Down 137 pounds in 6 months. (pics)

Options

Replies

• AIWright73
    Options
    Please tell me what you have done to loose your weight. I am struggling here.
  • 27stoneofidiot
    27stoneofidiot Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's excellent work, well done. More inspiration for my own journey.
  • sambo_1959
    Options
    simply amazing ....your everyone's new hero.....thanks for sharing your story !!!!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Woooooooooooooow, that is outstanding!!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Amazing! well done!!!
  • loveyatoo
    Options
    So Proud Of you!!!!!!! I have just started and hope I can do as well as you! Lots of hugs and prayers!!!!
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow great job you look great!
  • Kookytoot
    Options
    Way to go!
  • wazzanz
    Options
    Please tell me what you have done to loose your weight. I am struggling here.

Read from the start and you will see more.

5 pounds a week is awesome!!
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    you must have been in the gym about 2 hours a day I guess? did you use a HRM so you know your calorie burn?
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Totally AMAZING!! WONDERFUL!! Congrats to you!
  • SGocka
    SGocka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wasn't expecting such a response! Thank you all very much for the kind words. I'll go through the thread and try to answer all your questions.
    Do you plan on doing a bulk cycle anytime soon?

Yes, once I am happy with my weight I intend on hitting the weights pretty hard. I'm not sure what I want to get down to though. I'm thinking somewhere abound 185-190 we'll see.
    Outstanding result. You look so much younger and healthy. What was your diet like?

I try to eat mostly organic. I cut out junk food and soda. I eat 3 meals a day and a snack or two. Sometimes a few protein shakes. You can check my diary if you'd like.
    That would be a helluva lot of weight to lose in a year and you did it in 6 months ... amazing.

In an attempt to educate myself, my question is isn't that too much weight to lose too fast?

From everything I've read, heard, saw, listened to and was told, 2lbs a week is probably the most a really big person should try to lose health-wise .... and not any more.

Have you had any side effects?

You must have a secret because most of us are slowly trying to lose a pound or so a week or are stuck on a plateau of some type ... and we're working hard.

I'm all ears and congratulations ....

I've heard 2 pounds a week is the most you should lose. I think that depends on the person. At 344 and eating right the weight falls right off. There have been a few side effects, I now have spent a ton of money on new clothes and my blood pressure is down from 160/90 to 100/60 :) The only negative thing is I get colder a lot easier now but I can live with that. Even though it gets pretty chilly in New England.
    Congratulations. That is an amazing transformation. I am extremely happy for you. I hope that with all the weight you lost you lost those cigarettes as well!

I'm glad you brought that up. I didn't decide to lose a bunch of weight, I decided to be healthy. I was dipping a can a day, smoking a pack of cigars every couple days and drinking at least a handle a week. I have quit all three. I no longer dip, smoke, or drink.
    If my math is right, you lost about 5 pounds per week. Really?

If that's what the math works out to then yes. I know it is a lot of weight but I assure you it is correct and no I did not have any type of surgery or use any fat loss products or fad diets.
    Amazing!!! How did you lose it so fast? What kind of work outs do you do?

I lost it so fast through strict diet and a ton of exercise. I was doing cardio every day and light lifting three days a week. Now at least till I get to a comfortable weight I have switched to all cardio. I do 65 minutes a day. 60 minutes at full resistance and a 5 minute cool down. By full resistance I mean I get on the elliptical or whatever and put the resistance all the way up and bust my butt for that solid hour. Typically I burn between 800-900 calories a day at the gym (So says the machine anyway)
    So, jealous! I have been at it for 8 months now and have only lost 56lbs! You have done amazing, keep up the great work!

56 pounds is fantastic. This is not a race. You should be very proud of yourself. Congrats!
    What did you do to loose so much in six months? Please share. I am struggling here.:mad:

I stuck with it. Sometimes it's hard and sometimes I don't want to go to the gym but I do it anyway. Sometimes I really want a slice of pizza or whatever but I don't eat it. Simple as that. It wasn't easy I can promise you that.
    you must have been in the gym about 2 hours a day I guess? did you use a HRM so you know your calorie burn?

65 minutes a day. I don't use a heart rate monitor. I just go by the calories on the machine just for a benchmark.

I think I answered all the questions so far. Feel free to ask anymore you may have and thank you all again for all the kind words.
  • Chopper88
    Options
    Incredible! Awesome job!
  • naturalbeauty1922
    Options
    YOU LOOK FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on a job well done!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! In 6 months?!?! that is AMAZING!!!! Fantastic job!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow - that's great.

PS
    Love the shirt:smile:
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please tell us what you did.

I'm in the gym 7 days a week and eat between 1200-1300 calories a day.

I also cut out 100% of junk. I don't do cheat days.

Is this by eating back your calories? or no?
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    Wow thats awesome!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    May 6th I was 344 pounds. As of November 6th I was 207.

With a lot of hard work and determination anything is possible. :)

344 on the left, 250 on the right, 207 on the bottom.

ScreenShot2012-11-08at82953AM.png

6months207pounds.png
    Amazing... wtg hard work definately pays off....good on you. Junk is the devil- I do like it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!