoning, lime, and cilantro,
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Why not use something else for your protein? Like Peanut butter with your breakfast? Or have fish instead of chicken?
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    one of many i like is

put breasts in a pan, dump salsa on top, bake until almost done, pull out and top with a sprinkle of mozzarella then cook until done. (more specific instructions would be based on oven type and chicken type/thickness)
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-chicken-breasts/

To cook it, I create a "pouch" for the chicken out of tin foil and bake it. Keeps the juices in and the chicken is SO TENDER! I then cut them to serving sizes and freeze them for my lunches during the week. Just be careful pulling it out of the oven. I've had one split on me before and it made a HUGE mess :(
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try a tikka masala curry sauce. It's actually surprisingly low-cal. and the taste will change you life! It is so amazing! I usually serve it over rice or have homemade naan on the side, but it's just as good on its own if you're aiming for low carb meals.

This is the pre-made sauce that made me fall head over heels in love with Indian food!

http://www.ranisworldfoods.com/pataks-tikka-masala-sauce-15oz/?gclid=CJzJ0NyowLMCFUeRPAodBlUAww
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    pesto
    sweet n sour sauce
    mustard herb glaze (use dijon and italian seasonings)
    greek yogurt with lemon juice and fresh dill
    mango salsa
    blackened with cayenne (good with rice and beans)
    lightly breaded and drizzled with honey (by the way you can use tons of things for breading like whole wheat crackers etc)
    stuffed with ham & cheese (cordon bleu)
    cilantro and lime with cayenne
    paprika, onions and peppers (chicken paprikash)
    brown sugar, mustard, bit of soy sauce
    blackberry puree
    dried cranberries and pecans...........................................
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jhutch2011
    jhutch2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to bake chicken breasts with teriyaki marinade and put sliced pineapples on top! YUM!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    almost forgot one of my faves - coconut chicken. lightly bread with shredded coconut. Use coconut milk and egg white for the wash.