Ladies, how do you deal with a break up?

Options
I'm curious as to how we deal with this. I'm definitely going along the path of 'never sleeps, loses appetite' way of coping.

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

I fully agree with this. And wine.
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Beautify yourself :) Red dress and red lipstick makes all your worries go away :)
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

BAHAHAHA...i LOVE this! May have to give this one a try!
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Alcohol worked for me.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I stay busy and do things I enjoy more often.
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I usually work extra hard and lose weight very fast, more motivation! Dont get mad, get even!
  • annahuebscher
    Options

This is how classy broads go about it....or at least how I do.
  • bellydancer124
    Options

All of the above. :drinker:
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and work out harder...lol the endorphines really help and looking and feeling better keeps you out of the ice cream tub.
  • austindog2
    Options
    Time... and focusing on yourself. Whenever I break up with someone, I always start a new and different exercise routine or do something that I love that I haven't done in awhile. You're the only person you'll have forever, so you have to make sure YOU are happy first, and don't worry about anyone else for awhile. Making myself feel good boosts self esteem and makes me feel stronger, physically and mentally!
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    get busy... the last time i ended a relationship with someone i got motivated and stayed busy. i started working out and spending time with my friends that i had lost touch with during the relationship.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    ive always been the one to call things off. so...joy.

now that my fiance and i are nearing the seven year mark...it would likely be hysterics
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Eat ice cream. Drink wine. Watch the Oxygen channel.

Rinse and Repeat.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    You need to give yourself some time to just be sad. Its normal. When I have a break up, I do most of the stereotypical things (watch sad movies, eat ice cream, etc) Obviously you'll be upset for awhile but it gets better
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Work out. Drink. Screw. Not necessarily in that order.
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I didn't handle mine very well the first month or so. Comfort food, rum, couldn't focus, was cranky at work, didn't sleep....
    But then I reached out to healthy friendships and got a therapist that was covered under my health insurance to help process the emotions and develop different coping skills. Not everyone buys into therapy, but it's been very helpful for me. Glad to say I'm moving forward in a positive way, and I've registered for some athletic events to keep me focused and motivated.
    In my opinion, the most important thing is to surround yourself with loving people and get outside your own head sometimes.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Spend time with people you love.

If you are ready, talk about what happened and why. If you're not ready, blog about it or a keep a journal (you don't have to share it with people).

Write a list of all the times that person made you feel bad or situations that were not fun.

Write a list of things about yourself that you love.

Exercise!!!!

Join a club, a group, some sort of new activity where you can meet new people.

And something my mom always told me that helped me through a few break up "I didn't bring you into a world with a man by your side, so you do not need a man by your side to survive" (it sounds much nicer in spanish for some reason lol)

Best of luck!
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Friends are so important during this time. The good ones will make sure you're forever busy. This is the time to refocus and reset your goals for yourself. And wine. Lots and lots of wine!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Have sex with anything that walks.