THE GROUND IS LAVA ~!

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Your lava game is a lot more interesting than mine. When I'm on the various gym "machines", I "play" with the maths, constantly setting myself mini goals until the total time is up - e.g. "I burned an average of 10 calories per minute for the last mile, if I hang on at that pace until 4.3 of those little "progress bars" on my screen have been gobbled down, then that is half of the sneakycroissant that I gobbled this morning, GONE".

See - not very interesting, but it keeps my motivation up!

I am numbers-obsessed as well and will definitely play these sorts of games when I'm on any equipment! I will set mini-goals as far as distance, time, average time, calories burnt, etc and then keep making new games once I accomplish one, on and on until my workout is finished and/or I pass out/puke/both.

The lava game is useful for outside when I don't have a big red digital number flashing in my face. :laugh:
  • auroranflash
    Options
    You live in a volcano OP?

No, I'm actually Mega Man and Dr. Wily is on the loose again!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I really might play The Ground is Lava at work today.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Although I totally thought this was going to refer to the game we played when we were children!
    It sort of does. I just have ulterior (fitness) motives now. :laugh: Trying to make being an adult suck a little less.
    This is always admirable. I'm not a runner yet, but I like have a whole Zelda-themed system to track my goals. It makes doing adult things nerdy and awesome.

WHAT IS THIS SYSTEM PLEASE EXPLAIN IT THOROUGHLY
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO playing this game!!!!!!
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Lampposts - get to the next lamppost, then you can stop. But then I get to the next lamppost and challenge myself again. Then, when I am completely shot, I alternate between walking to the next lamppost, run to the next one.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

I've had a crush on you for years, no homo.
  • BlueInkDot
    Options
    I imagine I'm dancing. I keep time to the music, and if I have a half mile left, I tell myself, "That's less than 5 minutes. I can keep dancing for five more minutes... that's just like one long song!"

OOOOOOOO I REALLY like that one!!!! :D *dancedancedancedance!*
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Although I totally thought this was going to refer to the game we played when we were children!

It sort of does. I just have ulterior (fitness) motives now. :laugh: Trying to make being an adult suck a little less.

This is always admirable. I'm not a runner yet, but I like have a whole Zelda-themed system to track my goals. It makes doing adult things nerdy and awesome.

TELL ME MORE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nerdyandilikeit/view/the-legend-of-bron-423231
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My preferred method of cardio involves playing with my dog. No mental games needed to want to keep it going.
  • auroranflash
    Options

Check out my (Mega Man's) Teefury shirt for today:

1351105891_bot-mega.jpg
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That's good! Sometimes when I catch myself in a lackluster workout - you know, just going through the motions - I will pretend that a maniac with a machete is chasing me. That puts some pep in my step!
  • BlueInkDot
    Options
    How about the game called Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

It can be like... BETTER SPRINT HERE CUZ THE FAST ZOMBIES ARE COMING. And stuff. I dunno. I just made this up.

Or! or... You are an international spy on a mission. It's very important. GOGOGO. Or the terrorists win. :o

YOU ARE TOM CRUISE. RUN TOM CRUISE RUN. (Go look it up on youtube. Tom Cruise running. Hilarious. No joke.)

Oh, and of course videogame related games. We gotta come up with more of those. THE ALIENS ARE COMING. GET 'EM. SAVE THE WORLD. GOGOGO. yeaaaaah. gj. :D
  • auroranflash
    Options

TELL ME MORE.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/nerdyandilikeit/view/the-legend-of-bron-423231

:love:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    If you are ever in a park in Ohio, and you see a very tall, big guy "running" very slowly saying out loud, "Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running" in a Dori like voice......Make sure you say hello to me.

best mental picture of the day lol If I'm ever in Ohio, I'll make sure to look for you
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This isn't a game so much as I was freaked out because now it gets darker way earlier and I was running on a somewhat secluded track far away from lights and my car. I decided to go one more lap because there were others out and about, next thing I know it's practically dark and I see no one! I hauled *kitten* to my car!!!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How about the game called Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

It can be like... BETTER SPRINT HERE CUZ THE FAST ZOMBIES ARE COMING. And stuff. I dunno. I just made this up.

Or! or... You are an international spy on a mission. It's very important. GOGOGO. Or the terrorists win. :o

YOU ARE TOM CRUISE. RUN TOM CRUISE RUN. (Go look it up on youtube. Tom Cruise running. Hilarious. No joke.)

Oh, and of course videogame related games. We gotta come up with more of those. THE ALIENS ARE COMING. GET 'EM. SAVE THE WORLD. GOGOGO. yeaaaaah. gj. :D

Anything as long as you can fit in plenty of commando rolls.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Check out my (Mega Man's) Teefury shirt for today:

1351105891_bot-mega.jpg

mmm, the things you could do with that hand
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do the zombie thing too. If it's kinda dark, I imagine zombies are waiting for me in the woods by the road and I have to get past them before they realize I'm there. This works really well at 6 in the morning when there are vague noises and I can't really see what they are :)
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    You're so adorable. =B

My son plays the lava game at my gym. The guy who owns the gym even plays it with him, it's ridiculous. I think we're gonna get him to do primals with us soon, because he can crab-walk crazy good.

It's never fun to play the 'Oh God, I've gotta pee' game while jogging. That one sucks.