Options

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, you'll go far!
  • kellis155
    Options
    This is such an amazing story. I can totally relate to your feelings. Best of luck in your "new life".

Thanks to all for continuing to bump the thread.
  • pegsum
    pegsum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend googling a blogger called "The Fat Nutritionist" I'm a huge fan of hers. She blogs about health at any size and our tendency to suffer in order to be thin instead of enjoying life and respecting our bodies.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    tl;dr peace out
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Awesome -- you have learned that the prize is not the number that you see but rather the journey and everything you learn along the way, a la Wizard of OZ...

Kudos to you. Enjoy your body, your family, your life!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I'm happy for you for the self-knowledge you've gained.

For the rest of us: Don't quit. Try something else.

The reason we are all fat is because we are malnourished. We are starving to death. We are feeding ourselves less of the same acidic diet we are all used to eating and that is accepted by everyone we know as 'the solution', otherwise known as 'calorie restriction'. It is only one piece of the puzzle.

Meanwhile, our bodies are screaming for nutrients, so we react by feeding it more of the same. Eventually, it screams so loud, we call it 'cravings' and after experiencing enough of that and the anxiety that goes along with it, we cave. When that doesn't work, we get hungry again. Sometimes within 20 minutes. This cycle repeats itself often enough and we feel like failures and give up and go back to eating more of the same diet.

We haven't given our bodies what they need - adequate nutrients. In North America, we are 2 nations of malnourished people, all starving to death. We develop fat cells to protect our internal organs from the acidic diets we are all ingesting. THAT is why we are fat. The fat cells are there to protect us, but they don't do a very good job and when there are enough of them, they can no longer protect us. We start to get sick. Achey. Tired all the time. Sound familiar?

I strongly urge you to get the movie "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". You will find it at www.jointhereboot.com.

And please read my blog www.hollycat50.wordpress.com. It's all there. All the information you are craving but have not heard about YET in mainstream media.

Please let me know what you think. Even if you think I'm a kook. [I'd be happy to educate you.]

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • TashiaMH
    TashiaMH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    An amazing and inspiring story you have. I hope that your story may help someone who's undiagnosed going through the same issues you endured.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    well-good luck with your future food en devours.....
  • pegsum
    pegsum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tl;dr peace out

Thank you for this valuable insight. Saying "peace out" after being a jerk doesn't cancel it out.

I know, I know, I shouldn't feed the troll. Sorry everybody, but I'm tired of jerks.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    wow that was deep. Thank u for sharing ur story. I'm sure it has helped someone and though u say u quit, u quit worrying about losing u will continue to do the things that got the weight down. I think the person you have become is commendable. I hope u are or become comforable where u are. Good luck to u in ur future.
  • LisabethG
    LisabethG Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amen sister. Best of luck with your new journey! Thank you for your post. :)
  • frizzychris47
    Options
    Good for you! I have now got it into my head after 2 years of all the excersing, it doesnt matter what the scales say...it matters if I am healthy and fit.

Take care and all the best. I am now a size 18 was a 22 years ago. I want to lose another 60 pounds but I am so not stressing about it anymore. And I so love riding my bike....mountain biking is the best. I lead bike rides and happy for it!!
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I haven't seen this since a few days after I posted it. So many responses that I didn't know about. You guys rock! I've had a wretched day today and yesterday. Lots of tough, emotional things going on in my extended family that are very hard and difficult to deal with. I've been pretty down. Reading your responses has lifted my spirits like you wouldn't believe.

As an update, I actually did follow through with what I said. I'm living my life. I know how to eat and I know that moving every day makes me feel good. I'm doing great. In early October I had a friend come to visit and I went off the doctor prescribed low carb for a few days, which threw me out of ketosis. I didn't worry about it and went right back to it after he left. A couple weeks later I put on a pair of jeans that have always been a little loose and was shocked to find they were huge! Without a scale or checking my appearance daily, I had not idea I had lost a bit more. I believe it was going out of ketosis and then getting a nice little jump on going back in. I am maintaining and my head is not nearly as full of freak out as it was before.

Bless you all in your efforts and thank you so much for your kind words.
    J.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    My mom has Hashimoto's so I understand. What I say to you is to keep eating right & like how those jeans just magically were loose on you, keep hope! Like they say, good things come to those who wait (if only a weight pun could work!). You are going to get what you deserve, just when you stop looking for it, like Murphy's Law! Keep eating healthy & loving yourself & you'll get there. You're so close! :) :hug:
  • eyesontheprize13
    Options
    I so love this!! Sounds like you're not necessarily "quitting" all together, but in the calculating sense of the somewhat vicious diet world. Sounds like you've got a great life and plan ahead of you :) Cheers to your new lifestyle!! I admire you, I love this post and wish you the best!! I hope to one day develop your mindset! Enjoy all your busy activities with those grandkids and great grandkids!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later when I'm home.

Finally got to read this. What an awesome story lady! Great work and congratulations!
  • Catskillet
    Catskillet Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ...you are awesome! (and super-smart too!!)
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You're quitting what doesn't work and retaining what has. You rock! Stay healthy and thank you for sharing your journey.
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love post like these! I thank you for sharing!
  • Eloracbmulp
    Options
    Have u tried Iodine tablets from the health food store. Thyroid problems are hellish hard to diagnose,even the medical profession acknowledge that. It could be a way forward for you.At least its worth a try..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!