if all you ever posted on the internet

Options
n0ob
n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
Could be used against you in something (court, job interview, running for office...), how screwed would you be?

I'd probably be deemed childist, racist, schizophrenic, sexist, illiterate, or just awesome depending on who was keeping score.

(on a side note, I spelled schizophrenic right on my first try, blue star for me).

Replies

• BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    fairly safe :wink:
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    the people in my life would probably clap & cheer bc I'm pretty boring in real life LOL
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    pretty screwed
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm frequently called a misogynist on the internet.

And then I say "**** you, I'm a woman, I can say whatever I want" and they shut right up.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be ok, unless they could see PM's, then there might be some trouble
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well Obama is pushing for everyone to be required to have a public internet ID. The wild west days of the internet are coming to and end very shortly.

Source: http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/obama-pushing-internet-id-americans
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well Obama is pushing for everyone to be required to have a public internet ID. The wild west days of the internet are coming to and end very shortly.

Source: http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/obama-pushing-internet-id-americans

For serious? Did you not just see the last political thread get shut down?
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you the same thing I keep telling those 2 FBI agents that have been parked in front of my house for the past few months.... I never went to those websites... they were only pop-up ads!
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh im sorry officer. Please dont report me.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not running for political office, school principal, or dog sitter any time soon, so I'm probably okay.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you the same thing I keep telling those 2 FBI agents that have been parked in front of my house for the past few months.... I never went to those websites... they were only pop-up ads!

LOL....same here. And, it must have been my children posting as me. I'd never type anything bad.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I've been online since I was in my early teens so yeah, I'd go straight past jail and into Hades itself.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'd be pretty safe. The worst they could come up with would probably be my political affiliation, which would really only matter if they weren't the same and cared. I'm a bit of an activist though. I suppose depending on the person that could hurt.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm golden.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Next time read it.

These digital IDs would be offered to consumers by online vendors for financial transactions.

Schmidt stressed today that anonymity and pseudonymity will remain possible on the Internet. “I don’t have to get a credential if I don’t want to,” he said. There’s no chance that “a centralized database will emerge,” and “we need the private sector to lead the implementation of this,” he said.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Next time read it.

These digital IDs would be offered to consumers by online vendors for financial transactions.

Schmidt stressed today that anonymity and pseudonymity will remain possible on the Internet. “I don’t have to get a credential if I don’t want to,” he said. There’s no chance that “a centralized database will emerge,” and “we need the private sector to lead the implementation of this,” he said.

You just dropped a weight in MY gym brah...
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Totally safe. I figure if you treat people like you want to be treated, you're going to be ok.

Now, if there was something recording my thoughts all the time, I'd be in deep trouble.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    the people in my life would probably clap & cheer bc I'm pretty boring in real life LOL
    ^^ this ^^
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    no comment...