Sounds/noises you cannot tolerate?

Options

Replies

• spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    People coughing incessantly, or constantly clearning their throats. One of my co-workers always does it all the time...
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    This one girl that went to my school had this super high pitched AND she talked through her nose.. I swear the sound of this girls voice made you wanna punch a wall! I'm sure she was a nice girl but, i just couldn't be around her.. I know it sounds mean but,seriously take fran fines voice from the nanny multiply it by 10 and make it high pitched on top of that .
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When the dog decides to lick herself in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep. I kick her off the bed.

^^ This annoys me the most and not just at night, through the day, the licking noise is soo disghusting I have to tell the dogs to stop or they get put in another room.

Also Ticking clocks especially at night, drive me mad
  • puddlesiam
    puddlesiam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The noise people make when they are trying to get something out of their teeth with their tongue...drives me up the wall !

The very loud clock on the wall that has the most annoying "tick tick tick" noise in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get to sleep !
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Chewing anything crunchy.

I had a cubicle neighbor for a few months that would eat at her desk, and I don't know what she had (carrots?), but every time she bit down into whatever it was, it sounded like she broke her jaw and shattered her teeth. It gave me the creeps.

THIS!

my colleague does the same thing and it makes me want to bat her over the head!!!

that and people who make disgusting noises while they eat - often with their mouths open.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    The noise people make when they are trying to get something out of their teeth with their tongue...drives me up the wall !

The very loud clock on the wall that has the most annoying "tick tick tick" noise in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get to sleep !

i'm the same! can not sleep w the tick tock sound. i have removed peoples clocks from the wall while staying over as it annoyed me so much :D same reason i dont wear a wrist watch
  • mstorm31605
    Options
    my 6 yr old grinding his teeth while he sleeps, worst noise EVER!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    People that talk while eating. You can hear the smacking, chewing, wet sounds of food, ugh. So gross.

People that burp/belch loudly in public on purpose. So gross and rude.

When a radio or tv station goes in and out. Very irritating.
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My new "pet peeve" is the constant sound of our little dogs running around on our hardwood floors. It is non stop and it is really getting on my nerves lately. We put up a kiddie gate to keep the noise on one side of the house. Time to get them declawed.
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Lawnmowers and weedwackers early in the morning.

Screaming children at stores

Dogs barking outside for no reason

when a tv is left on all night with the amp on (shut it the hell off!)
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    knife sharpening
    utensils scraped on a plate.
    crying/yelling children
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    People biting their nails, I have been known to tap a complete stranger on the shoulder and ask them to refrain from eating themselves before- its ok if i can get away from it, but in the bus, or in meetings...:explode:

Screaming bratty kids, and even more so the mothers responses to screaming bratty kid which is either (said in a soppy voice) 'oh dont do that' or screaming back at the kid in an equally unreasonable way :huh:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    People singing out of tune at karaokes, makes me wanna throw a stainless steel shoes at their faces :explode:
  • Reghan10
    Options
    I cannot stand the sound of an alram clock.....it makes me want to beat my Fiance because he hits snooze literally 10 times! I Absolutely HATE listening to people eat, the slurpping, sighing, smacking, and the nom-nom-noming makes me gag. I also hate when kids scream and scream and scream while parents do nothing. And anything that is loud I startle easily lol
  • Reghan10
    Options
    the sound of macaroni and cheese being stirred, goes right through me. and whistling, i hate whistling. crying babies and screaming children too

I hate the sound of macaroni and cheese being stirred too...but my fiance wont cook so I have to do it lol
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    People eating in general.....if I'm eating at the same time it's OK cos I can't hear them; if I'm not eating, I want to leave the room.
    Holding anything metal with teeth sets my teeth on edge & turns my stomach
    Any high pitched whining
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    - Short nails scraping on paper. (My teeth are on edge as I'm typing this)
    - People sniffing when they've blatantly got a dry bogie stuck up their nose.
    - People doing that kissing noise when they're sucking a boiled sweet.
    - People keep lifting their mouse and then slamming it back down on the desk.

I'm irritable. :D

Oh and chomping and when people sound like they've got a megaphone in their mouth when they're eating. OH and grinding teeth.
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Humming - Drives me nuts.

and lip smacking - bleh!!!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Any eating related noise

Obnoxious loud exhausts (especially when fitted to crap little gutless cars)

Kids screaming in shops, if i can take my kids back to the car til they shut the hell up why can't other people?

Drake
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    The only thing I absolutely can't stand and have to walk away from is people brushing their teeth... I can't stand that sound!!