Favorite Chicken Breast Marinades or toppings?

Options

Replies

• TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love this post...because I love chicken! Thanks for all the ideas....
  • Keaira_M
    Options
    I like to make mine with fried rice. Marinade it in soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar or honey, lemongrass, coriander, some ginger (all in powder) some fresh garlic and just a little bit of oil if you need more marinade without making it too soy-y.. chop the chicken in pieces, marinate a few hours and fry it up, no extra oil needed, or for low fat put them in the oven for about 20 minutes. yum.
  • yonit1118
    Options
    I make rosemary-lemon chicken, it's yummy and really easy

1. Use cut up chicken breast, leg, thigh etc
    I usually broil my chicken for 10 minutes each side, it gets rid of all the access fat(the juices)

2. Marinade- Add ingredients in bowl
    olive oil less than 1/4 cup
    paprika 1 tsp
    squeeze 1-2 lemon (depends on how acid you want it to be)
    Garlic or garlic powder 1 tsp
    Honey 1 tbsp or more if it's too lemony
    Rose merry
    Add water at the end

3. Place marinate all over chicken

4. Bake in oven for 45 minutes covered @350 degrees
    5. Uncover, let bake for additional 10 minutes

Chicken comes out flavorful with a lot of sauce

Good Luck
  • KSofiak
    Options
    bump
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kwmarissa
    kwmarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My friend makes almond crusted chicken. It's pretty good, and loaded with protein.
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you have a good nonstick pan, sauté about a cup or so of sliced mushrooms, bake chicken as you described, take out of the oven top with honey mustard (recipe follows) sautéed mushrooms, one slice of Pan cooked bacon (only about 20 calories if you only use one slice) and cover with 1 oz of Cabot 60 calorie sharp cheddar. Return to the oven and melt the cheese, it's a lighter version of Alice springs chicken from outback, and it's awesome.

For honey mustard, mix 1/4c plain Greek dressing, 1 tbsp grey poupon Dijon mustard, and 1 tbsp honey.
  • bchboy1206
    bchboy1206 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great Stuff, Bump!!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tvenner2
    tvenner2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp ketchup, 4-5 cloves garlic chopped, lots of fresh ground black pepper. You can use as a marinade for chicken or baste on while grilling.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Newman's Lowfat Sesame/Ginger Dressing, and Newman's chunky mild Peach Salsa.
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dianemaddix
    dianemaddix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe,my fav. 5 chicken breasts bake till cooked.chop and add 1 bag frozen broccoli.stir together. Mix container of ff sour cream. 1-2 tbsp chicken boullion, tsp garlic and pepper. Stir together with broc/chicken. Add 1 cup low fat grated cheese to the mixture(i like the tex mex) stir all together and bake for 30 min at 350. this makes a large casserole dish but great for leftovers and freezing.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light .com always has some real good chicken recipes.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If doing lemon pepper, I also add garlic powder & onion powder or minced onion.

Sometimes a simple rub with Lawry's seasoning & rub for poultry.

If you don't have issues with dairy, get the powdered Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix & use as a yummy ranch rub.

3 simple marinades are to coat in Garlic Expressions dressing, Jack Daniels Honey Smokehouse barbecue sauce, or Terrapin Ridge Farms spicy chipotle sauce.

More work, but still pretty easy is Montego Chicken. Marinade 4 boneless skinless breasts at least 1 hour in 2T each of olive oil & reduced sodium soy sauce, 4T white wine vinegar, lime juice, & Jamaican jerk seasoning, and 1 cup orange juice.

I also make my own salt-free taco seasoning and brown ground white chicken then make healthy taco salads with chopped tomatoes, onions, salsa, light cheddar shreds, lettuce, no deep fried bowl! I do sometimes add fat free refried beans.

I have more, but that should give you a start.
  • natbeach
    Options
    My brother does satay with low fat greek yoghurt, natural peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce. I guess play around with the proportions. Im trying it tonight!!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I didnt read through the whole thread to see if someone else mentioned this or not, but I am sure you have seen the salsa chicken recipe on here. I tried it last night and OMG. I put it in the crock pot (1 lb boneless skinless breasts, 1 jar salsa, 1 packet taco seasoning) on WARM for 10 hours. shredded so easily with a fork. wow Im telling you it was so easy and so delicious. I made little shredded chicken tacos with it. so yummy, cheap, easy.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Loving these... I may not give my chicken the evil eye anymore when I take it out of the fridge LOL! Will have to cut and paste them all into one page to print out... and bonus points.. I won't have to talk to my chicken anymore (as in "WHAT am I going to do with YOU tonight?) Thanks everyone!

(Ummmm.. other people talk to their chicken, too, right?) :embarassed: