What birth control are you on? Does it work with you?

Options

Replies

• mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use my face and personality, seems to be working as there are no mini Mr/MissToasters running around
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Pull and Pray.. Hormone free and keeps you closer to the man above :wink:
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Yet we don't want to be pregnant...don't really have a choice.

condoms....

That's what I was thinking. I'm not on BC. Getting a hysterectomy next month, so we're just using condoms when we even find the time to do it!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nuva Ring. LOVE IT! I will never change.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    SHOP IS CLOSED!!!! I got Essure - so happy with it!! :bigsmile:
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Surgical menopause and abstinence (currently by choice--loving being single!) work like a charm. ;)
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm on the copper IUD and love it. No side effects at all.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I take the pill, I've been on it since I was 15 years old, I'm now almost 26 (in 2 weeks). I think I've taken quite a few different ones, I've probably been on the same one for awhile though. It's called Necon, just some generic pill. It's done me perfectly fine. I've never gained weight from it, I'm not anymore moody than I already would be around my period, my periods did become a lot less heavy but for some reason in the last 6 months, I've started having EXTREMELY heavy periods again like I did when I was in high school, I'm not sure what that is about, maybe just my body and not the pill but I've never found anything wrong or negative to say about the pill.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have the Mirena IUD and I love it. It's a 5-year IUD and to get pregnant you just have it removed - it's as easy as that. I'm on my second one...so it's been over 7 years now...and one of the wonderful side effects is no more period!! I love my Mirena!! :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm on Demulen & I've been on it for years. It didn't make me gain weight (that was too much food, lol). I don't have any issues with it; I'll probably stay on it until menopause! lol
  • madeofcake
    Options
    Nuva Ring, taken continuously for 3-6 months at a time. Super expensive, but low side effects. If I were certain about not having kids in the next X years, I'd probably get one of the non-hormonal IUDs.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Snippity snip for me. So far so good! No mood swings or anything for me! LOL
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Progesterone only BC makes me moody and makes me gain weight like crazy... both the depo shot AND the mini pill has done this... not to mention makes me have a period every two weeks... so yeah... as expensive as it is, I prefer the patch... it's easy, convienent. I don't gain weight and I'm not psycho woman.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Pull and Pray.. Hormone free and keeps you closer to the man above :wink:

This is my preferred method. I do have 4 kids so this may not be for everyone.:wink:
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    just commenting so i can come back and read the rest!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've probably tried 10+ different methods. I was on the patch for a few years. I hated it. I have sensitive skin so I always had a red rash ring where the patch had been. I had to move it every week. I also had it fall off a lot. In the summer I swim a lot. It sticks well in the shower, but if you swim fairly often, forget it.

I tried the Nuva Ring for a few years also and LOOOOVED it! It only ever "fell out" once. But that was when my ex-fiance had just returned from his tour of duty in Iraq. We had 9 months of not seeing each other to make up for. :tongue: I guess we just got a little "rough and crazy" LOL. Unfortunately, I switched jobs and insurance companies. I found that my new insurance company only paid for like $2 of it, which meant that it was over $80! Way to expensive for me.

I have tried a whole slew of pills (I call them BCP's). Most of them made me psycho with some NASTY mood swings, depression, increased appetite, etc. I tried Seasonale but didn't have a period for 9 months. It freaked me out because I thought I was pregnant the whole time.

I'm currently on Beyaz. It's basically like the Yaz pill but it offers extra B vitamins. You're actually supposed to take your "off week" pills because they don't have the hormones, but still have the vitamins. It basically makes it so that you can transition off of them easier in order to get pregnant when you're ready. I've experienced lighter periods on it and no craziness. They're also super cheap on my insurance ($8 a month ) :happy:
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nuva ring here. ZERO side effects. Zero weight gain. Love it.
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to be on Nuva ring & I lost 20 pounds on it, I started using loestrin & it made me gain like 7. Nuva ring would be my favortie birth control i've been on so far. I also have 2 friends that had the copper IUD, one lose 30 & one gained 50. Everyone is diferent.
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    None, and it's working perfectly!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Abstinence......but not by choice :frown:

THIS............